A few questions about some OLD stuff (Ergomax, Pheraplax, FinigenX Magnum)

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
See the attachment. About a year ago, I gave a friend:

Two bottles of E...Max LMG (exp 06/2008)
One bottle of ErgoMax LMG (exp 12/2006)
Two bottles of Pheraplex (exp 10/2008)
One bottle of FinigenX Magnum (exp 07/2007)

Should he just throw out the bottle of Ergomax LMG? How about the FinigenX Magnum?

Since the E...Max LMG and Pheraplex aren't expired yet - what do you think of a "pulse" for them? The thing is - he changed his mind about using steroids as he really doesn't need them. But, he's thinking about giving them a try - VERY lightly - just to see what they do..

Basically, he doesn't want to throw them out - so he's willing to experiment with the least amount of side effects. I told him about pulsing but I've never done it myself. Are there any logs of pulses of Ergomax or Pheraplex? If so, would you mind pointing me to them?

Thanks in advance...

edit: I forgot.. There's also a box of original Halodrol that expired 10/2007.. Same questions apply.

Attachments

LatsRus

LatsRus

Awards
its good for quite a while past experation, at least a few years, some ppl have said its good 10 years past as long as its kept in a cool dry place.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The expiration dates on bottles are very modest and misleading. You should easily be able to get another 3-5 years out of them while maintaining much of their original potency.

Keep them in a cool, dry place and you should be golden. Vaccum sealing and freezing them will extend the life for many, many years.

I still have like 5 of the original Halodrol sitting vaccum sealed in my freezer myself. :D

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I still have like 5 of the original Halodrol sitting vaccum sealed in my freezer myself. :D
I want some!!!!

I have some ErgoMax that with an expiration date of 08/08, its opened but been in a cool dry place. So I shouldn't see to much if any lose within the next year?

What about ATD? Same with them? I have 2 bottles of Inhibit-E that expired this past Jan.

BMW

Awards
  • Established
man i remember my old bottle of the original superdrol, not the AX stuff but the real designer supplement version. that was some of the best stuff ever.

ThisGuy2

ThisGuy2

Awards
  • Established
none of those are ANY good at all at this point. PM me and I'll give you my address. You can send them over and I'll dispose of them for you. :ntome:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The expiration dates on bottles are very modest and misleading. You should easily be able to get another 3-5 years out of them while maintaining much of their original potency.

Keep them in a cool, dry place and you should be golden. Vaccum sealing and freezing them will extend the life for many, many years.

Just remember that the humidity and temperature changes which occur form defrosting can denature the powder. If freezing is the choice, make sure to keep the pills frozen when deciding to utilize!

(i.e., keep the open container in the freezer, eating the pills frozen)

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just remember that the humidity and temperature changes which occur form defrosting can denature the powder. If freezing is the choice, make sure to keep the pills frozen when deciding to utilize!

That's good to know...never heard that before.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's good to know...never heard that before.
It falls in line with the logic of storing it in a cool dry place: if you have frozen your pills, and remove them from the freezer, you are taking them from cool and dry, to warm and wet (relatively). This will not instantly degrade the powder, but it could significantly expedite the denaturing process, especially for an older bottle.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It falls in line with the logic of storing it in a cool dry place: if you have frozen your pills, and remove them from the freezer, you are taking them from cool and dry, to warm and wet (relatively). This will not instantly degrade the powder, but it could significantly expedite the denaturing process, especially for an older bottle.
So the question is that if you vacuum sealed them first, then froze them, and on removing them let them regain room temp over say a 24 hour period before unsealing, would it be as bad? mind you, I haven't done that, I figure room temp is good enough for most of these :)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So the question is that if you vacuum sealed them first, then froze them, and on removing them let them regain room temp over say a 24 hour period before unsealing, would it be as bad? mind you, I haven't done that, I figure room temp is good enough for most of these :)
Possibly not as bad, though the humidity change and condensation, IMO, are the biggest concern. This all may be splitting hairs as well, and for new packages, maybe a non-concern. However, for older packages the temperature/humidity change could greatly expedite the denaturing process - think of taking a cryogenically frozen corpse out into room temperature.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally, I would just avoid freezing and keep in a paper bag - that will combat a lot of the humidity.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since the E...Max LMG and Pheraplex aren't expired yet - what do you think of a "pulse" for them? The thing is - he changed his mind about using steroids as he really doesn't need them. But, he's thinking about giving them a try - VERY lightly - just to see what they do..

Basically, he doesn't want to throw them out - so he's willing to experiment with the least amount of side effects. I told him about pulsing but I've never done it myself. Are there any logs of pulses of Ergomax or Pheraplex? If so, would you mind pointing me to them?

back to this part, basically none of those compounds are really good for pulsing, the ergomax lmg possibly being one of the worst choices for a pulse out of any compound given the potential prolactin sides and rapid shutdown. he'd be best off trading them for something better for pulsing if thats what he wants to do. epistane + superdrol seem to be the 2 most well suited to it. epistane as you can dose it fairly high and feel good with minimal suppression, superdrol because you don't have to dose very high to get good effectiveness.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

That's true, and a good point. Anything that has been frozen should continue to be so even when being used ot limit the possibility of precipitous degradation of the compound itself.

However, I think if someone is looking to save a given compound for any significant amount of time though, i would vaccum seal, and then freeze it.

