Pulsing Opinions

Is pulsing a good Idea?

• Total voters
Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Okay, so theres all kinds of opinions as to this. What are your guys' opinions? I personally don't like the idea of my hormones jumping all over the place from day to day, and I feel I would probably have more of an occurence of gyno, shutdown or other issues. So speak up! What's your stand?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Bad idea.. I don't like the idea of randomly spiked hormone levels either.. If someone wants to avoid suppression, why not just run a short cycle with a killer pct?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Well, there are pros and cons. From personal experience, I saw decent gains, and they have been easily maintainable. Bloodwork was perfect two weeks out from pct, and shut down was minimal on 50mg of epistane 4 times/week. However, the off days were hellish, and then I got rebound gyno which subsided after a Nolva treatment, basically I ran a pct when it popped up 2 months after cycle. All in all, I might do it again, only because I never really lost the lbm that I gained from it.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
My first pulse was a success at 3x/wk...will do it again with a month - 3 month break

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Bad idea.. I don't like the idea of randomly spiked hormone levels either.. If someone wants to avoid suppression, why not just run a short cycle with a killer pct?
so what if we mimic the natural hormone patterns when pulsing?

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
so what if we mimic the natural hormone patterns when pulsing?
...which is my understanding of pulsing...plus they are minor ups and dips according to D...IMO sounds pretty natural especially if you aren't exposed to it for long periods of time...hmmm maybe like say...4 weeks on? :blink:

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I've never done a pulse so i can't really comment on whether or not it would effective but I'm happy just doing a straight cycle with a proper PCT.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
I've never done a pulse so i can't really comment on whether or not it would effective but I'm happy just doing a straight cycle with a proper PCT.
Yeah if you are young and accumulated toxicity and sides are not a problem then I'd say straight shoot and go for max gains...personally I look to avoid the drastic strength increase and side effects...just like to ease myself into something and not be thrown in...(2 months pulse compared to 1 month on type idea)

I ended up hurting my shoulder for quite a while because I didn't judge my limits well enough even though I felt like I could lift the a$$-end of a car...learned the hard way...but we all have our reasons for doing what we do...so if it works...keep doing it :thumbsup:

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Still, I don't feel they are minor fluctuations. I mean, if you're pulsing a compund like SD, where when I was on for three weeks my bench shot up 50 pounds, and my weight went up 10 pounds. That isn't normal at all, and if you have that amount of a powerful synthetic hormone that your body recognizes as test, then you have hormone fluctuations that could cause problems IMO.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Still, I don't feel they are minor fluctuations. I mean, if you're pulsing a compund like SD, where when I was on for three weeks my bench shot up 50 pounds, and my weight went up 10 pounds. That isn't normal at all, and if you have that amount of a powerful synthetic hormone that your body recognizes as test, then you have hormone fluctuations that could cause problems IMO.
That's where the idea of 3 days on 4 off can come into play as being a great short week pulser...and should be plenty of time for body to recover and whatnot...not subjecting to shutdown/suppression...and also D and few others that I have read say that this should be better than EOD for something like SD and stronger...

I do see where you are coming from however so I'm not trying to fully disclose your response here...

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
Right, I see your point as well. Let's agree to disagree;)

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
Well, there are pros and cons. From personal experience, I saw decent gains, and they have been easily maintainable. Bloodwork was perfect two weeks out from pct, and shut down was minimal on 50mg of epistane 4 times/week. However, the off days were hellish, and then I got rebound gyno which subsided after a Nolva treatment, basically I ran a pct when it popped up 2 months after cycle. All in all, I might do it again, only because I never really lost the lbm that I gained from it.
elaborate 'hellish'

and

how did gyno pop up 2 months after your pulse cycle, you didnt do pct after pulsing? it was confusing how it was written... so you did pulse cycle, didnt do pct, gyno came up 2 months after then you did pct and then blood work was fine? the rebound gyno should tell you that pulsing was a bad idea then right? well not exactly bad, just saying taht if pulsing requires pct then might as well do a straight cycle.

maybe i will try 3 on 4 off instead of eod in the future (ive never pulsed before). im sick of pct and shutdowns myself.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
elaborate 'hellish'

and

how did gyno pop up 2 months after your pulse cycle, you didnt do pct after pulsing? it was confusing how it was written... so you did pulse cycle, didnt do pct, gyno came up 2 months after then you did pct and then blood work was fine? the rebound gyno should tell you that pulsing was a bad idea then right? well not exactly bad, just saying taht if pulsing requires pct then might as well do a straight cycle.

