Does Rogain prevent hair from thinning while on cycle?

San Quinn

San Quinn

Awards
  • Established
Anyone that usually loses hair on cycle use Rogain to prevent hair loss with sucess? About to start my second cycle of H-drol but with Propadrol and thinking about using Rogain to try to prevent hair loss.

Thanks

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
never heard of Rogain but as i am sure you know saw palmetto helps prevent DHT conversion

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
wouldnt know about on cycle, but i've been using rogain for bout a month and i'm seeing results

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
guys, check out products with 10-15% minoxidil (hair regrowth) + 5% Azelaic acid (DHT blocker).

This company makes such a product (cheaper on Amazon tho): http://www.perfecthairsolutions.com/M_azelaic.htm

Also, there are other Internet sites that sell it. Just Google it. I got mine from Amazon. I recommend the 15% Minoxidil version vs 10%. Regular minoxidil is 5% I THINK.

Good luck!

-Papa!-

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if this would work lol, It prevents animal shedding.

Brewers Yeast and Garlic Dog & Cat Vitamin Supplement

haha i started taking in on accident because i thought the dog/cat on the label was just an ad haha and now my hair is great ;P ill be taking it during my Epi cycle i start today

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Short answer? Sort of.

Rogaine causes your follicles to shift from dormant to active growth phase, thus replenishing lost hair.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Short answer? Sort of.

Rogaine causes your follicles to shift from dormant to active growth phase, thus replenishing lost hair.
And if you stop taking minoxidil, expect your new hair to....disappear! This is what is says on my old 5% minoxidil bottle! "USE IT OR LOSE IT" doodz!

-Papa!-

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And if you stop taking minoxidil, expect your new hair to....disappear! This is what is says on my old 5% minoxidil bottle! "USE IT OR LOSE IT" doodz!

-Papa!-
Not quite....once you cease usage, your hair is subject to a continuation of what was going on in the first place. The new hairs don't automatically just "fall out" ala Homer Simpson

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Not quite....once you cease usage, your hair is subject to a continuation of what was going on in the first place. The new hairs don't automatically just "fall out" ala Homer Simpson

Hmm....I will have to look into this. I know hair growth is cyclic in nature, but i don't know enough about it and Minoxidil's chemistry to be confident that Minoxidil will result in permanent new hair. In this case, my ignorance is not bliss.

Good news is, Minoxidil MAY lead to permanent new hair....MAY. :)

San Quinn

San Quinn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies!

I was talking to someone that sells Azelaic Acid and he said it blocks DHT up to 98% on hair that is not in the scalp (test tube study) and that it blocks DHT in the hair follicle up to about 20%. Anyone else hear about this? If this is true Azelaic Acid wouldn't be of much help. I tried it for a month and not only did it smell very bad but didnt see any results. May have been too soon to expect results but it was a PITA to put on every morning/night. I have a lot of hair but want to keep what I have.

I also tried liquid spiro which btw smells pretty bad and a few people on this forum mentioned that taking spiro is suppressive and non-anabolic even in topical form
test binds to androgen receptors(AR`s) and that is the chemical message to begin a lot of process to repair of muscle and its growth(anabolism), spiro bind to AR`s and block test to do its job but spiro dont have any anabolic potential so you will not grow, you`re gonna shrink.
So far I have not found any real hair loss prevention that works? I have been using 2% Nizoral, Saw Palmetto caps, spiro and liquid fina (caused loss in libido and erections) with no success. Might try Minoxidil Topical / Azelaic Acid 5% DHT Inhibitor or just normal Rogain (Minoxidil) to see what happens. From what I have read Minoxidil will create new hair but once you stop using it the new hair falls out.

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you even prone to MPB? Has you hair started shedding? I have a really deep 'M' shape hairline that hasn't changed at all *knocks on wood* in a few years. I've never noticed shedding, other than the usual 3-4 hairs that come out when I shower. I've been concerned with going bald too, but apparently a receded hairline and MPB are two very different things. I just hope my hairline keeps staying where it is!

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies!

I was talking to someone that sells Azelaic Acid and he said it blocks DHT up to 98% on hair that is not in the scalp (test tube study) and that it blocks DHT in the hair follicle up to about 20%. Anyone else hear about this? If this is true Azelaic Acid wouldn't be of much help. I tried it for a month and not only did it smell very bad but didnt see any results. May have been too soon to expect results but it was a PITA to put on every morning/night. I have a lot of hair but want to keep what I have.

I also tried liquid spiro which btw smells pretty bad and a few people on this forum mentioned that taking spiro is suppressive and non-anabolic even in topical form

So far I have not found any real hair loss prevention that works? I have been using 2% Nizoral, Saw Palmetto caps, spiro and liquid fina (caused loss in libido and erections) with no success. Might try Minoxidil Topical / Azelaic Acid 5% DHT Inhibitor or just normal Rogain (Minoxidil) to see what happens. From what I have read Minoxidil will create new hair but once you stop using it the new hair falls out.
I haven't done a ton of research on hair loss prevention and regrowth, but what I have read is that minoxidil REGROWS hair (and, in a nutshell, if you stop taking Minoxidil you can expect to basically lose that new hair.....) and Azelaic Acid is a DHT blocker (100% I read). It blocks DHT at the scalp where you apply the solution.

Like I posted previously, I purchased a 10% Minoxidil + 5% Azelaic Acid solution for hair and it came in ONE 60mL bottle (both compounds in one solution). It does NOT smell and absorbs nicely. My hair is not greasy afterwards and you only apply it 1x ED. Hope this helps man.

I've also read that some guys use a Keto shampoo also. I'd look into that if you're interested in an additional remedy. You would probably use the keto shampoo along w/Minox and/or Azelaic Acid. ;) Cheers brudda

-Papa!-