Halodrol questions on actual compound.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I have read some conflicting things, is halodrol actually active without a conversion or does it need to be converted.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
I have read some conflicting things, is halodrol actually active without a conversion or does it need to be converted.

its not active. Needs to be converted

Halodrol:

4-chloro-17a-methyl-1,4-androstadiene-3,17b-diol

notice it's a diol, so to convert to its target hormone, the 3-ol needs to become 3-one (via 3b-HSD).

so the target hormone would look like this:

4-chloro-17a-methyl-1,4-androstadiene-3-one-17b-ol

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I assumed 3,17 had their own activity?

Yes, to some extent. Halodrol, being a 3,17-diol, will bind to the androgen receptor before it converts to OT. Therefore it's a little more androgenic & a little less anabolic than OT. This holds true for all the 3,17 diones & diols. 4-AD for example as well, binds to the AR before converting to test, so it's slightly more androgenic than test.

So basically 3,17 diones/diols are active VERY LITTLE before they convert. This changes their profile a little from their parent.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Yes, to some extent. Halodrol, being a 3,17-diol, will bind to the androgen receptor before it converts to OT. Therefore it's a little more androgenic & a little less anabolic than OT. This holds true for all the 3,17 diones & diols. 4-AD for example as well, binds to the AR before converting to test, so it's slightly more androgenic than test.

So basically 3,17 diones/diols are active VERY LITTLE before they convert. This changes their profile a little from their parent.

Thanks for the explanation. Now do they all convert at the same %.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the explanation. Now do they all convert at the same %.
MOSTLY, but there may be very slight flucuation based on the compound. As a general guidline, dione versions use the 17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme whereas diols use the 3-beta enzyme.

This is why conversion rates vary. Typically 15.76% for diols and 5.61% for diones. But as I said above the 3,17(s) have some activity pre conversion. Dienolone, even though it's a dione, seems to have very strong binding affinity for the androgen receptor. RBA of 134 vs Test which has a RBA of 100.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
Ziquor, thanks for the precise explanations. As for the hormone chart, that was the first thing i read when i came to this site. But like i said in my original posts, i have been seeing some conflicting info.