maybe i will try 3 on 4 off instead of eod in the future (ive never pulsed before). im sick of pct and shutdowns myself.
bump

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I have seen pulsing done in different ways. Ultimately, all you are doing is decreasing the plasma concentration of drug. You could do the same thing by reducing the dose and taking the drug daily but since most orals have a decent half-life, you get build-up in plasma levels with daily dosing. It's really the same thing as injecting esters on a longer time frame versus a shorter time frame. Higher plasma levels can equate to higher efficacy but it can also equate to higher incidence of side effects. Plasma level of drug will also equate to the degree of shut down.

Hate4TheWeak

Hate4TheWeak

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think pulsing is "in most casses" a cop out for people who have no business messing with AAS in the first place to go ahead and do a cycle!!
Having said that I have never done a "pulse" personally and I doubt I ever will. There's just to many cases of "I only pulsed it and my blood work was fuked and I got gyno too WTF". So I think if you want to minimize sides either run something thats mild in the first place, run a lower dose, or run a short cycle!
I see all this bullsht about fcuking pulsing and little to nothing about running a low dose or "burst cycle" for 2 or so weeks. IMO pulsing for 6-8weeks-in some cases longer is just way to long to be playing with your hormones like that. If your scared of ph's and designers sides and gyno then don't do roids it's pretty simple really....... I have spoketh :hammer:

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I think pulsing is "in most casses" a cop out for people who have no business messing with AAS in the first place to go ahead and do a cycle!!
Having said that I have never done a "pulse" personally and I doubt I ever will. There's just to many cases of "I only pulsed it and my blood work was fuked and I got gyno too WTF". So I think if you want to minimize sides either run something thats mild in the first place, run a lower dose, or run a short cycle!
I see all this bullsht about fcuking pulsing and little to nothing about running a low dose or "burst cycle" for 2 or so weeks. IMO pulsing for 6-8weeks-in some cases longer is just way to long to be playing with your hormones like that. If your scared of ph's and designers sides and gyno then don't do roids it's pretty simple really....... I have spoketh :hammer:
Amen to that. The probem is, if you say that you are running a lower dose everyone flames you and tells you how you are wasting your time. I just saw the other day that someone was doing a cycle of Sust 250 mg every 5 days (which equates to 350 mg per week) and there were a bunch of people telling him that it was a waste. I've known people to use 250 mg once per week and have good results and I've seen others use a gram a week and not see much more in way of results but a ton of sides.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Yeah!

GuitarHero

GuitarHero

Awards
I'm just curious about the rebound gyno... did you use an AI pct or something? It just sounds strange that gyno would just pop up 2 months after a pulse like that.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, I just want to know more about what all happened because I'm planning for the cycle after next to be a 7 week pulse of Methyl-E 40mg/30/30 done as 3 on 4 off.

onemind1body

onemind1body

Awards
  • Established
leave the methyl e at home and hit up epidrol, epistane or havoc.
trust me i ran it up hard and still think it sucks
simple post.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
what are some good compounds to pulse other than epi?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Superdrol, Dbol, phera, etc... Pretty much any fast acting oral will work.

Oz u need to use Dbol for that 2 on 2 off thing uve been talking about....i think it would be the only oral worth while (besides from ur gf)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Oz u need to use Dbol for that 2 on 2 off thing uve been talking about....i think it would be the only oral worth while (besides from ur gf)
oh good gosh. Dude, you're sooo ridiculous!

But yeah, I want to do it with dbol, but I'm a bit wary of purchasing any illegal anabolics atm. So, did you see my thread about it? For now I plan on going with phera and epi.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
i have an idea....its based of the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off method...but im cautious to try that method. the idea is pulse epi at 25mg mon-fri for one week sat and sun off, then take the next week off also and start again on the next monday so..
mon tues wed thurs fri sat sun
25 25 25 25 25 off off- total 125mg
next week is off
then repeat
OR
25 25 25 25 25 off off- total 125mg
40 40 40 - total 120mg
tho the second idea might be pushing it

i havnt heard of anyone doing the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.....if anyone can find it or has done it let me know. im trying to pulse this way without getting shutdown...any comments?

Dalamara

Awards
Well here's my experience.

Pulsed Epistane for 6 weeks. Developed some gyno. Had libido issues. Noticeable lethargy. PCT was HELL.

