Sage, What's Your Status (Hair Issue?)?

gettin'old

Awards
Sage, I saw you posted noticing some hair loss. What's the status on that? Did it get worse? If you had loss: 1) Are you genetically predisposed; 2) what PHs did you use; and 3) how bad was the loss?

I'm asking b/c I'm getting ready to go to PHs but am really paranoid about the hair loss issue.

thx.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Sage, I saw you posted noticing some hair loss. What's the status on that? Did it get worse? If you had loss: 1) Are you genetically predisposed; 2) what PHs did you use; and 3) how bad was the loss?

I'm asking b/c I'm getting ready to go to PHs but am really paranoid about the hair loss issue.

thx.
arent we all...arent we all. Im a youngin' at 22 and im letting you know, my hair is important in many ways (i have great set of dreads man!! :) ) so to say that i continued with the T-1 i was using (2:1 ratio of 4ad to 1-test) was a sign that the noticable change in the thickness of my hair,wasnt enough for me to stop or decide not to use in the future.
1) definetely not. no male gender (and female also..cant look over that) have had a problem with hair loss of any kind.
2) again, it was just the T-1. right now, im using a mix, equal amount of both 1-test/4ad. (nothing for dramatic as far as hairloss...and actually, i wouldnt say it was ever hairloss, but thinning)
3) the thinning of it was noticable about 2 weeks into it Anytime i styled it, just didnt look full as it usually was. To a point where i rocked hats ..not because i thought people would see a difference but a subconscious thing.

I would say, if you a prone to hairloss, than maybe for your first cycle, try more 4ad or nordiol or boldione. Minimal side affects and affective. (esp. when androgenic effects are a concern) if you have any other questions...ask away, im sure myself or others can answer it)

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
any suggestions on topical hair loss stuff that you don't have to keep using forever?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i personally dont know too much about topical hair loss treating methods but this site lists many options you have. (now whether if they're for long term use or a short one, im not too sure) all i know is that flutamide has gotten some feedback over finasteride and is much more potent. Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

http://www.hairsite.com/topical/t-alpha.htm

:confused:

gettin'old

Awards
Thanks much Sage :cool: Good info. I am 33 and also have a great set of hair (very lucky in that department and, like you, don't want to lose it). I'm going to be going with the Noraderm and a little 4Aderm for my first PH use. I'm ordering today since the products are being pulled shortly. Hopefully, they will re-appear under different labels or some such thing.

Have you done many cycles? Do they continue to work time and time again?

Take er easy.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
i think you made a solid choice my friend. in actuallity, im a rookie here myself to ph's. this only my second run with any sort of ph, but before i decided to use ph, i studied, read, and dissected a lot of info surrounding its use, benefits, setbacks, etc. However, even being new to this game, ive already benefited from the use. My raw gains from the first were up from 160 to 170 lbs, with minimal strength gains in my push exercises, but noticable gains in my pull exercises...noticable gains visually too) now rounding out my 2nd cycle of pretty much the same stuff (T-1, but this time, equal amounts of 1-test/4ad), ive not only increased my weight from 167-174, three weeks into it, but the strengh gains have shown, along with weight change) Im a easy gainer and also can lose weight pretty easily (example: 2 years ago, i was a sick 126 at 5'9....2 years before that, i was around 155 at 5'8-9).
As far as noraderm like products, im thinkign bdc will come through with similar products if not already in the works....good luck man...looking forward to hearing back some positive results.

Dio

Awards
any suggestions on topical hair loss stuff that you don't have to keep using forever?
There's no such thing, unles you're referring to something for use on cycle. In that case topical spironolactone fits the bill.

Using flutamide is a very good way to get gyno.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I heard you're the hair loss expert Dio. So whats the story on spironolactone? Is it prescription, do you make your own shampoo, can you buy it OTC - or maybe you have a link to share?
:)

Sorry bout all the questions at once!

gettin'old

Awards
Sage, how long did you go in between cycles? Also, it looks like you kept about 7 pounds after the first cycle was over. Is that right? Were they quality pounds. It would seem to me that if a person put on nearly 7 pounds of mucle their strength would go up.

What doses were you using? Did you get any sides besides the hair issue we discussed?

thx.

Dio

Awards
I heard you're the hair loss expert Dio. So whats the story on spironolactone? Is it prescription, do you make your own shampoo, can you buy it OTC - or maybe you have a link to share?
:)

Sorry bout all the questions at once!
Spironolactone is a prescription drug. You DO NOT want to take it orally.

You can buy a premade cream from minoxidil.com. This is what I do. You will need a prescription though. Dr Lee, the owner of the site, used to do online evaluations which would allow him to prescribe it for you. I don't think they do this anymore, but I've heard rumors to the contrary.

You should be able to get some if you get a diagnosis from your doctor that says you're losing your hair. Most doctors will not think twice about doing this for you since there's little liability involved. People outside the US will not need a prescription.

You can also buy spiro from an online pharmacy and make your own topical. I have personally never done this, but I know a few people who have. You could dissolve the tablets in alcohol or buy a delivery vehicle like dermovan.

