Reasoning for using legal supps over illegal steroids

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I am curious as to what everyones thinking is. Superdrol to me seems worse than anything illegal out thier. I personally am not real OK with breaking the law so blatantly like i did when i was younger, more to lose as you get older. I am just curious as to what the reasoning is.

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Personally, I would much rather do a full cycle over a lot of what is available otc at the moment. But one of the big draws was the price. For the price of one normal cycle, you can pretty much buy 5 oral over the counter cycles. Which is why it blows my mind that some people spend upwards of 200 dollars for their orals and so many garbage supplements for PCT on on cycle support. Also, short cycles are nice. 3 to 4 weeks, you re in and you re out. Theoretically, you should be able to bring your natural test back in line much quicker than if you were shut down for 4 months. And also they are readily available. You pay less, get them much faster, and don't have to worry about customs intercepting them.

But I don't think its an either/or issue. I think having them available is simply another tool to give you a boost when gains begin to slow. You're not going to get the kind of physique altering results that you'd get from an injectable cycle, but they do offer a nice way to supplement your current program.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
. You're not going to get the kind of physique altering results that you'd get from an injectable cycle, but they do offer a nice way to supplement your current program.
This is actually preferable to me. I don't want to yo yo around, i want to keep my lifts moving when they slow. If supps can take a weight i normally hit for 3 and i can now hit it for 5 i am a pig in sh*t.

erokyrwrld

erokyrwrld

Awards
Two reasons:
1. Availability - not everyone has a source, and others just don't want to take the risk

2. Plausible deniability - if asked if you're natural, you can still say "yes" because you haven't used any illegal steroids

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
true AAS (injectables, dbol, drol etc) have years and years and years of research behind them where these OTC steroids dont.

injectables are much safer, but some dont have a source, some are affraid of needles, some dont have the money...theres tons of reasons

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
true AAS (injectables, dbol, drol etc) have years and years and years of research behind them where these OTC steroids dont.

injectables are much safer, but some dont have a source, some are affraid of needles, some dont have the money...theres tons of reasons

yes and no. Tren is a fan favorite, not much research going on their. Equipoise, once again, unless you are talking about research done on Mr. Ed, no go their as well. Most of the studies are done on short term steroid use, are basically that, looking at steroid use in a vacuum over a 10-12 week period. I do agree with you on the fact that alot of these supps are basically rolls of the dice. But i can't think of any real long term problems you are going to encounter by running a short cycles of prohormones a few times in your life. But i do agree their are alot of things you can go look up in pubmed regarding many of the drugs out their.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Personally I dont have a source, I hate needles, I don't have the money to gamble on getting fake gear, and I dont really need to take an injectable because I don't plan on competing with others who are in any sport. I also don't really see the point behind most orals as well just because I dont really trust buying serms and since I never have I really dont want to risk going to a site just to get ripped off. Personally I plan on only using mild compounds where you can get legal PCT's until I have a doctors prescription telling me otherwise.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
I don't think I'll ever do another OTC oral product. 4 weeks of lethargy, appetite loss, god knows what it is doing to my insides, so-so results vs. injecting test for 12-16 weeks and feeling like a god, excellent results, and still feeling like a god.

No brainer.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1- Availability - cant find a source and dont know how to look.
2-otc are more $$

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Do you have personal experience to support this statement?
Yeah. Kinda did a brief history on my first few posts to the board. But have done several cycles of test/omna at 500mg a week with dbol at the start. One cycle of deca/test. This was several years ago, and used clomid for PCT which caused me to break out really really bad, which is why I'll never use clomid over nolva or torem. But comparing results from my most recent M-drol cycle (4 weeks) to a cycle of test/dbol at 3 months is like apples and oranges. Right now, I'm up 12 pounds and would be really happy keeping about 7 or 8 of those. But on a solid cycle of test, I could shoot up to 20 to 25 pounds, and would be disappointed not to keep 15 pounds of that. A person's first cycle could even get you more than that, and those are the kind of results that really get noticed.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool.

Some find pulsing some of these very potent orals intermittently during a static test cycle to be a best of both worlds.

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Cool.

Some find pulsing some of these very potent orals intermittently during a static test cycle to be a best of both worlds.
Yeah, I'll definitely look into that. I'm planning for a test E cycle next spring. I would probably stick with something relatively mild. Maybe kick it off with dbol and then finish the cycle with an otc oral while the test is ramping down. Not really sure yet, but I do have a little stash going, so if I could find a way to use them with the test, I think you could tack on quite a few extra pounds through the cycle or at the end. My biggest worries would of course by the methyl strain, especially if I do end up using dbol at the start, and blood pressure.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My biggest worries would of course by the methyl strain, especially if I do end up using dbol at the start, and blood pressure.
Here is the beauty of pulsing with a static base:

Weeks - 14 weeks (Test/SD example only)

Week 1-2: Test
Week 3: Test/SD
Week 4-5: Test
Week 6: Test/SD
Week 7-8: Test
Week 9: Test/SD
Week 10-11: Test
Week 12: Test/SD
Week 13-14: Test

The idea being that you don't run the methyl too long yet over the cycle you manage to get 4 weeks worth of use spread out over 3 months or so. The can reduce lipid impact and liver toxicity to a great degree. That was just a rough outline. It can be staggered any way you like.

gmblnmstr

Awards
Legal = less results with more sides

legal somewhere= good results with less sides then most of this "legal" stuff