Ran JW for 8 weeks straight, slight lethargy and loss of libido at week 6. No gyno issues. PCT very easy.

Ran 11oxo for 8 weeks and 10mg Superdrol/30mg Epi for three weeks concurrently, no problems whatsoever. No gyno issues. Easiest PCT of my life.

The 6 week Epi pulse I gained 15lbs. JW I maintained weight(cutting). 11oxo/Superdrol/Epi I put on 5lbs(again, cutting).

So, in my experience, if you want to avoid side effects and have a really easy PCT... just run a short cycle. The three weeker of Superdrol and Epi was muuuuuuch easier on my body then the 6 week pulse.

I suspect the gyno caused during my first cycle was a result of the constantly spiking hormones that pulsing created.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
thats weird man...pct was hell for you for a six week epi pulse? im in week 3 no problems, libido is DEF up, bounce back is awesome on off days, strenth is up in some areas but not alot of mass...but i am cutting haha

BeastMode

BeastMode

Awards
pulsing creates a positive rebound in hormone levels which helps to fend off shutting down... for instance SD pulsed 3times per week at 30mg will yeild a total of 90mg for the week, instead of 15 or 20 mg ED which totals 140mg for the week. The reduced dosing limits the body's exposure to the compound and results in reduced side effects in that given period of time. 3 weeks would yeild 420mg on a straight cycle as opposed to 270mg pulsed. Of course, you wont see the same results over the period of 3 weeks, but you will see a major improvement versus not running a cycle at all. Additionally, pulsing enables harsh compounds to be utilized for longer periods of time for instance superdrol over 6 weeks, without the full side effects until later in the cycle, if at all. Everyone will react differently to different compounds as you know. Some people experience the side effects regardless, but from personal experience I have pulsed superdrol and pheraplex together with outstanding results and no side effects. More androgenic coumpounds to be used pre workout and more anabolics used post. My PCT was very easy as I was never shut down and I retained almost all of my gains.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Well here's my experience.

Pulsed Epistane for 6 weeks. Developed some gyno. Had libido issues. Noticeable lethargy. PCT was HELL.

Ran JW for 8 weeks straight, slight lethargy and loss of libido at week 6. No gyno issues. PCT very easy.

Ran 11oxo for 8 weeks and 10mg Superdrol/30mg Epi for three weeks concurrently, no problems whatsoever. No gyno issues. Easiest PCT of my life.

The 6 week Epi pulse I gained 15lbs. JW I maintained weight(cutting). 11oxo/Superdrol/Epi I put on 5lbs(again, cutting).

So, in my experience, if you want to avoid side effects and have a really easy PCT... just run a short cycle. The three weeker of Superdrol and Epi was muuuuuuch easier on my body then the 6 week pulse.

I suspect the gyno caused during my first cycle was a result of the constantly spiking hormones that pulsing created.
Dude...That is REALLY WEIRD. I guess everyone reacts different...Epistane is anti estrogen and supposed to help gyno. Very Mild and not known to cause lethargy, Pulsing is supposed to reduce chances of shutdown yet your PCT was hell????

I pulsed Epistane for 8 weeks EOD and Loved it. Weekends off. No real sides...mild shutdown but went away with advanced PCT on offf days.

I loved Pulsing...I also that the EOD method also gave me margin of error in my training so to speak as I am a very busy businessman & unfortunately sometimes miss my workouts when I do not want to...so no biggy if I did not dose that day.

I kept alll my gains and most of my strength. Definitely miss the skin splitting pumps!! To each his own!!!:chick:

jpk

jpk

Awards
pulsing creates a positive rebound in hormone levels which helps to fend off shutting down... for instance SD pulsed 3times per week at 30mg will yeild a total of 90mg for the week, instead of 15 or 20 mg ED which totals 140mg for the week. The reduced dosing limits the body's exposure to the compound and results in reduced side effects in that given period of time. 3 weeks would yeild 420mg on a straight cycle as opposed to 270mg pulsed. Of course, you wont see the same results over the period of 3 weeks, but you will see a major improvement versus not running a cycle at all. Additionally, pulsing enables harsh compounds to be utilized for longer periods of time for instance superdrol over 6 weeks, without the full side effects until later in the cycle, if at all. Everyone will react differently to different compounds as you know. Some people experience the side effects regardless, but from personal experience I have pulsed superdrol and pheraplex together with outstanding results and no side effects. More androgenic coumpounds to be used pre workout and more anabolics used post. My PCT was very easy as I was never shut down and I retained almost all of my gains.
I'm aware of the debate about pulsing, whether there is more or less fluctuation hormonally. This reply makes the most sense because the half lives of the compounds won't allow for huge interday fluctuations. The vast majority of pulsers love the slow, easy to keep gains and the low sides. Most of us aren't pro athletes or bodybuilders either. We're just working hacks who need a little bump in the hormone dept. Dal's experience is one of the strangest ones I've heard. I couldn't begin to explain the bad pulse symptoms.