As far as shampoos go you could also look into getting nizoral 2% which has been shown to prevent hair loss. It can be bought online, from Dr. Lee or at your pharmacy if you have a prescription.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Sage, how long did you go in between cycles? Also, it looks like you kept about 7 pounds after the first cycle was over. Is that right? Were they quality pounds. It would seem to me that if a person put on nearly 7 pounds of mucle their strength would go up.

What doses were you using? Did you get any sides besides the hair issue we discussed?

thx.
GnO...i went 4 weeks with the T-1 first time through with a slightly less time off at 3 weeks (saw my gains decrease in weight and the strength i did end up obtaingin) My post cycle regime wasnt too solid (only ended up using zma and flax, not flax a year long supplementation for me) Like i mentioned, the current cylce of 1-test/4ad is my second one and just hit the 3rd week and to make a slight correction in what i posted earlier, i indeed made gains with the weigths i was using first run through but compared to my current use, it is much smaller. As far as the quality of the weight i gained, i must say it was solid. I did not measure bf% but my waist only increased slighty from 30.5 to 31 (now just above that) while most noticably the traps/upper chest area increased in size, which definetely is to my liking. My diet was clean (majority of my cal. intake coming from oatmeal, brown rice, chicken breast, dairy, pb, nuts, bananas, and protein powder)
As far as doses, i used moderate dosage throughout the first cycle, after my morning workout and prior to bed and this current use, i have and plan to finish my dosage using a bell-shape dosing (moderate -mod/high-high-mod/high-moderate) And thankfully, no extreme level of sides...somehting i wasnt expecting anyways even though this was my first ph use. I suppose b/c i wasnt using too heavy of a dose the first time through, i figured the sides wouldnt hinder my lifestyle. Lethargy was a small issue but im lazy during school anyways. sexdrive/any shrinkage of the jewels wasnt noticable like the thinning of hair was. So overall, i would say i was extremely happy with this side of ph use. I have nothing bad to say about the current use expect i have had severe (i mean harsh) rashes on the side of my upper arms and inner forearms. To a point where people who dont know, ask if im injecting anything....:rolleyes: just that, when i start itching, i have a habit of stratching away until the itch goes away....never does. :p But hey, ill take the redness and little bumps, if it means my overall physique looks more sound and lifting becomes even more of a hobby. Sage

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Iknow this is a little off topic but its an interesting tidbit of info on how much muscle you can expect maximum from a REALLY good cycle.

In my opinion after finishing my 2nd 5th wek cycle of 1-test and 4-AD at HIGH dosaes a couple weeks ago i would estimate that 1-test won't put on more then 8 or 9 lbs of true muscle in a 4 week span. The rest is fat and water. I gained 15 lbs of lbm during the cycle and i thought only 4 lbs of it was water but my waist has gone up a little and my weight has dropped a lot. Some of the loss is due to me being on a estrogen blocker right now which is drying me up and keeping me from putting on much if any fat post cycle. I would say though out of the 15+ lbs of lbm i gained only 10 lbs ABOUT are really true unadulterated muscle. The rest was mostly intracellularand interorgan fat and water bloat.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Spironolactone is a prescription drug. You DO NOT want to take it orally.

You can buy a premade cream from minoxidil.com. This is what I do. You will need a prescription though. Dr Lee, the owner of the site, used to do online evaluations which would allow him to prescribe it for you. I don't think they do this anymore, but I've heard rumors to the
contrary.
do you get the 2% or the 5%?
what about the one with Xandrox and minoxidil?

Dio

Awards

do you get the 2% or the 5%?
what about the one with Xandrox and minoxidil?
I get the 5% since it's stronger and I hear that the 2% smells funky.

I use it with the day and night versions of xandrox.

gettin'old

Awards
pjorstad, what estrogen blocker are you using? Did you use it during the cycle or only start afterwards? Thanks.

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ive only used 6-OXO and done 3 cycles but ive tried all kinds of combination, having it during cycle, not having it postcycle, having it postcycle, and i would say run it 3 weeks at least postcycle it realy helps with recovery. If you do it less then 3 weeks you might experience a notiecable rebound. I mean my bulls were pretty bad shape and i did HIGH dosaes for 2 weeks but when i got off it seems for like another 2 weeks before i started next cycle my balls didn't get much better and almost went backwards i think due to a possible rebound. If i were you i would hit high dosages in the beginning and then decrease dosage week by week. 6 pills a day for week 1 and week 2 4 pills a day and week 3 2 pills a day would be ok after your first 4 week cycle. If your doing more then one in a row close together then after your 2nd cycle you might want to use higher dosages then outlined in week 2 and week 3. Anyways youll larn your body thats just a guideline and someting even patrick arnold recommeneded as a possible dosage regimen.

gettin'old

Awards
Thanks. I might be a bit confused on this. Is 6oxo for bringing natural testosterone back or is it an estrogen blocker, or both ?? (or is this the same thing, I'm confused??)?

Sean

Awards
It's a suicide aromatase inhibitor. Pretty much prevents your body from producing much estrogen at all through aromatase AND brings up test production.