steroid receptors

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
Curious- do receptors actually down regulate?

Hence if you stay on you can not see gains if you do not change drugs/dosage? Or possiby you start to lose mass as there is no hormone signaling happening anymore or a very weak signal.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
Curious- do receptors actually down regulate?

Hence if you stay on you can not see gains if you do not change drugs/dosage? Or possiby you start to lose mass as there is no hormone signaling happening anymore or a very weak signal.
I think this is the theory, but not sure if there is actually any proof behind it. Another theory is liver adaptation for orals. It seems plausible as gains tend to diminish after certain periods of time

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
The prevailing assumption is that receptors do downregulate or at least get so saturated that results slow to a stop. I have never seen literature to support this, but then again, doing steroid research as it would apply to bodybuilders isnt exactly ethical so no pharmaceutical giant is gonna go near it. It has been my experience that cycles are indeed the way to go. I know two people who never come off, but I wouldnt exactly say they are still getting tangible results either. Another thing to think about isnt just physical gains, but overall health.

holy

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
The prevailing assumption is that receptors do downregulate or at least get so saturated that results slow to a stop. I have never seen literature to support this, but then again, doing steroid research as it would apply to bodybuilders isnt exactly ethical so no pharmaceutical giant is gonna go near it. It has been my experience that cycles are indeed the way to go. I know two people who never come off, but I wouldnt exactly say they are still getting tangible results either. Another thing to think about isnt just physical gains, but overall health.

holy
Actually androgen receptors have been shown to UPregulate in response to AAS. Its more likely that glucocortcoids are increased to slow gains than down regulate of receptor activity.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Actually androgen receptors have been shown to UPregulate in response to AAS. Its more likely that glucocortcoids are increased to slow gains than down regulate of receptor activity.
Sounds good to me...LOL...

holy