Just had gyno cut out, what's the chance they come back?

JockoJohnson

Awards
All the dense, glandular tissue was removed by plastic surgery. Surgeon did a great job. Anyway, if I use something like Phera-Vol or any other type of OTC "steroids", are my chances the same at getting gyno, or now that the tissue is removed, do I have less of a chance. If I do another 8 week cycle, I will use an anti-estrogen product to cut down my chances. Any info appreciated.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
No it should not come back at all if the gland has been extracted completely (cut out). There is no gland to form at this point.

crazilyfter42

Awards
I think this would be a good question to ask your doctor.

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
What caused your original gyno? Androgen use? Was it prepubertal? We need more info!

dkkon1

dkkon1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is no way of knowing for certain that all of the gland was in fact removed, doctors just like everyone else, aren't perfect. Just be responsible, run an AI as you mentioned.

bman

Awards
Who did your work? How much? I am sure some of us would like to have the surgery as well

JockoJohnson

Awards
What caused your original gyno? Androgen use? Was it prepubertal? We need more info!
I had gyno briefly during puberty, but it went away on its own, then redeveloped gyno after a few injectable cycles I did a few years back of testosterone cypionate. I was taking 800mgs a week at one point, that's when I really started to notice it. I cut way back, but it eventually firmed up. I tried taking arimidex, but it was too late, the tissue was already dense. It got a bit worse as time went on from some OTC stuff I took like Max LMG.

The surgery cost me $4800 for both sides, that included anesthesia, and any other follow up or touch up work that needed to be done. So far it looks great, very little swelling, and my chest is contoured perfectly. I guess it went pretty deep, and the surgeon said he removed tissue approximately the size of an egg on the right, and about 1/3 of that on the left. It went deep and also extended back toward my armpit. I do notice some lost sensation in my nipple area. I had two drains put in for about 5 days, which have since been removed. I had a straight excision since I don't have much body fat, but sometimes the doctor will use lipo if there is fatty tissue in the area surrounding the dense glandular tissue. If you want to know who did my surgery, send me a private message, if that is possible in this forum. Thanks for all the replies thus far.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Do you think we could see before/after pics ? I always like to contrast and compare.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I would take extra precautions if you do choose to cycle again because the gland may actually have not been removed. Honestly though unless I was a career bodybuilder I don't know if I would risk cycling again after paying 4800 to remove gyno. Honestly if you are going to run something again I would try to find a cool doctor to explain the situation to and have him keep an eye on me throughout the cycle and post cycle . At the very least take a pic of yourself once or twice a week and compare them throughout the cycle to see if you catch any signs of gyno. Sometimes when you develop something it is hard to spot at first because it is so gradual on your body but a pic makes it easier to recognize differences.