better absorbtion methods.

decypheredbeats

Awards
hey,
my friend and I were discussing what we can do to get the most absorbation from a PH transdermal. I like the idea posted by PC1 in another thread about using the homebrew solution without the Ph in it to spray the area where the Ph had been applied about 30 min later, or after it dries, Were definetely gonna try that...

I was thinking, Since you want to get rid of dead skin before you apply the PH, what if you scoured the area with lightly with very light grit sandpaper or a scouring pad, and then showered? surely this would remove as much dead skin as possible, excpecially for someone like me that already has pretty dry skin.

what do yall think?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sandpaper? :eek:

Ouch bigtime, brother.. Just buy a loofah of a shower poof, easier way to exfoliate.. Get a moisturizer showergel, you're all set.. That's all I did on my last transdermal cycle, besides I always exfoliate.. Good to keep the skin in good shape as well.. :)

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
Sandpaper? :eek:

Ouch bigtime, brother.. Just buy a loofah of a shower poof, easier way to exfoliate.. Get a moisturizer showergel, you're all set.. That's all I did on my last transdermal cycle, besides I always exfoliate.. Good to keep the skin in good shape as well.. :)
agreed

decypheredbeats

Awards
nah I mean likfe a real fine grit, enough to not even feel it, but just let it do its work.

yup I already use a loofah, hhmmm I wonder if I should use that bodywash that contains the grains in it? you know what im talking about?

peace :D

smike319

Awards
hey,
my friend and I were discussing what we can do to get the most absorbation from a PH transdermal. I like the idea posted by PC1 in another thread about using the homebrew solution without the Ph in it to spray the area where the Ph had been applied about 30 min later, or after it dries, Were definetely gonna try that...

I was thinking, Since you want to get rid of dead skin before you apply the PH, what if you scoured the area with lightly with very light grit sandpaper or a scouring pad, and then showered? surely this would remove as much dead skin as possible, excpecially for someone like me that already has pretty dry skin.

what do yall think?
I think that sounds very painful............and stupid.
Try simply using a loofa sponge when your showering (use real warm water to rinse to open the pores), that's what it's made to do. If your married your wife will probably have one laying around, or you can pick them up practically anywhere.
As for increasing absorbtion, I use saran wrap. Simply tear off a piece of saran wrap big enough to wrap around the application area. Obviously you won't be able to use it on every application area, example:traps, delts, etc. I only use it on my evening app. since it's more convenient to deal with at home.
Good luck fellas, and for god sakes be careful!

P.S.
Also recommend using a latex glove to apply the lotion.
Stings like a bitch if you get that stuff anywhere near your eyes.......Hmmmm maybe that's a precurser to better absorbtion?
:)

decypheredbeats

Awards
hhmm the saran wrap method sounds interesting, ive heard that before, but Ive always wonder why this works, I know It wouldnt allow the PH to escape, but wouldnt it not allow the pores to breathe also?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by decypheredbeats
nah I mean likfe a real fine grit, enough to not even feel it, but just let it do its work.

yup I already use a loofah, hhmmm I wonder if I should use that bodywash that contains the grains in it? you know what im talking about?

peace :D
Yes, a shower gel with the grains in it should do fine.. It's made for exfoliating...

smike319

Awards
hhmm the saran wrap method sounds interesting, ive heard that before, but Ive always wonder why this works, I know It wouldnt allow the PH to escape, but wouldnt it not allow the pores to breathe also?
Good point. I'm no dermatologist though. I was just going off of the recommendation I got from the rep. I talked to at Power Nutrition where I got the suff.
Let me know if you get an answer on this one

destro19

destro19

Awards
hey,

what do yall think?
Sandpaper is so outdated. All the BIG guys like pete use a knife and pour it into the cut. It's messy yes, but the absorbtion is nearly 100% and the pump is phenominal.

No seriously I use one of those scrub pads form bed bath and beyond on application areas during a shower. I apply right after I dry off.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
decypheredbeats,

If I remember correctly, on the original formula (DMSO version) people theorized that lightly heating the transdermal with a bottle warmer or warm water increased the absorption as well. Not sure about the new DMFA version, but thought I'd throw it out there for food for thought.

~Todd

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
If you don't mind applying another dermal a second time i'd give it a shot, but if you haven't used ph's before you won't be able to tell whether you're getting more absorbed or not...

I use that appricot scrub a couple times a week aswell and use clipper to thin the hair. Sometimes i heat the bottle but it's a pain in the ass sometimes to leave in hot water for 30min each time.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
The saran wrap keeps the application area hot. Once you wrap it that area will heat up. Dramatically and henc better absorption. If you want better absorption just do like me and bathe in it :) TTY

corteztk1982

Awards
they use a fine grit sandpaper to remove dead skin for heart electrodes at the hospital to promote better adhesion