How to use insulin - the most anabolic hormone

Trevdog

Awards
This was originally posted on AF by Juice Junkie, I am posting it here at Yellowjacket's request.

Directions for first time insulin users

This is an article I wrote a little while ago and posted on several boards. I know its a long post but take the time and read it because your life does in fact depend on it. There are a couple other articles on the Anabolic Review board in the Hot Topics Section but I think they all pretty much have the same info.

Let me know if you have any questions

Insulin is the most anabolic hormone you can take. On the other hand its also one of the most dangerous for two reasons availability and ignorance. I will be the first to tell you that every time I have been hypoglycemic (when blood sugar drops to dangerous levels) its has been as a result of something I did wrong. Used responsibility and with respect for the potential sides it is quite safe and extremely effective. That being said we'll start off with what you are going to need.

Equipment:
There are several types of insulin out there but for our purposes we are only interested in two. The first being my favorite Humulin R and the other being a bit newer to the body building community Humalog.

Humulin R is the most widely used and time tested insulin in our arsenal. It has a max duration of 4hrs and its peak can been seen around 2hrs after injection. This becomes particularly important when planning out you meals for the day so keep the timetables in mind.

Humalog is a bit newer but some feel just as effective and a bit safer. Humalog has a max duration of 2hrs and its peak can be seen around 1hr after injection. When selecting to use one or the other keep in mind your schedule, meals, and physical activity for the day as it will all play a role. One other point that needs mentioning is that Humulin R is available over the counter at pretty much every pharmacy in the country for about $25 for 10ml (which will last you a very long time) and Humalog is available only through a prescription or over the black market for a price about double that of Humulin R. When approaching a pharmacist keep in mind that its a lot more convincing if you buy the needles at the same time you get the insulin. This way they are less likely to refuse to sell it to you which they have been known to do from time to time. If this should happen just continue on to the next pharmacy and despite what they tell you "you dont need a prescription" it might be their store policy to see one but legally it is not required and if you make enough of a fuss you will get what you need.

The next thing you will need is the actual needles for injection. These are not the same type that you would use for anabolics or other androgens. The type of needles you will need are U100 insulin needles. That is exactly what you need to say when are trying to buy them. A box of 100 will usually run about $15-$25 and again will last you quite a while. Be fore warned now, using a syringe labeled with cc/ml or anything other than u100 is potentially fatal. The difference between the amount of insulin used for our purpose and that which will kill you is less than 1/2 a cc.

The next two things I think you will need and I highly recommend having on you is a wrist watch with a chronograph (stopwatch) and glucose tabs and/or a can of soda. First I'll explain the wrist watch. The stop watch is to be started immediately after the injection and monitored periodically to keep track of what is in your body and how long it is active. This can also be used to determine whether or not you are feeling side effects or simply just nerves from the fear that follows using for the first time. For instance I always use Humulin R which we know has a duration of 4 hours and a peak at 2 hours. This means that the greatest effects will be felt somewhere between 1-1/2 to 2 hours after injection and then they will steadily lessen till it is no longer active 4 hours after injection. When you use a stopwatch you have an accurate record of when you felt the effects which will become more important as you get more experienced using insulin. The glucose tabs are your safety net. If you are feeling hypo (hypoglycemic) these tabs will return your blood sugar levels to a safe range where you can get some food. They are available at all pharmacies for about $1.00. I have also used a soda. Soda is high in simple carbs which act quickly when blood sugar is low and allow you to get to a safe range where you can get some food in you. Now that we've covered all the equipment needed to safely use insulin we'll move on to dosage diet and scheduling.

