Day 10 M-drol - no change in weight or strength yet?

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Hey guys,

So I'm into day 10 of taking M-drol, right now at 20 mg's a day. And so far, no noticable gains as far as strength or size is concerned. The scale moved up slightly during the first week, but as of today, its roughly where it was when I started. I've worked each bodypart twice since Day 1, upped my calories to about 300 to 500 above maintenance and of course am getting plenty of sleep. I'm not sure if I'm being impatient or if I should be adjusting any part of my routine at this point. I've heard that M-drol takes a bit to take effect, but its a bit frustrating, and I feel like I may not reach my goal if nothing has changed.

This is my first cycle in a very long time, and first oral cycle with the new generation of legal steroids. Before this, I've cycled sus/omna, dbol, and deca, so I'm not sure if using these as a frame of reference will leave me disappointed. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I also have an outdoor construction job, that leaves me sweating in 95 degree heat 8 hours a day. Of course, I drink plenty of water (about a gallon and a half or 8 water bottles) just at work alone. I'm not sure if this would have any effect on my gains.

maxjivi05

Awards
I have no clue, I know when I took M-Drol for 3 weeks I was up in strength by like 30% and after pct I kept most of my gains but not all.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Well, 10-12 days is where most people start really feeling it. Can you list any and all supporting supplements you're taking with it and also post a sample of your diet? To really take advantage of M-Drol your diet may need adjustments. In leiu of a diet sample can you at least provide your macronutrient breakdown?

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Well, 10-12 days is where most people start really feeling it. Can you list any and all supporting supplements you're taking with it and also post a sample of your diet? To really take advantage of M-Drol your diet may need adjustments. In leiu of a diet sample can you at least provide your macronutrient breakdown?
Sure things. On cycle support is nothing crazy: hawthorn berry, milk thistle, and fish oil capsules. My biggest concern has always been blood pressure, but that hasn't really gone up much. My diet is around 3000 calories daily, something like this:

Morning:

Protein Shake in milk (45g protein)
Fruit Yogurt
2 Eggs
Toast/pastry/McDonalds Mcgriddle

Afternoon: (at work)

Tuna Sandwich (1.5 cans)
Protein/MRP Bar
Apple Pie/Snack
Gatorade
Protein Shake in milk after work

Evening:

2 Servings of Dinner about 2 hours apart
3 Hardboiled Eggs
Glass of Milk
Some kind of desert (lately its been a small serving of cheesecake or a danish)

The macro breakdown is probably if I had to guess around 50p/30c/20f. I try to keep protein intake up, and usually carbs and fat fill in the gaps. Pretty much the same diet I've used earlier this year while naturally bulking for 10 weeks, during that time I gained about 6 pounds, which half or better was fat. I stopped cutting about 2 weeks ago, and went straight into this bulk cycle. I do a modified 4 day split for training, with 3 rest days, 2 of them consecutive. During cutting I was doing 3x8 - 3x10, once I started bulking I moved back into higher pounds, lower reps (4x6 and 5x5's).

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would up the cals more than 3000 of course keeping them clean. I also believe the gains may be starting to come anytime now. Are you taking the m-drol with a meal that has some fat in it?

DrakeC

DrakeC

Awards
Your diet needs alot of work bud. The only carb sources i see are simple sugars. Where are your potatoes, oatmeal, rice, etc, etc? I also dont see how that adds up to 3000 calories but maybe im not reading it right. I think you would want 5-6 meals, add in alot more complex carbs and ditch the cheese cakes, apple pies and pastries.

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
Your diet needs alot of work bud. The only carb sources i see are simple sugars. Where are your potatoes, oatmeal, rice, etc, etc? I also dont see how that adds up to 3000 calories but maybe im not reading it right. I think you would want 5-6 meals, add in alot more complex carbs and ditch the cheese cakes, apple pies and pastries.
Since I'm asian, rice is almost always for dinner lol (and always in the rice cooker). But I see what you re saying. I've always been hesitant when it comes to complex carbs. I'll be the first to admit it, but I've always put protein as a big priority and allowed carbs and fats to kind of fall where they may. I guess I always assumed that with sandwich bread, rice, MRP bars and the occasional potato or fries with dinner that I should have enough there. And coming off cutting, I'm probably still in a fat reduction mindset. Would you suggest just adding more complex carbs into my existing diet, or replacing some of the protein I eat with more carbs?

And the diet is not breakfast, lunch, and dinner, its roughly the part of the day I eat. I eat roughly 6 times a day (3 hours apart), and sometimes I make a tuna or peant butter sandwich to eat at 3 am when I wake up in the middle of the night.

DrakeC

DrakeC

Awards
Since I'm asian, rice is almost always for dinner lol (and always in the rice cooker). But I see what you re saying. I've always been hesitant when it comes to complex carbs. I'll be the first to admit it, but I've always put protein as a big priority and allowed carbs and fats to kind of fall where they may. I guess I always assumed that with sandwich bread, rice, MRP bars and the occasional potato or fries with dinner that I should have enough there. And coming off cutting, I'm probably still in a fat reduction mindset. Would you suggest just adding more complex carbs into my existing diet, or replacing some of the protein I eat with more carbs?

And the diet is not breakfast, lunch, and dinner, its roughly the part of the day I eat. I eat roughly 6 times a day (3 hours apart), and sometimes I make a tuna or peant butter sandwich to eat at 3 am when I wake up in the middle of the night.
Its hard to say as i only know what works for me. If i was to eat your diet i would just gain fat and be tired all the time. I do much better eating complex carbs (eating a bowl of sweet potatoes as i type this :) ). But if you're not gaining on SD then you need to change something and thats either add more calories or change the foods you're eating. If you're trying to gain muscle and minimize the fat then the first thing i would change is drop the pastry/apple pie and add in some oatmeal.

You need to figure out what works for you, maybe you can gain muscle on low carb high protein diets, but i cant.

tnick7

tnick7

Awards
  • Established
I would say your diet could have a lot to do with it. Firstly SD seems to love carbs, so increase your carbs, especially complex carbs. These seem to be the key to SD. Also you want 5-8 meals a day, eating every 2-3 hours. I would change the macros to 40p/40c/20f at least for SD. Make sure you really focus on the carbs and the sources of carbs.

Also IMO drop the milk thistle and get some SAMe and NAC. They will protect the liver better and their are a few studies that show milk thistle could inhibit gains.

Try these changes and give it a few more days

:dance:

Rabidpanda25

Rabidpanda25

Awards
I would say your diet could have a lot to do with it. Firstly SD seems to love carbs, so increase your carbs, especially complex carbs. These seem to be the key to SD. Also you want 5-8 meals a day, eating every 2-3 hours. I would change the macros to 40p/40c/20f at least for SD. Make sure you really focus on the carbs and the sources of carbs.

Also IMO drop the milk thistle and get some SAMe and NAC. They will protect the liver better and their are a few studies that show milk thistle could inhibit gains.

Try these changes and give it a few more days

:dance:
Thanks for all the advice guys, its greatly appreciated. I certainly will up the complex carbs, lower the protein slightly just to make room. I will probably also increase my calorie intake overall as well. I'll let you know how the next week goes.