I Have Hypoglycemia

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well i went to the doctor today and he's pretty sure I have reactive hypoglycemia. I have every symptom...now he is having me do blood tests to figure out whether it is reactive hypoglycemia or fasting hypoglycemia. I do not have diabetes. I wonder if this could have an advantage on bulking?

Anyone?

Its kinda like im always supplementing insulin...lol...not really

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Did you lose a bunch of weight or something?

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am starting to wonder if prohormones have a role in this. It says that having a defency in hormones can cause it, like having low testosterone from being shut down from a cycle. Or having too low of cortisol. I sware its the bodybuilders disease

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i wonder if my body is still producing for the levels of someone who is 20lbs heavier than I am...i was the exact same weight for an entire year...and then crashed on a cycle really bad...and lost 20lbs in 4 months post cycle

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Could be, if a lot of the weight was muscle mass your body is most likely over producing insulin upon eating because it was use to a certain amount. Also your hormonal levels being off whack will mess up your whole system so that is a possibility too. My word of advice is to keep some kind of quick carb with you incase you starting getting to low.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I went through the same thing, I lost some muscle really quick because I was sick, about 10-15 pounds in a month, and I was really bad with the reactive hypoglycemia. Cold, confused, lethargic, weak, etc.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What have you guys done? In order to help the case. Do you find any benefit with this in terms of gaining the weight back.

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established
I was told about 9 months ago that I was reactive hypoglycemic and that I will most likely become diabetic in my mid to late 20's due to a family history of diabetes. My nutritionist is not educated in bodybuilding, weightlifting, etc. When I asked about supplements and nutrition she said that she was uncertain about taking supplements, and suggested this small piece of information. When I start to crash/get tired, to take in "some" whey and/or carbs...go figure. So any knowledge on supplements and nutrition would be greatly appreciated by me aswell.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stressed liver can produce hypoglycemic symptoms. So, use of PH's and other stressful supps can induce it.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
I have had trouble with low blood sugar in the past and I notice that it is worse while ON cycle. I think that while on cycle it is a good idea to eat something every 2 hours, and watch high sugar intake. I think it has to do with the fact that while on cycle your body burns calories much faster, thus depleting your system quicker and leading to low blood sugar. So in the end eat more and more often, and watch high sugar content.

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established
Exactly, that seems to work the best so far. I try to keep sugar intake under 5g per 150 cal. Lean and low sugar snacks. I'm trying to find a very strict, lean, high protien diet in full detail w/ meal outlines and snacks for someone with hypoglycemia. Any input would be helpful.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Stressed liver can produce hypoglycemic symptoms. So, use of PH's and other stressful supps can induce it.
yes this is correct.
and hypoglycemia is common during pct when your hormones are out of whack.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't been "on" for about 8-10months and then i started having symptoms. I got a lipid panel checked and it was all perfect. So does this mean that there is no stress on my liver?