Has anybody tried the 2 week on, 2 week off, 2 week on ED pulse method? I think this approach makes a lot of sense for a number of pharmacologic reasons. A lot of guys don't start shutting down much at all by the end of the 2nd week, so this allows for a faster recovery.

One more comment: I did a short pulse about 2 months ago but wasn't lifting, eating or sleeping properly. What a waste! There's no substitue for the basics of muscle anabolism.

shlong

shlong

Awards
Okay, so theres all kinds of opinions as to this. What are your guys' opinions? I personally don't like the idea of my hormones jumping all over the place from day to day, and I feel I would probably have more of an occurence of gyno, shutdown or other issues. So speak up! What's your stand?
Run it solid for 5-6 wks wait 4 days start with 50mg clomid and a 600iu dose of Hcg every 4 day,s for 2 weeks then keep the clo going for another 2 -3 weeks depending on how high your dose was.

poacher

Awards
  • Established
I am on a pulse now. Week 6. gains have been slow small - but steady.feeling NO SIDES. I think pulsing can be done relative to ones goals. More gains = use higher doses expect and prepare for more sides. I like staying on cycle longer. For me the gains are much more sustainable. So far I would have to say the shut down is much more manageable. A superdrol pulse may be a little dffrent.

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
Iv'e had good results pulsing, steady gains and minimal sides. IMO SD is great for pulsing because of its potent nature, I've felt great every time I have pulsed it, however, I haven't ran it straight cycle so it could be that it just agrees with me.

poacher

Awards
  • Established
Iv'e had good results pulsing, steady gains and minimal sides. IMO SD is great for pulsing because of its potent nature, I've felt great every time I have pulsed it, however, I haven't ran it straight cycle so it could be that it just agrees with me.
I would like to pulse superdrol in the future. Would you mind sharing how you dosed it what you ran on off days and how long you stayed on. did you need/do any PCT. Thanks

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I am currently pusling TRN/SD(mdrol) and my cycle looks like this:
SD TRN
m/w/f
3/3/3
4.5/4.5/4.5

6/6/6 0/0/10
6/6/6 10/10/10
6/6/6 10/10/10
6/6/6 20/20/20
support supps: NAC, ALA, Vit C, resv., GSE, GTE, fish oil
I am using TD 6-oxo/7-oh on off days, and plan on running that for another 4 weeks tapered down as a light pct along with nettle root and of course throwing creatine back in the mix. I'm currently in week 4 and feeling great, I may change dosages pending how I feel. My last pulse was 6wk epi/sd and I used HDx2 on off days and light pct (with a few other things, but no serm)- was successful, I feel that shutdown on cycle was minimal.

TOYFORDOLET

TOYFORDOLET

Awards
  • Established
I am on a pulse now. Week 6. gains have been slow small - but steady.feeling NO SIDES. I think pulsing can be done relative to ones goals. More gains = use higher doses expect and prepare for more sides. I like staying on cycle longer. For me the gains are much more sustainable. So far I would have to say the shut down is much more manageable. A superdrol pulse may be a little dffrent.
What compound are you using and are you using an ai on off days and/or doing pct?

poacher

Awards
  • Established
I am pulsing EPI at 30 and X tren at 2 pills. I am on Mon, Tues, Thurs. Off days I take PCS and 25mg of DHEA. I was told to up the DHEA to 50. My goal was recomp. It has been vey successfull. I am in the best shape I have been in 12 years. I am going to run a PCT. It will be 2 weeks of PCS followed by PP - test recovery stack which is Sustain Alpha and 2 other goodies. I feel a little shut down = but nothing even close to like I felt running a full superdrol or X tren cycle. OH my cycle will be 8 weeks. I am seriously considering extending it a few weeks. I have some Prostanzonol. would like to use it to dry/lean out. Dont know how it would pulse. Guess their is only one way to find out. Sure wish test was legal

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 23
Anabolics 5
50Magnum Anabolics 1
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 0