Trenbolone Article - Asking Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just wanted to share this with you guys:

From Wikipedia:

Illicit Use

No trenbolone compounds have been approved by the FDA for human use,[1] due to a lack of clinical applications and some potential negative side-effects.[2] It is classified as a Schedule III drug under the Controlled Substances Act. However, drug addicts have been known to use the drug illicitly in order to increase body mass more effectively than by weight training alone. A normal bodybuilding dosage can range from 200 mg/week up to 1400 mg/week. Due to the relatively short metabolic half-life of trenbolone acetate, dosages should commonly be split into injections at least once every two days. Trenbolone enanthate can be injected once a week.
Read the bolded/underlined part. Is it just me, or does it make anyone else angry that public perception chooses to crucify anyone using pro-hormones/steroids as a DRUG ADDICT rather than say a recreational user or someone intelligent enough to control and enhance their own health?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
media labled steroids as "bad", that will never change, users just need to except it

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
yeah that's annoying, I never quite caught that and I've read the tren wiki blurb many times. The problem with wiki is anyone can contribute, so, some moron who assumes steroid users are 'druggies' probably put that up.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
Just playing devil's advocate here, but do you not think that steroids can become psychologically addicting?

I know I LOVE how I feel on Test. Off-cycle, all you think about is going back on. On-cycle you can't wait to pin again.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just playing devil's advocate here, but do you not think that steroids can become psychologically addicting?

I know I LOVE how I feel on Test. Off-cycle, all you think about is going back on. On-cycle you can't wait to pin again.
I LOVE oreos, especially with milk, but they're not addicting in any way

BTW i haven't eaten oreos in years...

Our society is built upon levels of falsehoods and misperceptions. It is only in recent years that I've realized the level to which i was brainwashed concerning drugs, steroids, etc.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I truly don't care how I'm labeled. Call me a co*k sucking doVchebag.....great, I care. Media can say what they want, so will you and I. *shrugs*

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I LOVE oreos, especially with milk, but they're not addicting in any way

BTW i haven't eaten oreos in years...

Our society is built upon levels of falsehoods and misperceptions. It is only in recent years that I've realized the level to which i was brainwashed concerning drugs, steroids, etc.

Oreo's are not a 'drug' though. If I replaced 'Test' with Heroin, would that sentence make any less sense? Other than maybe the cycling part (as I don't think that there are 'rec.' heroin users)

Like I said, devil's advocate here, as its not up to anyone else what I put in my body, esp. if I am causing no harm to anyone else.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
well heroin is chemically addicting. steroids aren't.

I brought up food because I think you were indicating a psychological addiction to steroids, but anything can be psychologically addicting, which is why i brought up oreos.

speaking of addictions, does World of Warcraft fit in, i've lost friends to that
edit: maybe WoW should be illegal ;p

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
well heroin is chemically addicting. steroids aren't.

I brought up food because I think you were indicating a psychological addiction to steroids, but anything can be psychologically addicting, which is why i brought up oreos.

speaking of addictions, does World of Warcraft fit in, i've lost friends to that

WoW is DEFINITELY addictive. I'm surprised there aren't more 12-step groups to 'fix' the gamers.

True, it is not chemically addictive, but feeling like a god for 12-20 weeks, then coming off is psychologically depressive. I think there are other reasons why guys blast and cruise and just never come off. Sure they are getting older, T levels are down, etc. but to the normal public, that would look like an addict.

Maybe some people get that from Oreos or Doritos. I dunno. If they give me the rush and confidence that T does, then I'm headed to 7-11 for a quick fix.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
WoW is DEFINITELY addictive. I'm surprised there aren't more 12-step groups to 'fix' the gamers.

True, it is not chemically addictive, but feeling like a god for 12-20 weeks, then coming off is psychologically depressive.
lol,
there are rehabs for gamers now, and I find it absolutely ridiculous. I played wow for 8hrs a day for months and spend more time gaming than I do in the gym, and I have no problem whatsoever putting the controller down or clicking 'turn off computer' from my start menu when I need to. Today's my first day of PCT from my very first test cycle, and yes I'm sad to have to stop juicing, but common sense says if you're not a pro there's no need to hurt yourself. I sure as hell never looked forward to any of the 20 shots I had to give myself either. I certainly wouldn't be caught dead shooting myself up with water or drinking alcohol the way junkies do just for the sake of shooting up when they have no junk on hand. (I know what I'm talking about because I've seen it first hand several times in case anyone wants to call bs on that). So from my personal experience so far no, I don't feel steroids are addictive as I've devoted more time to world of warcraft than I have to steroids, heh.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I think the verbage was very poor...not only does it create yet another stereotype that bodybuilders are drug addicts, but if you didnt really know anything about tren and read that, you would think "drug addicts" was referring to any ol' heroin user...

holy

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Fear buff heroin addicts and crack fiends. But yeah, anabolic steriods can be physically and psychologically addicting. That's the whole reason we emphasize PCT, to help aid your body in overcoming its dependency on a foreign substance. Of course, it's not the same type of dependence that we see with say... opiates, or benzo's, or meth... but it can be just as serious. Imagine guys who stay on 3, 4, 5 years at a time, then try to come off cold turkey. We all know the negative impact of depressed testosterone, but how about all the other chemicals and neurotransmitters that are also impacted.

Of course, the devil's advocate can say that the author was maybe singling out only those irresponsible steroid abusers. But I think it seems that he is trying to illicit a certain response from it's readers by not so subtly inserting his opinion on people who use steroids for aesthetic purposes. And if that type of opinion bothers you, you re going to have a rough ride trying to live this lifestyle.

gmblnmstr

Awards
I think the language is on par with most dependency articles...although adict is kind of the equivalent to junkie. Look at the criteria for a diagnosis for chemical dependence or even chemical abuse. But I agree with rabid on the inflamitory nature of the language

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Xodus stated "psychologically" addictive. There is s huge difference between physical and psychological addiction.

Look at this board and all the OTC and supplement use that goes on. There is no one here that does not use something (and some, everything) to give them a psychological edge. The inability to sustain a training program without the need for supplements is a psychological issue not a physical issue.

Most here didn't even workout until they decided to use OTC steroids...or as the kids still call them prohormones. Most here don't workout without them in some form or another.

JMHO with lots and lots of evidence from observations over about 6 years worth of time watching people young and old post on this boards

Also consider that when most steroid dealers are raided and busted there is a great majority of them that also use and deal illegal drugs. Pain killers, cocaine, amphetamines and MJ are frequently seized with seizures of illegal steroids.