Te Cholesterol Results

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
Im at the end of a 3 month 300mg/wk TE cycle and I wanted to try my at home cholesterol test meter--so you get 3 different types of strips -total ch--hdl ch and tri--so the first test [TCH]=100 /HDL=25 and for TRI the damn chip is no good --so in trying to figure what my LDL might be,is it safe to say that theres no way that my LDL can be more than my Total CH ? I know theres a formula to fig LDL but I need TRI results for that.Im pretty sure theres no way LDL can = more than 100 and if true than all I have to work on is bringing up HDL

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
You are better off getting all three readings for your cholesterol.

Your overall total cholesterol: 100 is low which is good for a healthy male.

Your HDL: 25 is not the best. For a healthy male, you want to be around 40-50 if not higher.

Your LDL will probably also too be fairly low.

You should probably check your triglycerides as well.

Go to a doctor and get a full blood lipid panel, that way you can see all your markers and compare accurately.

It is nice to see that someone actually gives a damn about their lipid levels instead of the damn liver enzyme levels.

After all, cardiovascular disease is a strong contender for death.

Your lab results kinda remind me of Hank Vangut's. He has a low ass total cholesterol as well.

Get a doctor to percribe you Vytorin to get your HDL levels back up. You did an inject cycle anyway, so your liver should be able to handle those statins.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
thanks--I got full blood work[at a lab 5 months ago ] liver checked out OK- cholesterol was TCH/188 ,HDL/30,TRI/72,LDL/144 --so this time did better on LDL [FENUGREEK] but worse on HDL .Im thinking of using [no flush B3] I know it could be rough on the liver specialy if something like nolva being used

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
up your fiber intake. Also dose around 8-10 fish oil gels/ED.

Also up your cardio to 5 times a week.

LDL @ 144 is still kinda high. You want to try and drop that below 100, and pull HDL above 50 if possible. Your blood work isn't really that bad though compared to orals..

Using a strong statin should be a last ditch effort. I'd get your blood pulled again in 6-8 weeks to see where your lipids are (if you want).

It dosen't take much from orals to destroy your lipid panel.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im at the end of a 3 month 300mg/wk TE cycle and I wanted to try my at home cholesterol test meter--so you get 3 different types of strips -total ch--hdl ch and tri--so the first test [TCH]=100 /HDL=25 and for TRI the damn chip is no good --so in trying to figure what my LDL might be,is it safe to say that theres no way that my LDL can be more than my Total CH ? I know theres a formula to fig LDL but I need TRI results for that.Im pretty sure theres no way LDL can = more than 100 and if true than all I have to work on is bringing up HDL
There are three lipid components that make up your total cholesterol level. The cumulative total of these three lipoprotien levels comprise it:

-HDL(High Density Lipoprotein)-Good Cholesterol
-LDL(Low Density Lipoprotein)-Bad Cholesterol
-VLDL(Very Low Density Lipoprotein)-Very Bad Cholesterol

If you truly want an accurate reading get a fasting lipid panel drawn at a lab as you've done before.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
There are three lipid components that make up your total cholesterol level. The cumulative total of these three lipoprotien levels comprise it:

-HDL(High Density Lipoprotein)-Good Cholesterol
-LDL(Low Density Lipoprotein)-Bad Cholesterol
-VLDL(Very Low Density Lipoprotein)-Very Bad Cholesterol

If you truly want an accurate reading get a fasting lipid panel drawn at a lab as you've done before.
Thanks- will be going soon just wanted to be reasonaby sure that knowone has ever had a reading where there LDL = more than total cholesterol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks- will be going soon just wanted to be reasonaby sure that knowone has ever had a reading where there LDL = more than total cholesterol
No problem man. It's not possible to have an LDL higher than your total serum level, it's one of the components of it. :)