EAS vs. ErgoPharm's 1-AD?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just came across this and was wondering if anybody, especially those who have used 1-AD, can chime in. Just curious:

"Just the facts about 1-AD

Q: I’ve been hearing about a new pro-hormone supplement called 1-AD. It’s supposed to be seven times more powerful then testosterone, with none of the usual side effects. What do you think about this stuff?

A: I think ErgoPharm’s marketing department should be congratulated. Using classic guerilla marketing techniques (i.e., posting multiple commentaries about 1-AD on a variety of bodybuilding chat sites and message boards) ErgoPharm, in cooperation with LPJ Research Inc., has done a great job at turning an interesting product concept into a virtual urban legend. Without making claims for which they could be held liable, they have managed to insinuate exactly the information you mentioned above. And to many people this has become fact. But, what are the facts, really?
Fact #1: Patrick Arnold, who is the president of LPJ and brains behind this product development, is clearly a bright guy with a vast history in and a passion for pro-hormone supplement development.

Fact #2: 1-AD (1-androstene-3beta, 17beta-diol) is a metabolic precursor to 1-testosterone.

Fact #3: 1-testosterone is chemically very similar to testosterone, and cannot be aromatized to estrogen due to the small difference in structure.

Fact #4: 1-testosterone has been shown—in one preliminary study back in the 1960s—to possibly be 700 percent more myotrophic (anabolic) than testosterone.

Fact #5: Due to its chemical structure, 1-AD would be more resistant than most pro-hormones to being broken down in the liver—thus making it more likely to be orally active.

Fact #6: 1-testosterone is even more chemically and metabolically similar to dihydrotestosterone (DHT—the stuff that promotes prostate enlargement and hair loss) than it is to testosterone.

Fact #7: 1-AD can freely convert to DHT in the body.

Fact #8: There is no conclusive research demonstrating that 1-AD converts to 1-testosterone when taken orally by humans.

Fact #9: 1-testosterone, while possibly highly anabolic, is similarly highly androgenic.

Fact #10: Real world muscle building effects of 1-testosterone have never been scientifically demonstrated in humans.

Fact #11: No human research has of yet been done to assess the actual chemical and anabolic effects of taking 1-AD.

Fact #12: Fairly severe GI and urinary side-effects have been noted by users of 1-AD.

Fact #13: At its cheapest a month supply of 1-AD would cost you $180.

End analysis: This is an interesting product concept with no direct scientific support of its effectiveness. If and when they get some research going to demonstrate that 1-AD does indeed convert to 1-testosterone when taken orally, and that this 1-testosterone truly does stimulate muscle growth, and that the probable conversion to DHT can be controlled, and that other hormonal systems aren’t adversely affected it may be worth trying. Until then, I’d spend your hard-earned cash elsewhere.
"

This is on the EAS website, in case any of you are wondering.

If 1-AD is an all-natural precursor to Test, then why would there be any need to worry about having a SERM, instead of just using something like AI's Cycle Support and Post Cycle Support? ErgoPharm states that the possible sides of DHT (i.e. hair loss) are very slim to none, there is no water-retention, and zero chance of any aromatization.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1-AD is a precursor to 1-Test, not Test and it is a very effective PH.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
1-AD is a precursor to 1-Test, not Test and it is a very effective PH.
My bad. Thanks for the correction.

From what I've been reading, this is 700% more potent than Test alone. I've heard several people say that it's only banned because of how powerful and effective it truly is.

ErgoPharm claims that it's all-natural, so would a SERM be necessary?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My bad. Thanks for the correction.

From what I've been reading, this is 700% more potent than Test alone. I've heard several people say that it's only banned because of how powerful and effective it truly is.

ErgoPharm claims that it's all-natural, so would a SERM be necessary?
I would use a SERM. It was the PH that lived up to expectations.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would use a SERM. It was the PH that lived up to expectations.
I'll be sure to keep this in mind. Thanks again for your input. I do appreciate it.

Others are welcomed to chime in. Just curious as to what others think about 1-AD.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
By all-natural I'm guessing that they mean it's not an active steroid outside of the body. But once that stuff gets converted, well, it's just 'roidy time all up in ya.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
By all-natural I'm guessing that they mean it's not an active steroid outside of the body. But once that stuff gets converted, well, it's just 'roidy time all up in ya.
I believe they label it as 'orally bioavailable.' Therefore, your explanation makes plenty of sense.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You might want to delete that post as it is asking for a source.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
You might want to delete that post as it is asking for a source.
ok deleted , thanks
but I was not really asking for a source, I just don't believe there`s still ergopharm 1-ad with a valid expiration date on the market...

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok deleted , thanks
but I was not really asking for a source, I just don't believe there`s still ergopharm 1-ad with a valid expiration date on the market...
There is. It's just banned in the US. It's not wiped out of existence because of the ban.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
you`re mistaken its not from ergo its from pacific coast.
Ergo have discontinued the product...
i saw it just today on a UK web site. kinda steep though. i need to do some more research on this stuff.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you`re mistaken its not from ergo its from pacific coast.
Ergo have discontinued the product...
I meant Pacific Coast. Thanks for the correction. I must've accidently been looking at the ErgoPharm bottle, but have clearly been referring to the PC brand. Thanks again, though.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
i think its the pacific coast brand because i just saw a photo of the ergo 1-ad and it was a slightly different bottle. The ergo bottle was only $28 a pop. seems cheeeeeeeep

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is a "MUSCLEGUY" selling it on another site. I guess that's you? lol...
Several people have confused him and I. That's not me. He's also selling the 1-AD for a very expensive price. I've found it for so much cheaper. I was thinking about chatting him up until I found another site.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Several people have confused him and I. That's not me. He's also selling the 1-AD for a very expensive price. I've found it for so much cheaper. I was thinking about chatting him up until I found another site.
u often chat up other guys dont you :run: