im a hard gainer, whats the best and sefest product to use

tryingharder

Awards
im a hard gainer and been thinking of trying m1test, but been reading some worrying things about it. would m1test help me?? can anyone recomend anything else?? im a novise so please go easy with all these terms
thanks for you patiance

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How old are you?How long you been seriously training?Have you discovered the beuty of lots of carbs and protien yet?

tryingharder

Awards
im 27, been eating like crazy, training 3 times per week, im ashamed to say im up to 23% bf. not sure to cut the fat or keep eating to bulk up. also thinking of m1test. any ideas. tryed lots of carbs and protine shakes and creatine. also tryed weight gainers

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im 27, been eating like crazy, training 3 times per week, im ashamed to say im up to 23% bf. not sure to cut the fat or keep eating to bulk up. also thinking of m1test. any ideas. tryed lots of carbs and protine shakes and creatine. also tryed weight gainers

The reason you gained fat is partly because of a "weight gainer". Otherwise I'm guessing it is your diet.....What diet have you been following?. Take a look at your diet journal and total calories....

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
eating like crazy is good for a beginner but, what is your diet generally? As back in the day eating like crazy may have helped gain weight for me, it helped me get fat as well. Now my diet is quite refined compared to then, Crazy with clean food...thats better.

whats your stats though

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The reason you gained fat is partly because of a "weight gainer". Otherwise I'm guessing it is your diet.....What diet have you been following?. Take a look at your diet journal and total calories....
Yep.You need to make sure you have the metabolism for those shakes,and i'm guessing your eating habits.Not everyone can handle weight gainers with fast food,just like not everyone can grow from chicken,fish,turkey,and oatmeal only.Well they could,but they'd have a constant temporary gut from being so bloated.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
I dont think that you are a hard gainer if you 20%bf. Hard gainers dont put weight on what so ever unless they hoard down masses of food. That clearly is not the case here its seems you over ate with poor quality of food. Which in sense lead to the fat gain. As far as training what does your training resume look like? Give us a little more info about yourself and we can send you in the right direction. Personally, I dont think it would be wise for you to take a hormonal product as it will likely be contributed to more fat gain, with a small amount of muscle gain.

tryingharder

Awards
eating like crazy is good for a beginner but, what is your diet generally? As back in the day eating like crazy may have helped gain weight for me, it helped me get fat as well. Now my diet is quite refined compared to then, Crazy with clean food...thats better.

whats your stats though
god, feel like such an novice, but just been trying to eat every 3 hrs, stuff like tuna, meats, peanut butter, but i am weak at times, slack off with a takeaway. im 27 years old, 5ft 11, weigh 13st

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
god, feel like such an novice, but just been trying to eat every 3 hrs, stuff like tuna, meats, peanut butter, but i am weak at times, slack off with a takeaway. im 27 years old, 5ft 11, weigh 13st

So thats about 182 pounds. I don't think your 20% bf at that height and weight...Just seems odd.

tryingharder

Awards
So thats about 182 pounds. I don't think your 20% bf at that height and weight...Just seems odd.
what do you mean, i could be more or less bf? got my reading done in gym should hope its correct

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I dont think that you are a hard gainer if you 20%bf. Hard gainers dont put weight on what so ever unless they hoard down masses of food. That clearly is not the case here its seems you over ate with poor quality of food. Which in sense lead to the fat gain. As far as training what does your training resume look like? Give us a little more info about yourself and we can send you in the right direction. Personally, I dont think it would be wise for you to take a hormonal product as it will likely be contributed to more fat gain, with a small amount of muscle gain.
Very true,it's common for me to eat fast food once a day,and lots of red meat.A decent amount of salmon and lean pork,but not much chicken,it's usually deep fried half the time.I don't know my bf%,but with a shirt on,at my heaviest,you can't tell if i have abs or not.I also agree with t-bone.You likely aren't 20%,unless it's all gut with chicken legs and noodle arms.(such a funny sight,they always wear shorts and cut up sleaveles shirts)

tryingharder

Awards
Well I would think it would be less based on your height and weight. Its just my guess though. Just seems strange to be over 20% at that height and weight.
thanks for your help, the gym will b getting a call in the morning ha ha.

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
what do you mean, i could be more or less bf? got my reading done in gym should hope its correct
if its done by "hydrostatic underwater weighing" is very accurate. If its just an electronic device that uses a pulse from your body then its not accurate at all. But you can still gauge progress using it regularly. Calipers are also not always as accurate since a larger body can spread the fat out along with other little problems.

You can get a much better ability to know your bodys potential if you count calories once in a while using "diet tracker" and how high you are above your BMR

The theory of a hardgainer is that they generally have an abundance of CORTISOL in their body which breaks down muscle and makes weight gain difficult. So if your really 20% at that height i dont think you fit the bill so to speak

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think its that strange. that puts him at somewhere between 182-189. at 182, 23% puts him at 140lbs of lean mass. if he's small framed, thats believable. Would put him at a 10% bf at around 155. He says he's a novice as well, so maybe is pretty thin on the muscles.

Either way, drop more of the bodyfat first. You aren't a "hard gainer" if you got to that bodyfat. a hard gainer would be you at 155-160lbs.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Yea there no way in hell your ready for m1t... Your bf% is just way to high...Not to mention there are better alternatives!

tryingharder

Awards
I don't think its that strange. that puts him at somewhere between 182-189. at 182, 23% puts him at 140lbs of lean mass. if he's small framed, thats believable. Would put him at a 10% bf at around 155. He says he's a novice as well, so maybe is pretty thin on the muscles.

Either way, drop more of the bodyfat first. You aren't a "hard gainer" if you got to that bodyfat. a hard gainer would be you at 155-160lbs.
thats what ill do, ill drop the fat and really try to knuckle down with my diet, and stick to just whey protine and creaine ethyl easter??????????/?

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The theory of a hardgainer is that they generally have an abundance of CORTISOL in their body which breaks down muscle and makes weight gain difficult. So if your really 20% at that height i dont think you fit the bill so to speak
I like this.I might start including a cortisol reducer supp on a regular basis.I have never looked into them but i believe retain2 is one right?Any others that are suposively good?Reps to you!!!

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
I like this.I might start including a cortisol reducer supp on a regular basis.I have never looked into them but i believe retain2 is one right?Any others that are suposively good?Reps to you!!!
lean extreme

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
phosphatidyl serine is the new hotshot among cortisol reducers

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats what ill do, ill drop the fat and really try to knuckle down with my diet, and stick to just whey protine and creaine ethyl easter??????????/?
its really the best bet. Get yourself lean enough that you can tell when you gain a pound how much of it is muscle and how much is fat by just looking in the mirror, and then worry about what you need to add to gain muscle faster.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In the Easter spirit already huh?. Well anyway I would say drop that and use Creatine Mono.
:toofunny:Def go with crea mono.I buy mine for $20.00,181 servings of 100%pure crea mono from vittaimin shoppe,you take 1 serving a day!Theirs nothing wrong with crea mono.Companies just needed to make an excuse to make more money from creatine,so they made ethyl ester,kre-alkalyn,gluconate and many more with a high price tag.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
its really the best bet. Get yourself lean enough that you can tell when you gain a pound how much of it is muscle and how much is fat by just looking in the mirror, and then worry about what you need to add to gain muscle faster.
Could not have said it better....

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
clever guy, whats the differnce???

Supposedly CEE doesn't need a delivery system, that is not the only difference though I don't know the science of it. Its just my opinion that the newer creatines are more of a gimmick. Mono has been around for years and has a proven and more importantly SAFE track record.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You don't want to look like a walruss.(spell check)

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
Supposedly CEE doesn't need a delivery system, that is not the only difference though I don't know the science of it. Its just my opinion that the newer creatines are more of a gimmick. Mono has been around for years and has a proven and more importantly SAFE track record.
if i remember correctly. CEE is actually "less fuctional" than regular mono, someone posted a study, and it ended up being a over hype of marketing. Considering that its supposed to be a major improvement in absorbability from MONO but...i also forgot most of the details so...dont quote me on it lol

Mono is cheap...get it micronised as well. Great stuff

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
you can go bulk 7keto i think. as far as cost efficiancy

ValorOfOne

ValorOfOne

Awards
Not to go off-topic of the already off-topic topic... But..

I just want tryingharder to know that...

The best is very rarely the safest way to go when it comes to things such as this...

I don't think you need a Ph bro, with all due respect.. I think your goals can be obtained through dedicated cardio and a strict diet. If you have that much body fat, I wouldn't see any issue with you being able to gain muscle, unless you had an underlying cause I am unaware of... ( I am not a physician.. Just giving my opinion.)

Hope it works out for you, keep trying hard! ;)

V

305Rob

Awards
I agree with most of the others.I cannot consider you a hardgainer with your weight and bf%.As a first step,I would like you to consider switching your training to 5 days a week if your schedule allows.You will see better gains, i guarantee you.Just as important,if not more you need to improve/bring up your diet to optimal levels.
Whats you typical daily food intake look like right now?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with most of the others.I cannot consider you a hardgainer with your weight and bf%.As a first step,I would like you to consider switching your training to 5 days a week if your schedule allows.You will see better gains, i guarantee you.Just as important,if not more you need to improve/bring up your diet to optimal levels.
Whats you typical daily food intake look like right now?

More training doesn't equal better results or more results.....

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
More training doesn't equal better results or more results.....
It will speed his fat loss though.I beleive he has decided to concentrate on that first.As he should.

305Rob

Awards
It will speed his fat loss though.I beleive he has decided to concentrate on that first.As he should.
Exactly,it starts off with keeping his body more "active" for 5 days versus 3 days of the week.The bodys metabolism adjusts and will speed up.Lean muscle mass will also go up as a result to more training,which will contribute to burning more fat.Again this is only the first step,diet and cardio need to get looked into.

IMHO i dont recommend you use creatine until the bf% goes down some.

Tryingharder you an ecto,endo, or mesomorph?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Just keep weights the same and add some cardio a few days a week. Lower calories. Thats it, don't add lifting days, that will just end up making him overtrained. It won't add muscle mass, it will put him in a catabolic state if he adds more training days. Plus you don't know what his workout looks like. He may be training to long already. Some people make the mistake of training too long. Seriously he could add cardio 3 times a week, separate from weight workouts and on oposite days. Take in 200 calories less per week and check you weight at the end of each week. If your losing at least 1.5-2 pounds per week your fine. Keep intake the same. If not slowly reduce calories by 100 per week till you are losing. If you start losing strength add calories slightly, but not to much. It is a balancing act....

jpk

jpk

Awards
I knows this sounds repetitive, but bloodwork can be useful in diagnosing the presence or absence of a variety of endocrine dysfunctions. At age 27 you should have the right juice in your veins to accomplish your fitness goals. Good Luck

MrDiode

MrDiode

Awards
eat. clean.
above maintenence.
low reps. high weight.
hiit car-di-o.

win.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just keep weights the same and add some cardio a few days a week. Lower calories. Thats it, don't add lifting days, that will just end up making him overtrained. It won't add muscle mass, it will put him in a catabolic state if he adds more training days. Plus you don't know what his workout looks like. He may be training to long already. Some people make the mistake of training too long. Seriously he could add cardio 3 times a week, separate from weight workouts and on oposite days. Take in 200 calories less per week and check you weight at the end of each week. If your losing at least 1.5-2 pounds per week your fine. Keep intake the same. If not slowly reduce calories by 100 per week till you are losing. If you start losing strength add calories slightly, but not to much. It is a balancing act....
He said he's going to try and lose fat first,not gain muscle.you are correct,we dont know what his training looks like,but if he's truly 23% bf or close,i'm willing to bet he's not traing too long.I would also like to add,hardgainer,that if you add training days,you're going to change your lifting style.Do more of a split routine.I train either 3,4,or 5 days a week,this changes with my training style.What t-bone said is def a good option too.It's all up to you.

305Rob

Awards
Obviously many different points of views and opinions on this.The reality is that EVERY-BODY is different.In the long run only you will learn how your body best responds thru different training and diets.

You never answered me as to which body type you are.

You dont have to worry about becoming catabolic unless you are an ectomorph like myself(which i doubt with your stats).Protein synthesis and nutrient absorbtion just sucks for us ectos.

Bottom line is you need to change diet,do cardio, and train frequent/consistant.The fastest results for body recomposition will come from training 5 days a week followed by cardio right after you train,9/10 pro trainers will agree.