homebrewing

F

frankdux

This will be my first time running these experiments, I'm going to be making a short estered mixture (which is usually found at 100mg/ml) and capsules. I have a lot of (stupid) questions and I'm making more of it than I need to but I would prefer to ask and understand as much as possible going in rather than make a mistake and ruin my gear or worse.

recipe:
Starting off with 50ml, the mixture I want is something like: 50/50 ethyl oleate/USP oil with 125 or preferably 150 mg/ml of substance. I was thinking 2% BA and 10-12% BB, does this sound like the best possible combo for painless, sterile, and no suspension crashing?

oil:
Cottonseed oil is available, but it seems like some people say its advantageous to get grapeseed, any opinions on this?

storage/expiration:
Some people have said ethyl oleate should be stored in amber vials because it is light sensitive. How will you know if your suspension has crashed or gone bad if its in an amber vial? What kind of expiration date might one expect, is it the oil that degrades over time, the ethyl oleate, or the substance being suspended? Whats the best method for storing powder for maximum life (possibly sealed in the freezer?).

procedure:
sterilize area with alcohol pads
place powder, ba, bb, oil in flask

What kind of flask do most people use for brewing/mixing, an Erlenmeyer or just a simple 250ml glass beaker? Do you have to heat the flask to sterilize before brewing?

Is heating the mixture necessary or is stirring with a glass stirrer till powder is gone then filtering through a .45 micron whatman enough?

Is it best to filter the whole solution into 1 large 50 or 100ml sealed sterile vial, and let it sit to make sure it doesn't crash, then break it up into smaller 20ml vials with a 20ml syringe?

Anyways, thats all I have right now :goodpost:

keyrock24

keyrock24

Awards
It would help if you would sate what you are trying to make .Test prop and TNE in water or oil require different methods .To answer a couple of your questions most people use 2% BA and 20% BB .Personally I use 5% BA and 20%BB .Yes you will need to heat your mixture to be able to fully dissolve it .Guaicol is pretty much mandatory whether you are making oil based TNE or water based at anything over 50mg per ml ..Tell me what you are trying to make and I will give you a recipe for it .I heat my gear in a small pan of water on the stove top at low heat at level 3 in about an inch of water .It usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes to fully dissolve depending on what type of powder I am using .Test base usually takes a little longer than test prop or tren a .I usually heat my gear a little longer than is necessary since some people recommend to heat for at least 30 minutes .Most of the time I will heat it just enough to make sure it all is fully dissolved and maybe about 5 minutes longer just to make sure .I use a glass rod for stirring and pyrex beaker to cook the gear in .For instance I make all my brews at 20ml and use a 50ml beaker to cook it in .I always use clear vials .I store my vials in a cabinet out of the light .If you notice most all gear comes in clear vials .

F

frankdux

Do you have any experience with ethyl oleate?

I've not heard mention of Guaiacol before, what is this for or is it another term for BA or BB?

Test prop.

keyrock24

keyrock24

Awards
Yes .I have quite a bit of experience with ethyl oleate .

Guaicol is commonly called super solvent .

keyrock24

keyrock24

Awards
No ,I still use BB .I use guaicol to help dissolve my test base and to help it stay in solution .Test base can not be made any stronger than 50mg per ml without it .Guaicol also helps when making high concentration homebrews for other powders .

Here is my recipe for 20 ml of test prop at 100mg per ml .

2gram powder
13.5 ml EO
1ML BA
4ml BB

The ba and BB amounts are for 5% BA and 20%BB .Anything less makes it too painful to pin .At least with my own personal experience .

F

frankdux

No ,I still use BB .I use guaicol to help dissolve my test base and to help it stay in solution .Test base can not be made any stronger than 50mg per ml without it .Guaicol also helps when making high concentration homebrews for other powders .

Here is my recipe for 20 ml of test prop at 100mg per ml .

2gram powder
13.5 ml EO
1ML BA
4ml BB

The ba and BB amounts are for 5% BA and 20%BB .Anything less makes it too painful to pin .At least with my own personal experience .
I was of the understanding that higher lvls of BA and BB = more painful, and one should use the lowest lvls possible to achieve sterile oil that is fully dissolved. BA for sterility, BB for dissolving?

keyrock24

keyrock24

Awards
Yes you are correct but 20% BB is pretty much standard .most people recomend 2% BA but I have found that 5% BA works best for me when making Test base.Test Prop and Tren A .Trust me my friend it works the way I make it and is totally painless .I did a shot of 100 mg per ml of Test base this morning using those amounts .I will gladdly help you anyway I can .I can only comment with what I have actual experience with .If you want more info on homebrewing you might be better off joining one of the sites that have homebrewing sections .I could give you a link to one of my favorites but I am not sure if it is against the rules to post a link to another forum .

F

Fayde

Awards
I have used ethyl oleate and find a lot more painless high mg solutions possible. No more than 2-3% BA for sterilazation. BB is not necessary.