Finasteride

j4ever

Awards
I did a cycle of havoc and furazadrol and i am now having some shedding, i was wondering if anyone has ever taking finasteride for this and was it in liquid form? how much of a dose did you take because 1 ml=5mg,so maybe .25?

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
I did a cycle of havoc and furazadrol and i am now having some shedding, i was wondering if anyone has ever taking finasteride for this and was it in liquid form? how much of a dose did you take because 1 ml=5mg,so maybe .25?
fura and havoc are already 5 alpha reduced steroids, this means that they will not be affected by the 5 alpha reductase enzyme(this is the enzyme that finasteride blocks) so if you have shedding with this steroids its useless using fina with them cause your hair will keep falling

WebDesigner

WebDesigner

Awards
fura and havoc are already 5 alpha reduced steroids, this means that they will not be affected by the 5 alpha reductase enzyme(this is the enzyme that finasteride blocks) so if you have shedding with this steroids its useless using fina with them cause your hair will keep falling

hmm, I see. I did 1 cycle of epistaine which is the same as havoc and I lost hair too. I always wondered if I had taken fina if the hair that I lost would not have been affected but I see it would have fell off regardless.

evolution

evolution

Awards
damn, I'm pulsing Havoc at the moment, and taking some finasteride (1mg) extra to prevent shedding.. thought this would help..

j4ever

Awards
So if fina will not help with shedding what will if anything?

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
So if fina will not help with shedding what will if anything?
nizoral shampoo
topical anti-androgens like spironolactone
hydrocortisone (for some)

there are ways....

and unless a steroid shuts you down 100%, finasteride will still prevent the testosterone you DO have from being reduced to DHT...so it can help SOME. but yeah, it's absolutely useless for any 5A-reduced compound.

j4ever

Awards
ok if the cycle did not make my hair start to fallout from high dht levels then what caused it,low estrogen?

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
ok if the cycle did not make my hair start to fallout from high dht levels then what caused it,low estrogen?
the 5a-reduced steroid ITSELF bound to the ARs in the scalp and degraded the follicle. 5a-reduced steroids of all types (not just DHT) generally have increased affinity for ARs in the scalp, skin and prostate, due to chemical structure. there are exceptions (superdrol comes to mind, as does M1T), but this is true for many of them.

no free lunch!

get yourself some tbol - not 5a-reduced and with the A-ring mod it has very little affinity for reductase enzyme, so there is virtually nil androgenicity.

WebDesigner

WebDesigner

Awards
the 5a-reduced steroid ITSELF bound to the ARs in the scalp and degraded the follicle. 5a-reduced steroids of all types (not just DHT) generally have increased affinity for ARs in the scalp, skin and prostate, due to chemical structure. there are exceptions (superdrol comes to mind, as does M1T), but this is true for many of them.

no free lunch!

get yourself some tbol - not 5a-reduced and with the A-ring mod it has very little affinity for reductase enzyme, so there is virtually nil androgenicity.

what if the person has no access to tbol, what is the closest clone to tbol out there. Maybe Juggernaut Nutrition Oral Turinadrol?? or is that crap?

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
what if the person has no access to tbol, what is the closest clone to tbol out there. Maybe Juggernaut Nutrition Oral Turinadrol?? or is that crap?
halodrol is the prohormone to tbol. very similar effects, although i cant vouch, having not yet used halodrol (i plan to next month. couldnt beat the price at NP)

j4ever

Awards
you are right solarus "no free lunch" i just find it funny that i did a few cycles of roids a few years ago and had no hairloss at all and i take this compound for 4 weeks and i do.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
you are right solarus "no free lunch" i just find it funny that i did a few cycles of roids a few years ago and had no hairloss at all and i take this compound for 4 weeks and i do.
what compound is that?

also, these strong 5a-reduced methyls are actually more powerful than traditional injectables (with the exception of tren, etc)...you'll see most old-timers lament the hairloss effects of winny more often than they do for test/deca....i personally think it's a gradual process, ie. you dont notice as much with injectables because they are generally longer, more gradual cycles.

that said, i dont lose hair on most test cycles...but i did within a week of starting: max lmg, ergomax LMG, M-DHT, M-5aa, etc (not all in one cycle! used at different times over the years)...and the hairloss i experience on EQ isnt nearly as pronounced as it is when i use boldenone base transdermal....so the speed of a compound's effect certainly plays a role, and that is directly proportional to the ester (if any) and the administration method. i say "hairloss" but what i mean is "itchy scalp" which for me is a precursor to it. the fact is i have the same hairline as i did in 2004, but i have worked very hard to make that happen, which includes stopping use of all the aforementioned steroids as soon as the itchy scalp started up.

sorry for the ramble.

j4ever

Awards
ramble on bro its informative,the roids i took in the past are test cyp,deca,eq and anavar with no hairloss and if i had any it was not noticible and it has been a few years since those,the compunds i am talking about that has my hair falling out is havoc and furazadrol stacked for 4 weeks,i did notice some mild shedding at just over 2 weeks into the cycle and like you said my scalp itched like crazy for a couple of days i did not worry about it at the time as i thought that the shedding would stop when i finished cycle and as i said i was just over half way thru but i have been off now for about 2 months and hairline is still recedding and hair on top of head still thinning. When i was researching i don't know how i missed the fact that it could cause this,i geuss its because i was researching lean gains and toxicity. And just to close, i am not prone to mpb.

