ACTUAL research.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever use a source like that? I always broswe around google when bored and come across sites like www(.)prospecbio
which is an actuall research chemical site. Why not use these guys? Price may be more, i have no idea, but i see IGF GH on most and these should be very high grade correct?
Not looking to buy, just asking.

Peace.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
WTF THEY HAVE IGF1 Human Des1-3 !! i just **** myself with joy, i love you mentaltwitch!

and for ur question probably beause the price is much more and it is not a tried and true source.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
WTF THEY HAVE IGF1 Human Des1-3 !! i just **** myself with joy, i love you mentaltwitch!

ok, i havent a clue what that is or means...haha
Please PM with dumb man talk on why that is good ro what stuff on there makes sense. The only thing i dont understand is those sites are 1 in a mil. so why dont people use them...?

You knwo it has follistatin on there...yea. Google that shyt, thats what got my attention that i was searching on.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established

and for ur question probably beause the price is much more and it is not a tried and true source.
I undertsnad pricing but i am thinking, these are AUTHENTIC BIO/CHEM labs, that have full legal rights to purchase and create/distribute these items...I am guessing.
Rather than some UG lab trying to make it by, keep it private, and possibly lessening the % per ml, or mg/ml amount.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Anyone ever use a source like that? I always broswe around google when bored and come across sites like www(.)prospecbio
which is an actuall research chemical site. Why not use these guys? Price may be more, i have no idea, but i see IGF GH on most and these should be very high grade correct?
Not looking to buy, just asking.

Peace.
This might be another answer to you question-
T O P I C R E V I E W
James75 We've just purchased 50 tubes of 2ug recombinant brain natriuretic peptide from ProspecBio, a company that sells lots of recombinant proteins... We ran a couple of cultures and got some unusual results, so decided to measure the BNP using an RIA, and found it was a thousandth out. No big deal, spoke to ProspecBio who said 'The BNP concentration was tested by spectrophotometer using a wave length of A280/e-coefficient. We have even placed 10% more in the vial just in case some powder get stuck on cap, vial walls etc… We disagree with the end user.'

Getting a little paranoid, we measured the BNP a further 5 times using different machines, including a CE marked triage system, and all the results were consistently 1000th out... We've got back to ProspecBio with this info, and they have amazingly said 'We can not replace the vials nor credit you for them since our results and way of testing are specified in the COA'...

This seems quite remarkable, as a spectrophotometer is not nearly as accurate as an RIA, nevermind a CE stamped one that only measures BNP!!!!

If you ever need a protein, please please dont use ProspecBio, as they'll rip you off with quantities of fresh air and refuse to look into it or refund you, be warned!

lovesthelab Thanks for the warning. A280 is highly dependent upon primary structure of the protein- it will be higher when the protein has a lot of aromatic amino acids and lower when a protein lacks aromatic amino acids. Get your legal department to write a warning letter, using words like fraud, fake, etc. You might get your money back.

been there, done that more times than I care to admit

PLapierre Thanks for the info. As Lovesthelab said, have your purchase dept write them a letter and if you are part of a large company or university, threaten them to close their account, maybe that will get their attention!

"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ever need a protein, please please dont use ProspecBio, as they'll rip you off with quantities of fresh air and refuse to look into it or refund you, be warned!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is this company located? I cant believe they can get away with it.

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new".

Quicksilver an anonymous hint to the company that they are being trashed publicly might create an improvement in services

how many scientists have read this so far?

note to companies - if you want a reputation like santa cruz's - keep up the good work

khenwood67 Well, currently this thread has been read 45 times.

Kathryn Henwood
Membership Coordinator
The Science Advisory Board
[email protected]

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
ahhh thanks for that. Can i get a year on the post? Seems to be off a very authentic forum for Lab tech or companies and such.
EDIT: Just used some google skills and go t the fourm site .