Dosage diet and scheduling:
Whenever you start insulin its always wise to start at a lower dose and taper up over the first couple of days of use. Insulin is still new in our community and there is a potential for becoming diabetic so dont take chances start small more is not better where insulin is concerned more is simply more fat and more dangerous. This is a schedule I use when just starting insulin:

day1: 5iu's post workout
day2: 6iu's post workout
day3: 7iu's post workout
day4: 8iu's post workout
day5: 9iu's post workout
day6: 10iu's post workout
day7: same as day 6

This concludes week once from here on out this is how I proceed. If I am going to be increasing my dose even further.

day8-10: 10iu's morning, 10iu's post workout
day11-14: 10iu's morning, 10iu's noon, 10iu's post workout
day15 and on: increase post workout dose till I start to feel symptoms of hypoglycemia and then back the dose down accordingly. THIS IS ONLY FOR ADVANCED USERS, DONT EXCEED THE DAY 7 DOSE TILL YOU GET SOME TIME UNDER YOUR BELT. I AM NOT KIDDING YOU WILL DIE!!!

Your diet will depend on the amount of slin you take per injection. The rule is 10 grams of carbs per IU of insulin. Therefore if you take 10iu's at an injection you need 100 grams of carbs. This is a bit overkill the actual figure is about 5-7 grams but its best to stick with the 10 rule while starting out. I feel that the best most accurate way to consume the proper amount of carbs after an injection is through MRP's or other shakes. The amounts of carbs on these are far more accurate than those you will find on the back of a bread bag. My meals are usually layed out like this:

7am: 10iu's insulin, shake
9am: shake
12pm: 10iu's insulin, lunch
2pm: shake
4pm: shake
6pm: workout
7pm: 10iu's insulin, shake, higher in carbs than others
9pm: dinner
11pm: safe for bed

If you'll notice there is a method to the madness above. After taking your first injection if insulin you will need a shake immediately. After this you are good for the next 2 hrs till the insulin peaks. Once you hit the 2hr mark you will need more carbs either another shake or a meal with sufficient carbs. After you have cleared the 4hr mark you will be clear from danger. Now this is all based on using Humulin R. If you are using Humalog you will need to take your first meal after injection and another "1hr" after. Then after the 2hr mark you will be safe. My shakes are made up of 1/2 pack of MetRX (berry) and 2 scoops GNC brand weight gainer (vanilla) and 16oz of whole milk. This shake has a caloric value of about 800 cals and around 50grams of protein and 150+grams of carbs. This is a good meal for those starting out. As you progress though you will want to decrease the carbs and eliminate the fat completely to maximize lean mass gains and minimize water and fat retention but for the purposes of starting out simply taking T3 will offset any fat gained. One thing to keep in mind is that T3 will reduce your sensitivity to insulin allowing you to take a higher dose but again save this till you get some more time in.

Side effects and procedures:
After injection and starting your stopwatch your first task is to get some carbs in. Next the first sides you will feel is tired. This is normal and is to be expected. You will usually feel this somewhere between 15-30 minutes after your injection. The key here is not to sleep, if you sleep you wont feel further more dangerous sides and therefore you wont be able to save your ass. The next thing you need to do is have another meal/shake at the 2hr mark. If you miss this just get it in as soon as possible. If you delay long enough you will start to feel hypo around 3 to 3-1/2 hours after injection. When this happens you will feel a sort of numbness that I can only relate to ephedrine. After this you will start to get some shakes in your hands followed by a cold sweat. Once you get to this point you are full blown hypo, the next thing that will follow will be a bit of tunnel vision and this is as far as I’ve been after this its all textbook I imagine coma will follow shortly after passing out. When you get the symptoms listed above don’t hesitate. Get some soda/glucose tabs followed by a meal or shake. One other fact I neglected to mention is that a mix of carbs is necessary when consuming a meal. Simple carbs are used to quickly and complex don’t kick in fast enough. A good mix is the way to go.

This is pretty much a beginners guide to getting started on insulin. If you have any questions either post them on the board or email me. No question is stupid when it comes to a potentially fatal drug. Good luck and get huge.

