How are Designer Steroids not covered under this Law?

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
From back in the day, I remember that MDMA was an analog of other meth type drugs, and that shortly after it hit the mainstream in the 80's, it was made illegal and congress passed the Federal Analog Act:

Federal Analog Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which basically made any drug that is 'substantially' similar to an existing schedule I or II drug illegal to sell or possess. Now obviously, slapping a methyl group to an existing drug and then selling it, creates a drug that is substantially similar to it's already illegal counterpart, with similar results. And even by a conservative definition, there are measurable effects on a person's CNS. However, some interpretations have it that simply by having a chemical structure very similar to an already existing controlled substance, it has already met the criteria imposed by the law. So, how in the world, are companies able to sell methylated masteron to people in the United States?

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Creative chemical formula writing. ;)

Wanna see how many ways you can write superdrols formula?

erokyrwrld

erokyrwrld

Awards
Steroids are Schedule III drugs, not I or II.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
Creative chemical formula writing. ;)

Wanna see how many ways you can write superdrols formula?
you can do that with almost everything. i look at labels now and im like WTF? and research it and then go...OOHHH...sneaky sneaky.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DHEA has about 50 different ways of writing its name and they are all technically correct :frustrate

Some of the designers on the market are blatantly breaking the law (and others really are pure ingenuity/innovation). That's why you see some companies get in, make some money, and get out.

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Steroids are Schedule III drugs, not I or II.

Thanks, I see this now. I guess the solution then would be simply to amend the existing analog legislation. Designer steroids have been around for a while though, and after the PH ban in recent years, not sure why they wouldn't have filled the loophole up sooner.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I see this now. I guess the solution then would be simply to amend the existing analog legislation. Designer steroids have been around for a while though, and after the PH ban in recent years, not sure why they wouldn't have filled the loophole up sooner.
No need to go making any suggestions friend. :)

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
No need to go making any suggestions friend. :)
Hehe, I'm glad theres a nice selection of easy to get orals on the market right now too. But that means there's a lot more people misusing and abusing them, which brings a lot more negative attention to all of us.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe they tried to do so by using ambiguous grammar that was to be all inclusive. Apparently it was too ambiguous and hasn't seemed to work out quite the way it was intended.