prohormones and antibiotics

andyamerica

Awards
This is my first post here. I am about one week in for a halodrol and bold stack. I am also dosing some e-form throughout. I started getting sick yesterday and got a z-pack (strong antibiotic) from my doc today. Will this effect the hormones in my body or just gut health? Is there anything else I should be aware of? Thanks guys

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't be surprised if it's toxic to your liver.I dont know if it is or not.You can google to see,it seems most meds are to an extent.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
This is my first post here. I am about one week in for a halodrol and bold stack. I am also dosing some e-form throughout. I started getting sick yesterday and got a z-pack (strong antibiotic) from my doc today. Will this effect the hormones in my body or just gut health? Is there anything else I should be aware of? Thanks guys

You may just have methyl flu. I got that too with straight Hdrol. Ride it out, you'll be fine. Unless you have a really high fever or nausea, I bet you'll feel better in a few days even without an antibiotic.

That said, you may actually be sick. In which case you need to consider terminating your cycle and getting healthy. I personally would not take the antibiotic on cycle. Either stop the cycle and get healthy, or up your vitamin C intake to give your immune system a boost and push through it. If it is methyl flu, you should be past it by day 12 or so.

Good luck.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Studies have shown that certain antibiotics can interfere with hormone absorption in the GI. This is a possible mechanism of action for their interference with birth control pills.

This has only been shown to be an issue with one particular antibiotic that I'm aware of, Rifampin.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Several years ago when methyls became mainstream (M1T, etc.) some people reported getting sick within the first 2-3 weeks of their cycle. Bobo and other legacy members used to be very active, and I remember some of them recommending vitamin C and other basic supplements to boost the immune system before, during, and after cycle. I think they said that the methylated compounds taxing the liver coupled with the increase in workout intensity would have a negative impact on the immune system. It happened to me once, but it was also the cold/flu season.

I'm not a big fan of antibiotics and only use them IF I am 100% certain that I need them. Did your Dr. tell you why he prescribed the z-pack?

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Several years ago when methyls became mainstream (M1T, etc.) some people reported getting sick within the first 2-3 weeks of their cycle. Bobo and other legacy members used to be very active, and I remember some of them recommending vitamin C and other basic supplements to boost the immune system before, during, and after cycle. I think they said that the methylated compounds taxing the liver coupled with the increase in workout intensity would have a negative impact on the immune system. It happened to me once, but it was also the cold/flu season.

I'm not a big fan of antibiotics and only use them IF I am 100% certain that I need them. Did your Dr. tell you why he prescribed the z-pack?
Hepatic dysfunction can manifest with flu-like symptoms as well. Something to keep in mind while using these liver toxic compounds.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
If it is associate with a high/abnormal fever then i'd say your actually sick. If you just "feel" like you have the flu but no real symptoms other than "feel" then it's probably the ill-famed prohormone flu.
Did your Doc check the temp? Why did he/she recommend the z-pack? You must have had several key symptoms...

At any rate, if you ARE SICk, advice has been given. You should def get well before continuing. Id rather get well, and lose 5-7 days than to continue while being sick and set myself back 2.5 weeks or so...