JJ

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hey trevdog , try hitting up the writer of this article and ask him this "

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">chad nichols says he thinks use of fructose is better to use with slin ,his claim is using dextrose is useless cos all it does is cover up slin and nothing else , no real benefits from it , but he is always leaning towards humalin , lets say if i want to use humalog , humalog only , then how do i make use of fructose ? i am thinking using some fruit before the injection , and then shoot , then when the humalog peaks in about 15 mins the fructose will be there ,this is what i am thinking . but how do u think fructose can be used with humalog ?"</SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">try to get him to reply to this my bro , thanx .</SPAN>

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Hey Trevdog, very much appreciated bro.....this is now one of the best threads here.....thanks a lot, YJ

SHOT

Awards
Well i agree with everything he has to say OTHER then how he takes his slin....this is how i would go about it

I been reseach and talking with the man Chad Nicholls and i learned alot....

I am going to use mine 2 times per week(3 shots per day)...i dont agree with this ED **** for slin cause after 3 or so week of it it loses its effect...i have learned this from the man Chad Nicholls

I will be starting low at 4 iu per day and working my way up....post slin injection i will be eating fruits alot...and useing fructose instead of useing dextrose yes dextrose will cover the slin but it gets through the body way to fast to get any kinda carbing up effect from it, and one of the main reason of carbing up with insulin is to glycogen load the muscle. So i am going to go with some simple sugar carbs (fruits). You get the same benefit but they are slower through the system and the loading factor is tremendously better.

I feel you should only take slin 3 times per week ...i might go once every 3 days(You would have to have a crazy metabolism to dothats tho) but ill start with 2 times per week...

I will prob take it monday and fri 3 times per day once every 6 hours...

I am also going to be useing Humulin R instead of Humulog, i believe its fast, and you risk the chance of going hypo.

Would you get better and faster results with useing slin ED....YES but they are not good results and sure as hell are not healthy i want to keep this on the safe side for the first time useing it i aint looking to get HUGE from this slin the first time...just testing the waters cause we wall know this **** wil kill you...

There are many problems with using insulin every day. one primary problem is going to be the distention in the stomach - everyone tries to blame this on the growth, but if you were using growth by itself - this would never happen - it's the use of Insulin with the Growth that distends the stomach. And i truely believe this....

The second problem of using sulin everyday is that after 3-4 weeks, the sulin stops responding within the body. I would say that 75-80% of the people that do this, could take sulin and not eat carbs - without having an insulin reaction. So, where is the benefit from that?

SHOT

Awards
also we have a very well indetailed slin post at bb.com i would be glad to post the link if you wanted...Ray and myself spent alot of time reseach and putting this info together...we are not done with it yet as we add new stuff almost hourly lol....but we got some great info from all over the net and putting it all into one big post...if you bros want ill post the link

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
When you talk about distending of the stomach....are you talking about hyperplasia of the stomach or the inordinate fat accumulated around the stomach? Insulin is the body's primary storage hormone, so a mediocre to terrible diet and you're going to accumularte a nice quantity of adipose fat.

Also the right around the adipose is the site of aromatase enzyme activity, which also contributes greatly to the build up of adipose fat.

Now SHOT if you're talking about the dreaded GH gut, then disregard what I've said....I think a lot of people have the potential to get excess fat build up and hyperplasia of the stomach mixed up.

And by all means, post the article froim bb.com in this thread ot the link will do.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket
When you talk about distending of the stomach....are you talking about hyperplasia of the stomach or the inordinate fat accumulated around the stomach? Insulin is the body's primary storage hormone, so a mediocre to terrible diet and you're going to accumularte a nice quantity of adipose fat.

Also the right around the adipose is the site of aromatase enzyme activity, which also contributes greatly to the build up of adipose fat.

