Best Type Of Training When On A Cycle.....High Volume or High Weight???

SigEpZeino

SigEpZeino

Banned
Awards
Since im about to take a cycle I was wondering which type of workout regiem is better, one with high volume or one with heavy weight low rep???? I am asking this becuase bodybuilders do high volume due to them being on steriods so I was wondering would this translate over if I were to do a cycle......

I want some opinions because I want to grow as much as possible during my first cycle.......

SigEpZeino

SigEpZeino

Banned
Awards
Ohhh yea I will be on a cycle of Havoc.....
Please give me your opinions and experiences.....

crazilyfter42

Awards
Different work out regimines are going to provide different results. I think you need to ask yourself what your goals are and that will give you your answer.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
It is hard for me to say you are ready for steroids if you don't even know the answer to this..

SigEpZeino

SigEpZeino

Banned
Awards
GREAT HELP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

You PEOPLE ARE SUCH A SUPPORT!!!!

thats why I hate posting questions..... no one ever want to help or answer a simple question

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
I think you'll see best gains with high reps if your goal is size rather than strength, something within the 8-12 rep range, 12-15 for arms. I personally saw great results with higher reps in arm exercises.

SigEpZeino

SigEpZeino

Banned
Awards
first off let me thank you for actually trying to help.....

From what ive read it says to sty high rep in order to put the most muscle on....and I could give 2 shits about strength, its all about asteticts to me and proportion.....

So I should stick to high volume then for the most mass/size gain then????

rugburnz

rugburnz

Awards
what works best for me is going low rep heavyweight if im trying to bulk and gain strength. i like to set my failure at about the 6th rep. if im looking to add some more definition and lean out i go with a lighter weight higher rep, somewhere in between 12-15 to failure. i do this regaurdless if im on cycle or not.

crazilyfter42

Awards
My response wasnt ment to come off like an A-hole. I wasnt sure what your goal was so I had no way to point you in any direction. Anyway my experience is that lower reps and heavier weight will put on more strength not necessarily bulk. Higher reps less weight more definition. I think a good in between is the best answer for overall size/definition. I found my best results are w/ reps of 10. This has also been a great way for me to add size. For arms I like to do a concentration type exercise for reps of 10 then throw in other exercises w/ higher reps of like 12-15.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Different work out regimines are going to provide different results. I think you need to ask yourself what your goals are and that will give you your answer.
In my opinion this is a valid response...maybe it should have stated "I think you need to ask yourself what your goals are and then we can help answer your question better".

goals should have been spelled out in the original post...steroids can be used for many purposes. you're training, nutrition, supplements, etc are all a function of what you are trying to accomplish.

GREAT HELP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

You PEOPLE ARE SUCH A SUPPORT!!!!

thats why I hate posting questions..... no one ever want to help or answer a simple question
no reason to get pissy because people didn't have enough information to give you a propper response!

and what do you mean by aesthetics...is that size, definition, or a combination ...IMO this is all very vague and subjective

SigEpZeino

SigEpZeino

Banned
Awards
ascetics consist of both size and shape like proper proportions..... This is very important to me since I do fitness modeling so looks are everything....

Flick

Awards
On my last Superdrol cycle my sets usually consisted of 6-8 reps. I usually shoot for 8 per set, but I don't like to fall below 6. And if for some reason I can do more than 8, I will, although I usually know how much weight I can do, so I usually reach positive failure within that range. Now on something like calve raises or wrist curls I'll aim for 15-20, going slow.

Worked for me. I put on a good 7-8lbs and my strength went through the roof.

And for the record, I care about strength and size, rather than just size.

z06

z06

Awards
I tend to stay away from heavier lifts (1-6 rep ranges) because I feel that the increase in strength may be too much for the tendons and would dramatically increase the risk of injury. And believe me a rotator cuff injury for example is NO fun.

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
I tend to stay away from heavier lifts (1-6 rep ranges) because I feel that the increase in strength may be too much for the tendons and would dramatically increase the risk of injury. And believe me a rotator cuff injury for example is NO fun.
This is very true, especially with longer cycles.
Per the original question you have to decide what your goals are and apply the basic principals based on them.
3-6 reps - myofbrillar hypertrophy = increased strength
8-12 reps - sarcoplasmic hypertrophy = increased mass
12-20 reps - increased endurance
(reference - Rippetoe&Kilgore - Practical Programming for Strength Training, Zatsiorsky - Science and Practice of Strength Training)
Set your goals and train appropriately.