what's the maximum amount of muscle your body can build while "on"

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
When you're natural your body can only build about .5-2lbs of dry muscle tissue per month. That discourages people from eating like pigs because your body can only use just so many of those calories to build and the rest will just be stored as fat. But the problem with gear, let's talk only injectables, is that I never hear anybody discuss how much muscle you can humanly build while "on", at the very least some rough estimates. That's why so many people just gorge themselves and eat until they can't eat anymore and they end up with half of their total gains being fat. They ended up putting on all the muscle they could, but obviously they ate way too much because their body was able to store so many excess calories as fat. Theoretically they could have gained just as much muscle and hardly any of the fat if they had just ate only the amount of calories needed to build muscle.

When you're natural, since your body can only build .5-2lbs of muscle a month, you only have to give it an extra 300-500 calories a day to use as building blocks. If you're on, obviously your body will be able to build a lot more muscle than .5-2lbs a month, but just how much ? You really need to know that number in order to give a decent estimation of how many extra calories you should give it. You don't want to be too conservative and take away some possible gains, but you also don't want to be too liberal and end up putting on a bunch of unnecessary fat which will inevitably lead to some muscle loss when you trying cutting down the fat.

Are there no scientific studies or things of that sort on this subject ?

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Awards
I've heard of first time users gaing 30 pounds on a cycle of test. How much of that is water I'm not sure.

I hear the same things, it usually ranges between 20-30lbs for everybody's first cycle, even people who run Prop which doesn't give you anywhere near the water weight of Test E/C still stay they gained that much their first cycle. But most people never mention the amount of fat they gained which doesn't really help cause anybody could easily gain 25lbs in 3 months just by eating 1000 excess calories a day.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear the same things, it usually ranges between 20-30lbs for everybody's first cycle, even people who run Prop which doesn't give you anywhere near the water weight of Test E/C still stay they gained that much their first cycle. But most people never mention the amount of fat they gained which doesn't really help cause anybody could easily gain 25lbs in 3 months just by eating 1000 excess calories a day.
Yeah but 25 pounds gained from just pigging out, and 25 pounds gained from being on test pigging out and lifting heavy look totaly different..

ironjoe

Awards
if you can gain 5 pounds of solid muscle every month you're kicking ass. On your first cycle the gains may come quicker but 5/month is excellent.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When you're natural your body can only build about .5-2lbs of dry muscle tissue per month.
I've done way better than this, even taking bodyfat into account. It's simple when you are starting out with lifting, or starting up after a lot of activity, or even coming off of a cut.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is an impossible question to answer imo. Also even if you determine that you can gain 5lbs per month finding the exact tools (training, nutrition, etc) to get you to the 5lbs each month is going to be close to impossible.

Just train your ass off and eat right. :cheers:

Basically what I'm saying is your looking for an answer nobody can definitely answer. Unless you were just looking for peoples anecdotal feedback on what they have experienced...

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
This is another unanswerable question. Far, far too many variables to come with any sort of accurate guesstimate.