how do you change workout program on the juice?

K

krogtaar

Awards
currently doing HST for upper and westside for lower (want speed/explosiveness without size) and eating maintenance.

if i do a 5 week pplex/mdrol bridgeaiming at ~15lb of lbm, what's the best program to follow? im thinking much higher volume...like 12-15 sets per muscle group every 4th or 5th day...but any reco on rep ranges or that jazz?

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
im thinking German High Volume...google it and see what comes up.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I don't. If I'm feeling a little frisky I may throw in a few more sets but that's about it.

P

pdigs

instead of every muscle once a week, do every muscle twice a week

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
You can take advantage of the fact that its nearly impossible to overtrain....that can mean several different things to you depending on what type of training you're doing....higher reps, more sets, less rest, etc...

holy

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Since starting SD I've noticed i don't really get sore anymore. So I'm training the muscles more frequently. Hit em hard, wait a few days and hit them again. 1x a week is too much time if you're getting chemical help.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
instead of every muscle once a week, do every muscle twice a week
I'm doing each muscle group in a 4 day split... and a full body workout one day during the week.... Looks like this.

Mon, shoulders/tris
Tues, Back
Wed, off
Thurs, chest/bies
Friday, Off
Sat, Legs
Sunday, full body

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
When I used AAS back in the day the best program by far I used was a Program called Big Beyond Belief that was centered around some kind of Bulgarian training method That was sold by a guy named Leo Costa. No other program ever gave me as good results. I may use it again when I start my cycle (legal cycle..hehe) in a couple weeks if I can figure out how to work out as many days with my crazy work schedule.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
When I used AAS back in the day the best program by far I used was a Program called Big Beyond Belief that was centered around some kind of Bulgarian training method That was sold by a guy named Leo Costa. No other program ever gave me as good results. I may use it again when I start my cycle (legal cycle..hehe) in a couple weeks if I can figure out how to work out as many days with my crazy work schedule.
could you share more about this training program? If it's that good, i'd like to know what makes it tick :thumbsup:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is important to remember that the Central Nervous System's ability to repair is not increased by anabolic/androgenic compounds. While skeletal muscular overtraining is not probable, overtraining of the CNS is very possible. Strength is increased in large part by neural adaptations which place a large strain on the CNS. Constantly increasing your total weight in conjunction with total volume can lead to disrupted sleep patterns, and other symptoms of CNS overtraining.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is important to remember that the Central Nervous System's ability to repair is not increased by anabolic/androgenic compounds. While skeletal muscular overtraining is not probable, overtraining of the CNS is very possible. Strength is increased in large part by neural adaptations which place a large strain on the CNS. Constantly increasing your total weight in conjunction with total volume can lead to disrupted sleep patterns, and other symptoms of CNS overtraining.
What many fail to recognize or remember is that AAS increase protein synthesis and glycogen retention. With the addition of greater contractile strength supported by greater nutrition partioning there is no need to train any more than before their use. Actually you recover and grow better if all else remains the same because of greater protein synthesis and glycogen retention. We tend to respond to the supraphysiological levels with over training which as you stated compromises CNS and actually can hinder the benefits of AAS use. Anabolics enhance recovery outside the gym where the growth takes place. Time tested trial and error has shown me that increased volume and training only compromise ligament and tendon health as well as promote CNS exhaustion. I dare to train ≤ when ON.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What many fail to recognize or remember is that AAS increase protein synthesis and glycogen retention. With the addition of greater contractile strength supported by greater nutrition partioning there is no need to train any more than before their use. Actually you recover and grow better if all else remains the same because of greater protein synthesis and glycogen retention. We tend to respond to the supraphysiological levels with over training which as you stated compromises CNS and actually can hinder the benefits of AAS use. Anabolics enhance recovery outside the gym where the growth takes place. Time tested trial and error has shown me that increased volume and training only compromise ligament and tendon health as well as promote CNS exhaustion. I dare to train ≤ when ON.
Most definitely. I found the greatest results came from unaltered training, and thereby maximizing the vastly increased recovery as you mentioned. Just because one can lift a house on Tren, doesn't mean they should lift a house. ;)

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I totall agree with the fact that recovery abilities are put into overdrive while on gear. However, just because you recover three times faster doesnt mean your strength/growth will be parallel to that. It just doesnt make sense....Strength, power, and size are the fruits your body yields only after it is forced to adapt and overcome the load placed on it. If you continue to place the same load onto your skeletal muscle day in and day out, the results will stall very quickly simply because there is no immediate need for your body to accomodate additional strenght/muscle. Only after the load is raised is muscular growth going to resume....taking advantage of the freakish recovery abilities that gear provides is the most efficient way to help you raise the bar in your training at this point.

