H-drol question

buster12

Awards
Hey guys, i heard you take H-drol 1 in the morning and 1 preworkout. Pre workout i take NO explode. Should i take h-drol with my pre workout meal? Also should i take it on an empty stomach , like 20 mins before the meal?
Also, what are the perfect support supps, as well as PCT. I heard over the counters pcts are fine for H-drol. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Depending on how you work out, if you work out in the evening, take one in the morning and one one hour pre-w/o. If you work out in the morning take one one hour pre-w/o, and the other a few hours later w/ a post w/o meal. Remember to take it with a fatty meal, or some kind of healthy oil to aid absorption.

CompEdgeLabs

CompEdgeLabs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, i heard you take H-drol 1 in the morning and 1 preworkout. Pre workout i take NO explode. Should i take h-drol with my pre workout meal? Also should i take it on an empty stomach , like 20 mins before the meal?
Also, what are the perfect support supps, as well as post cycle therapy. I heard over the counters pcts are fine for H-drol. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
It is best to take 1 capsule twice daily spaced out 8 to 12 hours apart. Doesnt need to be pre-wokrout.

My personal PCT is ATD, 7OH, and Silymarin.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
halo wont shut u down hard so i would say ur good to go with OTC pct. for me DRive was the best thing ive ever used in AID with my usual SERM. and try to spread them out as CEL said ( r u a rep or what bro ) about 8 hours apart

CompEdgeLabs

CompEdgeLabs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
halo wont shut u down hard so i would say ur good to go with OTC post cycle therapy. for me DRive was the best thing ive ever used in AID with my usual SERM. and try to spread them out as CEL said ( r u a rep or what bro ) about 8 hours apart
I work for the company. I dont have it in my sig because we arent a sponsor here. I was told by mods that I could post to answer questions but not promote so I try to help out where I can. Also, hopefully we will be sponsoring soon since we have some non ph stuff coming soon.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
cool cool. i always liked CEL ill be looking forward to ur non ph stuff cause alot of the OTC stuff bores me.

CompEdgeLabs

CompEdgeLabs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
cool cool. i always liked CEL ill be looking forward to ur non ph stuff cause alot of the OTC stuff bores me.
Thanks. We are hoping to release at least 3 new products over the next two to three months.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
dam sounds sick ill keep my eye out

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This compound is methylated, so it's actually better to take on an empty stomach...you still need to be sure to take your EFAs throughout the day though.

Non-methylated PHs are the ones that should be taken with a fatty meal to help aid with absorption.

For support supps I would suggest looking into Anabolic Innovations Cycle Support.
Chocolate or Peanut Butter
Servings Per Container60
2 Servings Provide:

(All Extracts Are Standardized)
Red Yeast Rice 1200mg
NAC 1200mg
Silymarin (Milk Thistle Extract) 1000mg
Hawthorn Berry 1000mg
Saw Palmetto 300mg
Nettle Root 250mg
Celery Seed Extract 150mg
Idebenone 100mg(Analogue of CoQ10 that is not a pro oxidant)
Policosanol 20mg

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It is best to take 1 capsule twice daily spaced out 8 to 12 hours apart. Doesnt need to be pre-wokrout.
what's the half life of h-drol? I thought the half life was days for this product; meaning that you shouldn't have to split the dosage.

CompEdgeLabs

CompEdgeLabs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
what's the half life of h-drol? I thought the half life was days for this product; meaning that you shouldn't have to split the dosage.
Some people make that argument for it. Splitting the dosage 8 to 12 hrs apart if my personal preference and also the company stance. Figure it like this, if the half life is a day, still no harm in splitting it.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This compound is methylated, so it's actually better to take on an empty stomach...you still need to be sure to take your EFAs throughout the day though.
with methylated compounds (like everything else) doesn't food simply slow down the digestion process? if that's the case, would it really matter if it's taken with food? (again, long half life for this product)

BTW: I'm not argueing any case...simply want to understand the logic behind these kinds of decisions.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just did some research and from what I read the half life for h-drol is 16 hours, is that correct?

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Stxnas is correct. Doc says to take any Methyl on an empty stomach and wait at least 15min or so before eating. Methyl compounds have extremely high bioavailability and I believe Halo to be close to 100% just as OT and other orals are hence nothing could enhance the absorbtion only interfere.

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Stxnas is correct. Doc says to take any Methyl on an empty stomach and wait at least 15min or so before eating. Methyl compounds have extremely high bioavailability and I believe Halo to be close to 100% just as OT and other orals are hence nothing could enhance the absorbtion only interfere.
So don't worry about taking Methyl's with fats, omega's, peanut butter, ext.??

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I always read to take methyls on an empty then wait 10-30 minutes before eating. Non methyls or other supplements are good to take with fats, juice, etc. because of the low bioavailability but with methyls having perfect or near perfect bioavailability there's no need. Taking a methyl on an empty stomach will ensure it's absorbed fully without interference from other substances.

P.S. Schisms cool

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Makes sense. I've always wondered why people say to take super, epi, phera ext. with fats seeing as how they are methylated. I just figured it was cause super would eat a hole in your stomach or some sh!t.

You da man Ziq-co!!!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's quite easy to understand the confusion surrounding fats with methyls and non-methyls (it confused me at first too).

As we all know, methylation is strictly done for absorption purposes. Hormones are fat soluble (like dissolves like) and taking a methyl with a fatty meal poses the threat of excreting some of the active that was ingested with the fat.