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
And just to close, i am not prone to mpb.
unfortunately that does not appear to be the case...if you didnt have the gene, you wouldnt lose hair period, unless there was some non-androgenic cause of the hairloss (thyroid, bad hygeine, etc)...the fact that you did lose on a steroid cycle means that you are indeed a carrier.

all is not lost...although steroids do speed up the life cycle of the follicles, often times after a cycle you can still spark the hairs back to life with the right protocol, as the follicle is degraded, but not dead...only when the hairs become SUPER thin are they dormant (i believe they have reverted back to the baby state...not sure though) and then eventually dead....do some research, it may be possible to revitalize the thinned hairs...

j4ever

Awards
hey solarus thanks for the discussion,reason i say that i am not prone to mpb or thought i was not is because no one in family has had thinning hair on father side or mothers,my father passed away at 72 and after several rounds of chemo he still had a fair amount of hair left,mother is now 72 with no thinning and if it is thinning you can't tell,her mother passed away at age 84 with a lot of hair,my fathers mother still alive at age 95 i think, even though i have not seen her in about 10 years last time i did she had plenty of hair anyway thats probably tmi, i am researching this subject throughly.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
hey solarus thanks for the discussion,reason i say that i am not prone to mpb or thought i was not is because no one in family has had thinning hair on father side or mothers,my father passed away at 72 and after several rounds of chemo he still had a fair amount of hair left,mother is now 72 with no thinning and if it is thinning you can't tell,her mother passed away at age 84 with a lot of hair,my fathers mother still alive at age 95 i think, even though i have not seen her in about 10 years last time i did she had plenty of hair anyway thats probably tmi, i am researching this subject throughly.

I believe the best indicator of whether you are prone is your mother's father, as that is where the gene comes from.

Tad50

Awards
so does the hair grow back after you stop taking the prohormone/steroid? Or is the hair follicle permanently damaged/dead?

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
so does the hair grow back after you stop taking the prohormone/steroid? Or is the hair follicle permanently damaged/dead?
it can recover but only with the help of hair support supps and a dht blocker as finasteride , this happens cause the cycle of the prohormone ends but dht comes in again and now it will attack damage follicles and by consequence very weak, so the recovery will be difficult

SOLARUS

Awards
  • Established
I believe the best indicator of whether you are prone is your mother's father, as that is where the gene comes from.
myth. the gene can come from any side or sex....and more importantly, the manifestation of the hairloss is so hugely affected by the amount of T and reductase in your system (among other factors), that someone with the gene can go decades without losing hair, like the OP here.

like nunes said, if you get on a protocol after a cycle, you can preserve the damaged, but not dead, follicles. i've done in numerous times, where my hairs got thinner, but then thickened once i addressed the attack from T or whichever exogenous steroid i was using...

Tad50

Awards
I'm on finasteride ED right now. If do a 3-4 week cycle of havoc, I will most likely experience some shedding (I have MPB in my family). As long as I continue to take finasteride after the cycle, the hair will return to normal?? I also have nizoral shampoo that I can use 2-3 times/week.

Also, I'd love to do Halodrol (or generic versions) as I've heard it's milder on the hairline. But, all the generic companies seemed to have ceased production .i.e. CEL, etc. anyone know of any that still has generic H-50??

Js92

Awards

no free lunch!

Wait question. Are you saying that taking a 5a-Reductase (what is supposed to prevent hairloss) can actually be the thing to ruin your hair?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just get a topical DHT blocker. I'd steer clear of finasteride or DHT blockers in general unless you have a medical condition. If you're only concerned about your hair topical is the way to go.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
when i use boldenone base transdermal
This part really intrigued me. Sounds like a HECK of a novel/great idea.

Please elaborate. Thanks

Js92

Awards
Just get a topical DHT blocker. I'd steer clear of finasteride or DHT blockers in general unless you have a medical condition. If you're only concerned about your hair topical is the way to go.
And by topical DHT blocker you mean Nizoral?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And by topical DHT blocker you mean Nizoral?
There are a few different ingredients that block 5AR topically. Yes, Nizoral but if I were you I would look into Regenepure. It has ketoconazole, caffeine, saw palmetto and a few others. Keto from what I've read seems to be the most effective but the extra additions can't hurt.