Now SHOT if you're talking about the dreaded GH gut, then disregard what I've said....I think a lot of people have the potential to get excess fat build up and hyperplasia of the stomach mixed up.

now , injecting sub Q in the abdomen , some say it instigates fat storage there , then evry diabetic shud have had pro like guts which we see isnt true . and mediocre to poor diet ? bro , if ure using humalog , then all u need to do is avoid fat for the next few hrs , and enuf carbs to cover the slin and avoid going into hypo and decent protein . how hard is that right ?

gh gut is happening probly cos of years and years of gh and slin use , maybe something like a synergistic effect , there is no firm reason as to why the gh is distending , but we know its not cos of gh alone or slin alone .

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

now , injecting sub Q in the abdomen , some say it instigates fat storage there , then evry diabetic shud have had pro like guts which we see isnt true . and mediocre to poor diet ? bro , if ure using humalog , then all u need to do is avoid fat for the next few hrs , and enuf carbs to cover the slin and avoid going into hypo and decent protein . how hard is that right ?
No, the pro's have guts frmo GH. I dont care if you're using slin, GH, or a shitload to minor load of AAS, if you're diet sucks, you're going to accumulate fat. I know plenty of heavy set diabetics and I know thin ones.....you still have to be physically active in order to avoid fat build up. The the aromatase enzyme activity still occurs whether you're diabetic or not and consuming any hormone with estrogen aromatizing potential doesnt help any.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Could Olympic Comittees ever drug test for synthetic insulin, or is it whiped from the body rather quickly?

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Not to be a ass, banana but I think you might want to check the rules on the steriod side of the board. You are under 17 right?  
oh sorry i hadn't read them. I won't post here anymore.

SHOT

Awards
Not to be a ass, banana but I think you might want to check the rules on the steriod side of the board. You are under 17 right?  
I dont think there should be a age limit on learning about ANYTHING....stupid rule IMO but rules are rules and you have to live by them.....but i am more then willing to bet that if you didnt know his age you woudlnt be able to guess it by his post.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Matthew D
Don't mind me, I spoke out of turn... I will just head over to the corner and stop posting for a while..

Thanks SHOT for pointing out the error in my thinking.

awww man , dont be like that ! :(

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
The age limit restriction is intended to alleviate uneducated posts and to help prevent those under 21 from considering steroids.  I agree with SHOT that people should be able to learn if they so desire, but at the same time, we try to remove certain behavior by placing these rules in effect.   I, for one, don't have a problem if an educated or at least respectful 17 yr old is trying to acquire knowledge so that one day, he might be able to make the decision, but I'll be damned if we get a bunch of teens asking ridiculous questions in the steroid section.... or any other section of the board for that matter.  All in all, so long as the question is valid, well thought out, and hasn't already been answered, I'm sure most people wont give others a hard time.   Lets just keep in mind that there is PLENTY of information a younger person can learn just by reading and not posting.  This freedom, we obviously can't remove.

Peace

WYD

DarCSA

Awards
Very good thread. I learned a lot on insulin from this thread. It helps me understand more why people would want to use it. Being in my field of service I only see insulin in diabetics or those with low blood sugar. Thanks for helping me see some more beneficial aspects of it in the bb community. Good post Trev props to you.

SteveDFW

Awards
I will be starting low at 4 iu per day and working my way up....post slin injection i will be eating fruits alot...and useing fructose instead of useing dextrose yes dextrose will cover the slin but it gets through the body way to fast to get any kinda carbing up effect from it, and one of the main reason of carbing up with insulin is to glycogen load the muscle. So i am going to go with some simple sugar carbs (fruits). You get the same benefit but they are slower through the system and the loading factor is tremendously better.
Shot,

I have read the recommendations on carb intake and timing of with other carbs. With fructose, what and when do you recommend?

Thanks

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Shot,

I have read the recommendations on carb intake and timing of with other carbs. With fructose, what and when do you recommend?

