Creatine & Back Pumps

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
I am currently starting the third week of an Epi cycle @ 40mg/day. On day 14 I started getting debilitating back pumps that almost shut my work out down. They were to the point that I actually had to sit down between sets just to finish my work out. I have ordered some taurine powder from NP but in the meantime I am taking taurine tablets I got local but it does little to phase them. My question is should I drop my creatine usage while on cycle? I am currently taking creatine mono with my pre-work out shakes and I wonder if it could be causing the pumps to intensify. My water intake is through the roof so I dont think that is the culprit. About an hour after I work out the pumps are gone and everything is fine. Anyone got any suggestions?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I am currently starting the third week of an Epi cycle @ 40mg/day. On day 14 I started getting debilitating back pumps that almost shut my work out down. They were to the point that I actually had to sit down between sets just to finish my work out. I have ordered some taurine powder from NP but in the meantime I am taking taurine tablets I got local but it does little to phase them. My question is should I drop my creatine usage while on cycle? I am currently taking creatine mono with my pre-work out shakes and I wonder if it could be causing the pumps to intensify. My water intake is through the roof so I dont think that is the culprit. About an hour after I work out the pumps are gone and everything is fine. Anyone got any suggestions?
Creatine will just make pumps worse, drop it, and save it for post cycle. The taurine should help too.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I used creatine on cycle with no problem, but I cycle it every 3 days, so that may have made a difference. Plus I used Hdrol, not Epi. Also, is the CM, or one of those CEE pre-workout deals? Because if it contains AAKG (NO), drop it now. That will definitely cause back pumps.

I don't think less than 4g of taurine is going to help, so make sure your dosage is right. And what is "through the roof" with water intake? In my opinion, a person needs 2 gallons or so of water while on cycle. And that's pure water, not counting water used in protein shakes.

Good luck.

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
I used creatine on cycle with no problem, but I cycle it every 3 days, so that may have made a difference. Plus I used Hdrol, not Epi. Also, is the CM, or one of those CEE pre-workout deals? Because if it contains AAKG (NO), drop it now. That will definitely cause back pumps.

I don't think less than 4g of taurine is going to help, so make sure your dosage is right. And what is "through the roof" with water intake? In my opinion, a person needs 2 gallons or so of water while on cycle. And that's pure water, not counting water used in protein shakes.

Good luck.
I have been taking just pure creatine monohydrate pre-workout and a creatine gluconate post workout. I will have to look at the gluconate and see if it has the AAKG in it. Since I had not taken either since my workout Friday I am more inclined to believe it is the pre-workout mono that is giving me fits.
I started with the taurine at 3g and bumped it up a gram each day. Today I was at 5g and it did not even phase it.
My water intake is close to 2 gallons a day. I almost go through a case of water a day (thank god it is free at work) and I spend more time pissing than I do at the gym so I dont think that is it.
I may even try changing my routine a little until I get a hold of this. I am doing the Bill Star 5x5 so I am squatting 3x a week and it is the first exercize each day. They have been kicking in about my third set and stick with me through the workout. I may try moving the squats to the end. I know I may suffer a little on squat performance from being fatigued but maybe the rest of my lifts wont suffer from being in pain...