I have a few things frozen, but i probably won't freeze the rest of what i have left. Keeping in a cool, climate controled environment should more than do the job.

I've read numerous studies on the degradation of pharmacological compounds, and they all state in a similar context that an expiration date is VERY lenient at best.

rayman121

Awards
Guys, You know your subject very well, hence please can you advise me on my query. I have two bottle of Finigenx Magnum a PH that has expired over a year( 07/2007). I opened them seven months ago, however I did not take them as it was expired. I am now in a position to take them after reading your comments. I opened it and kept it in my garage and it was exposed to the general climatic conditions. My question is that Can I still take them and will it damage my liver or cause any harm to your body if consumed. Any help appreciated?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the harm to liver, etc will be no worse than before expiration. the only issue will be effectiveness. so the question is how much effectiveness it has lost in that time in the garage. so will you have to dose higher to reach the same results? maybe, maybe not. What state are you in? heat + humidity are the enemies here, so north dakota garage is quite different than miami garage.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey same here i live in WASHINGTON NW and i have a H50 i wanna use so same question can i? it expired 7months ago and i kept it in my room under a shelf for 7months so its away from sunlight. is it good? can i use it? i am using H-drol by cel and cant find anymore so i need to up the dosage and i might need to use the original can i still?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I would just avoid freezing and keep in a paper bag - that will combat a lot of the humidity.
word...........my supps get 75 degrees F, in my office. it gets 8 hours of light a day, at best. Zero direct sunlight.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey same here i live in WASHINGTON NW and i have a H50 i wanna use so same question can i? it expired 7months ago and i kept it in my room under a shelf for 7months so its away from sunlight. is it good? can i use it? i am using H-drol by cel and cant find anymore so i need to up the dosage and i might need to use the original can i still?
yeah, that should be fine

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's true, and a good point. Anything that has been frozen should continue to be so even when being used ot limit the possibility of precipitous degradation of the compound itself.

However, I think if someone is looking to save a given compound for any significant amount of time though, i would vaccum seal, and then freeze it.

I have a few things frozen, but i probably won't freeze the rest of what i have left. Keeping in a cool, climate controled environment should more than do the job.

I've read numerous studies on the degradation of pharmacological compounds, and they all state in a similar context that an expiration date is VERY lenient at best.
Definitely; consistent climatic environment(s) are key to avoid degradation. I have read several pharmacological assays in terms of degradation half-life, but most (if not all) were concerned with ideal conditions - that is, one may significantly expedite the denaturing process when shifting climatic conditions.

If vacuum sealed correctly, it is more or less a non issue; however, without vacuum sealing, inner precipitation (i.e., condensation within the bottle due to temperature change and water vapor freezing and melting) could significantly degrade the product if not sealed correctly.

Given the low possibility of degradation in a cool, climate controlled environment, I don't see a huge need for freezing. Really, in that respect, you run the risk of unnecessary damage should a blackout, or any situation which necessitates the removal of the product from the freezer occur.

To contextualize the discussion slightly here: I (in the past) had used powdered gear for a conversion, that was over 2.5 years old, and kept in a cool dry place; no issues whatsoever.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Definitely; consistent climatic environment(s) are key to avoid degradation. I have read several pharmacological assays in terms of degradation half-life, but most (if not all) were concerned with ideal conditions - that is, one may significantly expedite the denaturing process when shifting climatic conditions.

If vacuum sealed correctly, it is more or less a non issue; however, without vacuum sealing, inner precipitation (i.e., condensation within the bottle due to temperature change and water vapor freezing and melting) could significantly degrade the product if not sealed correctly.

Given the low possibility of degradation in a cool, climate controlled environment, I don't see a huge need for freezing. Really, in that respect, you run the risk of unnecessary damage should a blackout, or any situation which necessitates the removal of the product from the freezer occur.

To contextualize the discussion slightly here: I (in the past) had used powdered gear for a conversion, that was over 2.5 years old, and kept in a cool dry place; no issues whatsoever.

damn i feel like i am listening to my robotics professor again... I must praise you on your vocabulary sir....... Have you memorized the thesaurus and the dictionary sir?

Excellent grammar as well............

Props mullet. :):):)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
damn i feel like i am listening to my robotics professor again... I must praise you on your vocabulary sir....... Have you memorized the thesaurus and the dictionary sir?

Excellent grammar as well............

Props mullet. :):):)
Haha, I haven't memorized it yet. I was read to quite a bit as a child.

:toofunny:

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Trauma/Mullet: I have two bottles of original Ergopharm 4-AD that I've been keeping in my freezer since they expired last year; is there any benefit to vacuum sealing them at this point? I've just got my hands on a sealer and am going to vacuum seal a lot of my other supps that aren't yet expired/frozen but was just wondering about the supps I already have in my freezer. Thanks.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no, your best bet is to leave them frozen as is, and when you go to use them leave them in the freezer, and take the caps out individually as you go to use them, dont take the bottle out.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established

Interesting....I have an original bottle of Superdrol sitting around, but it's "expired"..guess it's really not!. Anyone wanna buy it?!! :lol::thumbsup:

-Papa!-

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting....I have an original bottle of Superdrol sitting around, but it's "expired"..guess it's really not!. Anyone wanna buy it?!! :lol::thumbsup:

-Papa!-
Are you in Canada by any chance?