The human body does not want to walk around at a ripped and muscular 275#....hence why you lose the hard earned muscle when you slow or stop training. Your body simply isnt able to maintain the size without the continued load being placed upon it.

The bottom line is this...If I took steroids and trained the exact same way throughout the cycle that I train now, without ever adding weight as I was getting stronger, or pushing my intensity level up a notch or two, the results will be nowhere near as pronounced as if I had done those things. I have worked with some of the best athletes in the world in several different sports, and I can say without exception that not making adjustments to your training simply isnt going to take you to the next level.

BTW, I dont mean to sound argumentative at all....I apologize in advance if that seems to be the tone of my post...

holy

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I totall agree with the fact that recovery abilities are put into overdrive while on gear. However, just because you recover three times faster doesnt mean your strength/growth will be parallel to that. It just doesnt make sense....Strength, power, and size are the fruits your body yields only after it is forced to adapt and overcome the load placed on it. If you continue to place the same load onto your skeletal muscle day in and day out, the results will stall very quickly simply because there is no immediate need for your body to accomodate additional strenght/muscle. Only after the load is raised is muscular growth going to resume....taking advantage of the freakish recovery abilities that gear provides is the most efficient way to help you raise the bar in your training at this point.

The human body does not want to walk around at a ripped and muscular 275#....hence why you lose the hard earned muscle when you slow or stop training. Your body simply isnt able to maintain the size without the continued load being placed upon it.

The bottom line is this...If I took steroids and trained the exact same way throughout the cycle that I train now, without ever adding weight as I was getting stronger, or pushing my intensity level up a notch or two, the results will be nowhere near as pronounced as if I had done those things. I have worked with some of the best athletes in the world in several different sports, and I can say without exception that not making adjustments to your training simply isnt going to take you to the next level.

BTW, I dont mean to sound argumentative at all....I apologize in advance if that seems to be the tone of my post...

holy
Not argumentative at all. Valid points.

Without the use of androgens one should be training with a strategy and detailed plan to increase overload. This absolutely applies to training with the use of AAS. So when I say all else the same, I do mean the same strategy to "incrementally" overload the muscle...BUT... being very sensitive to ligament and tendon issues that can arise from increased contractile strength that one experiences with the use of AAS. As well this "incremental" increase needs to be applied to avoid the potential to over tax the CNS.

Someone like me and yourself who may have many years of training experience supported and documented with meticulously detailed training logs may not fall under this risk as much as a first time youngster who is experiencing super performance and strength increases from supraphysiological levels of anabolics.

In summary what I am saying is that I still train intelligently with a plan and strategy.

BTW, no need for kid gloves holy. I am a moderator/administrator. My position is a function on the board. My brain is my own. I desire to learn and share just like anyone else. Fear neither. Respect each other and we are all good.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Not argumentative at all. Valid points.

Without the use of androgens one should be training with a strategy and detailed plan to increase overload. This absolutely applies to training with the use of AAS. So when I say all else the same, I do mean the same strategy to "incrementally" overload the muscle...BUT... being very sensitive to ligament and tendon issues that can arise from increased contractile strength that one experiences with the use of AAS. As well this "incremental" increase needs to be applied to avoid the potential to over tax the CNS.

Someone like me and yourself who may have many years of training experience supported and documented with meticulously detailed training logs may not fall under this risk as much as a first time youngster who is experiencing super performance and strength increases from supraphysiological levels of anabolics.

In summary what I am saying is that I still train intelligently with a plan and strategy.

BTW, no need for kid gloves holy. I am a moderator/administrator. My position is a function on the board. My brain is my own. I desire to learn and share just like anyone else. Fear neither. Respect each other and we are all good.

This is exactly why I enjoy coming here...intelligent conversation with educated debate....I realize I am new "here" and was simply making sure my points were well taken and I didnt come across like a juvenile...I know what its like to be on the other side...:thumbsup:

I think we obviously agree on principle and maybe I just misunderstood your overall strategy. Im also glad you mentioned taxing/tiring the CNS....There is a certain look that people get (especially when getting ready for a show) that is best described as "chemically tired"....I think that is a real world example of what you were getting at...albeit an extreme one.

holy

R

rpt95

Awards
If I am training for a strength competition and am using a ph I all most always up the volume and weights. The key is finding that delicate balance between training hard and smart and overtraining. I usually take my body to its limits for no more than 4-5 consecutive weeks and then nothing but light lifting the week before a comp. I feel as though I can push myself much harder while using a ph but still don't go past 5 weeks of heavy intense training without a break.

K

krogtaar

Awards
it sounds like it would be best to take a week off or very light right before starting anything hormonal to let your CNS and joints/tendons recover...then any training plan as long as it is heavy and increasing each workout