Libido problems from PH's. All in your head or all in your blood? Im gonna find out.

FullyBuilt

Awards
  • Established
Ok I know there is lots of debate on why some people have libido/erectile dysfunction on Ph's and some don't. I have a feeling a lot of it is in our heads. Maybe one night you were tired and werent as hard as normal and therfor think its cuz of the ph's. Now thats its mentally in you, thats whats probably causing the problems. In a few days im going to get a complete blood exam(thyroid, total/free test, estrogen,etc....) before I start a 4week T1final stack at the recommened dose. Then post cycle im going to run nolvadex 40mg weeks 1-2 and 20mg weeks 3-4 and probably use tribulus with it. After my post cycle im going to get another blood exam, and if the results for total/free test are still the same, then there is no way I should have any libido issues right. Isnt the libido issues all controlled by your total/free test levels?

SoupBone1

Awards
I would imagine that there are other issues, as well, but I don't know what they are.

If you really want to be thorough, you might also consider getting blood work done halfways through the cycle and right at the end of the cycle.

older-than-dirt

Awards
I'm doing a potent mix of 1-T , 4-AD and 19 NOR stack right now and I am REALLY horned out .

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I did 1-AD when it first came out and didn't know it caused loss of libido. When I was using 1-AD I wondered why I had zero sex drive. Its not in your head. 1-Test shuts down your body’s natural test production and 1-Test won't give you a sex drive like test.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
In your head? ho ho ho...you'll soon find out what 1-test does.
One thing which I can't figure out is that 1-test does convert to DHT in 'considerable amounts'. Why libido gets suppressed is odd since there is supposed to have DHT. I think some 1-test->DHT conversion is not as much as I thought or maybe estrogen levels have some influence.

Conversely I read one or two posts which some people had increased libido on 1-test.

Olderthandirt, the 4-ad should increase your libido. The other phs you're taking are probably not doing anything for it.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
In your head? ho ho ho...you'll soon find out what 1-test does.
One thing which I can't figure out is that 1-test does convert to DHT in 'considerable amounts'. Why libido gets suppressed is odd since there is supposed to have DHT. I think some 1-test->DHT conversion is not as much as I thought or maybe estrogen levels have some influence.

Conversely I read one or two posts which some people had increased libido on 1-test.

Olderthandirt, the 4-ad should increase your libido. The other phs you're taking are probably not doing anything for it.
I just think hormones affect everyone different. With 4-AD I have a high sex drive for two weeks then my sex drive crashes and I have no idea why. I've read in a small number of people test kills their sex drive.

Shmoo

Awards
4-ad sure does increase my libido. I work in a grocery store and every time some hottie comes my way down the isle I have duck into the backroom to conceal my weapon. I havn`t had instant boners like this since I was in highschool, that is usually the time the old teacher would ask you to come up to the chalk board to work out a problem.

zziggzzigg

Awards
...just wait, it seems to me that when you experience the highs from whatever, ph or as, that sometime in the near future you will also experience the lows...

it seems to be a complex issue that I would like to see some enlightenment on...

I think there are many other factors and free-test is only a part of it.. for some reason your libido can be drastically different at different times of your life even with similar free test levels... there must be many other hormonal events that affect this.

An example would be tribulus and/or maca having distinct effects, yet they have been studied to show no effect on LH or test levels.

Tiabin

Awards
Hah... No. I know I had the affects of placebo during the first week of my cycle, but I pretty much completely forgot I was even taking anything at all except for putting on the transderm. solution. My libido was DEAD until about two days after I stopped nolva. So basically from the beginning of my cycle, until a few days afterwards I lost 90% of my libido.

FullyBuilt

Awards
  • Established
so your libido was gone during the cycle and during the whole 4week post cycle with nolva.

FullyBuilt

Awards
  • Established
God that really sucks. It almost seems like Ph's cause more problems downstairs than the real **** does.

Tiabin

Awards
One thing to realize is first off... 1-test isn't *exactly* just a PH.
And another to realize is "problems downstairs" is actually pretty subjective. From what I've heard during a test. cycle you can get pretty damned horny, and when you have no "responsibilities to fulfill" that's actually more of a pain in the ass than anything else. So it's all in how you look at it. :)

FullyBuilt

Awards
  • Established
I also hear people's libido increases during some ph cycles but I always thought test was the one that decreases the libido and 4ad increases it.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I've done a few 1-test/ 4ad cycles with no libido problems. I added 1,4 andro(trans) to 1-test/ 4ad in my current cycle and half way through wk3 I started noticing problems (erections not as hard). By the end of wk3 libido was gone (soldier would not salute at all). Either the 1,4 was that strong or the combo of 1-test and 1,4 andro killed it. I upped 4ad dose and started trib @ 625mg 3x day in order to help libido. I will increase 4ad dose again if need be.

FullyBuilt

Awards
  • Established
I wonder why the hell ph's cause so many problems downstairs. Even the guys on the real **** usually dont have as many problems as ph users, and while on a cycle they get an increased libido.

Atavis

Awards
Even the guys on the real **** usually dont have as many problems as ph users, and while on a cycle they get an increased libido.
Tell that to the guys using Deca and/or Tren, which in my experience does about the same to the libido as 1Test. To me anyways.

With 4AD, added i was horny throughout the whole cycle.

I wonder if there is perchance a relationship of dose vs enzyme availability causing the problem for those who are seeing it mid-cycle?

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Bump on Atavis. Most guys using AAS usually always have some type of test in their cycle (increased libido), which is the base of any good cycle. The deca and tren will definitly leave you limp when used alone. That is why it is always a good idea to have some type of test/ test precussor in a cycle....unless you're a lonely bastard.

Last edited: