Shelf life of OPENED ph's:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I've had these 14 Methyldrol XT pills sitting in their bottle for I'd have to say a year and some change. They've always been in their bottle, in the dark, and in room temp.

Do any of y'all know if they'd be ok to use? If I did use them, I'd stack them with another cycle for the last two weeks at a pill a day. Hope they're OK!!! If not, no biggie. Thanks guys. I know I can count on yaZ!

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
IMO stored properly they'd retain potency for couple years at least...though I really am not worried about the potency loss as I could just up the dose to achieve desired results...it's if and what the product may turn into once it starts converting over i.e. become toxic...:(

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
bump.

that brings up a good point, mayne. so what would others say about this superdrolish supp in terms of its shelf life while open? it's been open for a year and a half or so, sitting in my closet. what's the deal, y'all? i am leaning toward not taking it, unless i can find good info on it being safe/still as effective/not turning toxic at this age while open.

c'mon, y'all!

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
I read a discussion once that talked about this before. One guy that works for a pharmicist was getting all sorts of info from him on this between herbal and liquid shelf life. but he said that SD was ok but something like M1T I believe would become toxic...

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
thanks, maynehood. i appreciate the input. i feel i need a definitive answer, though. know of any write-ups on this subject?

Bulkzilla

Awards
Expiration date is there to notify you when oxygen can break down the ingredient. So if you opened the bottle most likely it will soon fade out which is why many ppl shrink wrap it.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
thanks, maynehood. i appreciate the input. i feel i need a definitive answer, though. know of any write-ups on this subject?
Look around the net to get a general idea like I did...granted you won't get a definite answer for SD but you'll get a general idea with other herbal pills and supplements...

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Expiration date is there to notify you when oxygen can break down the ingredient. So if you opened the bottle most likely it will soon fade out which is why many ppl shrink wrap it.
Yes but it's also to save the makers own a$$ so that it's guaranteed potency but that pharmacist said that you could even go year or two beyond that...(if stored properly)

Bulkzilla

Awards

Yes but it's also to save the makers own a$$ so that it's guaranteed potency but that pharmacist said that you could even go year or two beyond that...(if stored properly)
I agree with you. But b/ its going into my body I prefer to shrink it I think the machine only cost $30 at Target :)

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you. But b/ its going into my body I prefer to shrink it I think the machine only cost $30 at Target :)
No I do too...matter of fact I might go buy one since I find more of a use for one now than before ;)

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
i appreciate the info fellas. man, the bottle ain't got an expiration date on it. i should have mentioned this. all i know is that i bought them a year and a half ago. they've been open for that long, too.

i might just can em. hell, it's 14 measly pills anyhow. i don't want to take a chance on putting something a bit toxic in my body, or in the very least, something weakened that will cause me disappointment/have me wondering if the other compound (whichever that one might have been) was as potent as it claimed.

i'll cut it as a loss for now. i'll just see if anyone notices this thread and can still give that 'definitive answer' that may not be there. who knows. thanks y'all for speculatin' with me!

Eric.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
i appreciate the info fellas. man, the bottle ain't got an expiration date on it. i should have mentioned this. all i know is that i bought them a year and a half ago. they've been open for that long, too.

i might just can em. hell, it's 14 measly pills anyhow. i don't want to take a chance on putting something a bit toxic in my body, or in the very least, something weakened that will cause me disappointment/have me wondering if the other compound (whichever that one might have been) was as potent as it claimed.

i'll cut it as a loss for now. i'll just see if anyone notices this thread and can still give that 'definitive answer' that may not be there. who knows. thanks y'all for speculatin' with me!

Eric.
Read around...I have just read 3 threads where people have M1T leftover that they want to use up. So you are in the same boat as them...(not sure where I read them but try a search)

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Become toxic?
Yes some compounds will become toxic over time...not trying to create a scare as I've said that I can't quite remember but believe it was M1T stated...this was in a thread once before...it's just that I'd never do M1T or whatever the compound was so I wasn't concerned...

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
My point was that M1T is already an extremely toxic substance to begin with.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
My point was that M1T is already an extremely toxic substance to begin with.
Yes but imagine it getting worse? That was my idea at the time but again I guess when the compound changes and doesn't even resemble the original compound so now your getting nowhere with it but making you sick...

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Yes but imagine it getting worse? That was my idea at the time but again I guess when the compound changes and doesn't even resemble the original compound so now your getting nowhere with it but making you sick...
yeah, that's what i'm afraid of, maynehood. i'll just try one more search today, and if nothing, chuck em'.

i didn't plan on using them for a good while, so that would have put it at about the 2 year mark opened, and i dunno, just don't wanna play around with old ****. i know little about the shelf lives of any kind of caps, and these are no different. but these ain't exactly just some multivitamin or aspirin, so i ain't gon' mess around, y'know?

thanks, y'all.
:cheers: