Blood WOrk back? HELP?

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have been taking prohormones on and off for years now. Been on proscar for years as well and quit everything about 4 months ago. I got gyno on left breast from trenadrol. Also, skin isnt as good and i am getting hot flashes, underarm sweat for years, heat intolerance, sensitive to sunlight.

I went to endo and did blood work. He said my LH was 18.8, way above average. My test was 808 and my SHBG was 81. He didnt really seem to know what i might have. Just said I could have some issues due to that being so high at 18.8.

What could I have? Hypogonadism???Or what? I sweat under arm pits and face gets flushed when i am in nervous environment. Heard continue use of prohormones and proscar could give you this stuff????WHen i quit proscar was when my skin went bad? I dont know. Can anyone help?

ezza

Awards
  • Established
hey man i'm prob not the best person to offer advice so i'll just copy and paste some stuff that might be of use untill someone else comes along....

ezza

Awards
  • Established
Hypogonadism is categorized by endocrinologists by the level of the reproductive system that is defective.

Hypogonadism resulting from defects of the gonads is traditionally referred to as primary hypogonadism. Examples include Klinefelter syndrome and Turner syndrome.

Hypogonadism resulting from hypothalamic or pituitary defects are termed secondary hypogonadism or central hypogonadism (referring to the central nervous system).
Examples of Hypothalamic defects include Kallmann syndrome.
Examples of Pituitary defects include hypopituitarism.
An example of a hypogonadism resulting from hormone response is androgen insensitivity syndrome.

ezza

Awards
  • Established
Signs and symptoms

The effects of male hypogonadism depend primarily on the stage of life at which they occur. They can occur during fetal development, puberty or adulthood. During each of these stages, the signs and symptoms are distinct.

Adulthood
Hypogonadism in adult males may alter certain masculine physical characteristics and impair normal reproductive function. Signs and symptoms may include:

Erectile dysfunction
Infertility
Decrease in beard and body hair growth
Increase in body fat
Decrease in size or firmness of testicles
Decrease in muscle mass
Development of breast tissue
Loss of bone mass (osteoporosis )

Mental and emotional changes also can accompany hypogonadism. As testosterone decreases, some men may experience symptoms similar to those of menopause in women. These may include:

Fatigue
Decreased sex drive
Difficulty concentrating
Hot flashes
Irritability
Depression

ezza

Awards
  • Established
Free Testosterone (Bioavailable Testosterone):
Adult Male Reference Interval
Free Testosterone: 47.0-244.0 pg/mL
% Free Testosterone: 1.6 - 2.9%
Testosterone
400 - 1080 ng/dL
40 - 59 years:
350 - 890 ng/dL
60 years and over:
350 - 720 ng/dL

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin [SHBG]:
13 - 63 nmol/L
16 - 18 years
11 - 54 nmol/L
19 - 150 years
13 - 71 nmol/L

ezza

Awards
  • Established
The release of LH at the pituitary gland is controlled by pulses of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) from the hypothalamus. Those pulses, in turn, are subject to the estrogen feedback from the gonads.

[edit] Normal levels
LH levels are normally low during childhood and, in women, high after menopause.

During the reproductive years typical levels are between 5-20 mIU/ml.

Physiologic high LH levels are seen during the LH surge (v.s.); typically they last 48 hours.

ezza

Awards
  • Established
Male Hormone Levels
Hormone to Test Normal Values What value means
Testosterone 270-1100 ng/dl Testosterone production is stimulated by Leydig cells in the testicles. Low levels of testosterone combined with low FSH and LH are diagnostic of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism.
Free Testosterone .95-4.3 ng/dl
% Free Testosterone .3% - 5% A normal male has about 2% free, unbound testosterone
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) 1-18 mIU/ml Basic hormone testing for males often only includes FSH and testosterone.
Prolactin < 20 ng/ml A level two or three times that of normal may indicate a pituitary tumor, such as a prolactinoma, which may lead to decreased sperm production. Elevations can be treated with bromocriptine.
Luteinizing Hormone (LH) 2-18 mIU/ml LH stimulates Leydig cells and production of testosterone. A problem with LH levels alone is rarely seen, so testing is only needed if testosterone level is abnormal.
Estradiol (E2) 10-60 pg/ml
Progesterone (P4) .3-1.2 ng/ml

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha not normal. 18.8 is WAY high. everyone knows that. I meant hypergodanism. Not hypo. my bad. But obviously i might need more testing or a better doctor because something is going on i think.