Thanks
10 grams of carbs per IU of insulin and with fructose, have a shake (if you're injecting 10iu's of insulin) consisting of 100grams of carbs, obviously its not going to be all fructose, but usually a whey shake will due immediately after the injection.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket

10 grams of carbs per IU of insulin and with fructose, have a shake (if you're injecting 10iu's of insulin) consisting of 100grams of carbs, obviously its not going to be all fructose, but usually a whey shake will due immediately after the injection.
shot was mistaken when he recommended only fructose , cos we later found out that fructose isnt of much help as soon as u shoot slin , if u dont want to listen to me , find out urself ;) . well , seriously speaking , 10 grams of dextrose or glucose sugar shud be immediately administered by the slin user , if using humalog, ofcourse along with protein(the main job of slin for us atleast is to prevent the breakdown of protein ) , within 10 mins of the slin shot . and he shud continue to keep some sugar , honey or glucose tabs closeby . after an hour , he shud consume a meal with low gi carbs and some more protein , still avoid fat . the user shud cautiously avoid all fat intkae during the active period of the slin . he will feel hungry , jittery , thirsty etc no matter what though , but u gotta take 1000 mgs of suck it up  :) .

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
This is what I believe for MYSELF not necessarily for anyone else.

I agree stay with the Humilin R, Humalog is too fast and can be more dangerous.

Definitely agree ONLY 3 times a week.

Agree start at 4 IUs or even 2 IUs, working your way up to 10IUs.

I would NEVER do slin first thing in the AM. It is important what carbs you have had BEFORE as well as AFTER the shot. If slin affects you stronger than other guys you will go hypo before the simple carbs you take after the shot have a chance to kick in.

Take it from me I did a 10 IU shot in AM after having oatmeal I then immediately had 100grams of dextrose. Hour later pulse 110 sweating, dizzy and nausous. Well for me I learned that I need more carbs in my system before doing a shot.

Lesson learned don't go by what some guy on a message board says is safe. Learn it yourself.

Ok I think we all agree that slin CAN be VERY dangerous.

I think it would be in everyones interest to know who actually has done slin and are speaking from actual experience.

Reading the posts above it appears that most people here have but I know better.

I know Ray started about a week ago, I know SHOT has spoken to quite a few guys who have actually done slin for a long time and has started or will start very shortly.

I am concerned that some of the posts are from guys who have never done it and may be taken the wrong way by newbies.

Last edited:

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by CROWLER
This is what I believe for MYSELF not necessarily for anyone else.

I agree stay with the Humilin R, Humalog is too fast and can be more dangerous.

Take it from me I did a 10 IU shot in AM after having oatmeal I then immediately had 100grams of dextrose. Hour later pulse 110 sweating, dizzy and nausous. Well for me I learned that I need more carbs in my system before doing a shot.

Lesson learned don't go by what some guy on a message board says is safe. Learn it yourself.

Ok I think we all agree that slin CAN be VERY dangerous.

I think it would be in everyones interest to know who actually has done slin and are speaking from actual experience.

I am concerned that some of the posts are from guys who have never done it and may be taken the wrong way by newbies.
crowler , i personally didnt choose humalin cos of the wierd 2 peaks it seems to have and the longer activity in the system . u know hard to watch ur fat intake for so long and the fear of goin hypo etc etc , humalin can be very tricky and i think humalog is best for a newbie to start out with .

yeah , i agree with u on the other things , i found out doing slin , the real thing is soo diff from reading about it , and very lil practical knowledge can be obtained from someone who's just read about it ....

bump for crowler , bro knows his **** :) .

TAli

Awards
Updated, or same routine?

I know this thread is older than $4!t but was wondering if there has been any updates as to how we should take it.
I'm in cycle right now 500mg enthanate/week and a teen blend which averages out to about 750mg/week.
Have been reading up on slin and am interested but I have never been one to dive right into something without alot of research... sh!t I had my very first cycle for 7 months before I actually did it (and I got the whole cycle set up for me from another gym rat my local heavy metal shop).
Any new information would be greatly appreciated thanks bro' s and bro-ette's (lol)