Non-methyls have poor bioavailability, so you actually get more of the active by taking it with a fatty meal than without.

Maximum bioavailability with c-17aa orals is noted when taken on an empty stomach, not with food. Given their mildly lipid soluble nature, some of the steroid may wind up getting excreted with undigested dietary fat if taken with food.

young4life

Awards
  • Established
Makes sense. I've always wondered why people say to take super, epi, phera ext. with fats seeing as how they are methylated. I just figured it was cause super would eat a hole in your stomach or some sh!t.

You da man Ziq-co!!!
Epi is not methylated right?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Epi IS methylated, but it and Halodrol seem to be somewhat less toxic than most other methyls...they're still more hepatotoxic than a non-methyl though.

Proper ancillaries should still be taken while on a cycle of either. IE Anabolic Innovations or some other type of support supp that includes liver protection.

Last edited:

young4life

Awards
  • Established
Epi IS methylated, but it and Halodrol seem to be somewhat less toxic than most other methyls...they're still more hepatoxic than a non-methyl though.

Proper ancillaries should still be taken while on a cycle of either. IE Anabolic Innovations or some other type of support supp that includes liver protection.
Just trying to follow up on the proper timing of ingestion of H-Drol and Epi. Looks like without food with Epi also correct?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Correct

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What support supps are you taking? Some are better taken spread out from the PH (more or less the liver protectants like milk thistle). It's not that big of a deal though if it becomes to cumbersome to be constantly dosing something every couple of hours.

Oh, and you're welcome!

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established

Non-methylated PHs are the ones that should be taken with a fatty meal to help aid with absorption.

For support supps I would suggest looking into Anabolic Innovations Cycle Support.
Thats news to me. I always took them with food...hmmm...I was always afraid to irritate my ulcers.

young4life

Awards
  • Established
What support supps are you taking? Some are better taken spread out from the PH (more or less the liver protectants like milk thistle). It's not that big of a deal though if it becomes to cumbersome to be constantly dosing something every couple of hours.

Oh, and you're welcome!
I'm taking Cycle Support two weeks before cycle and throughout cycle. Going to add in p-5-p.Three days to go.
If I go with H-Drol, PCT will be CS, PCS, MassFX. At the start of week 3 I'll add Restore and (maybe) 6 oxo.

If I run Epi, it will be tamoxifen, MassFX, and at the start of week 3, Restore. Will run MassFX and Restore 2 weeks pass PCT. I have the regular stuff already. ( Creatine, Flax oil ect.)

What do you think?:thumbsup:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats news to me. I always took them with food...hmmm...I was always afraid to irritate my ulcers.
It's true. Hormones are lipophilic, so they're fat soluble. This is advantageous for non-methyls due to their low bioavailability, but works against methylated hormones.

There have been studies that show cissus might help with ulcers, so try taking your methyls with cissus instead of fats.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm taking Cycle Support two weeks before cycle and throughout cycle. Going to add in p-5-p.Three days to go.
If I go with H-Drol, post cycle therapy will be CS, PCS, MassFX. At the start of week 3 I'll add Restore and (maybe) 6 oxo.

If I run Epi, it will be tamoxifen, MassFX, and at the start of week 3, Restore. Will run MassFX and Restore 2 weeks pass PCT. I have the regular stuff already. ( Creatine, Flax oil ect.)

What do you think?:thumbsup:
The Cycle Support pre-loading looks good.

What's the P-5-P used for in this case? This is one of the B-Vitamins, right? (just curious)

As far as your HDrol pct goes I don't understand the use of two aromatase inhibitors (6 oxo and Restore). Is your 6 oxo the original or the new one? Either way, I would probably stick to just the 6-oxo in this case and save the Restore for a later cycle (especially if you have anything with progestinational tendencies in your stack). It's really your call when to add the AI to your pct as this really comes down to personal preference and who you talk to about it.

Same stuff goes for the Epi cycle. Figure out which you want to run and how much of each you'll be dosing...and then we'll keep moving forward from there!

...and thanks for supporting Anabolic Innovations!

young4life

Awards
  • Established
P-5-P is a form of vitamin B6. I understand it helps with protein matabolism and offers some gyno/prolactin protection while on cycle. Talking to other members, I will not be using the 6oxo during post cycle therapy.

Looks like I will be running Epi.
10/20/30/40
I weigh 215. Does this dose look about right?

I will be using CS through PCT also.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
10mg is a very low dose of Epi. Maybe just do 10mg for the first couple of days or even just start out at 20mg.

You shouldn't have to worry about gyno or prolactin, but P-5-P is cheap, so why not.

Like I said, aromatase inhibitors in post cycle therapy has been a debated topic and there are followers of each camp. What will you be using for post cycle therapy then and at what doseages?

young4life

Awards
  • Established
Nolva, MassFX, CS thoughout post cycle therapy. At the start of week 3, I'm going to add Restore.

Nolva week 1 day 1 - 3/40mgs 4 - 7 30mgs
week 2 20
week 3 20
week 4 10
Going to run MassFX and Restore 2 weeks pass post cycle therapy.
I will be using MassFX and Restore at recommended doses.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oops, sorry, I managed to forget that we went over that earlier. I still don't understand why you're adding Restore two weeks in, but decided against 6-oxo...? Restore is an aromatase inhibitor (amongst other things).

young4life

Awards
  • Established
I'm using it for its anti estrogen, cort and prolactin blocking effect. What do u suggest? I'm all EARS.

I also have some Retain 2.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I personally feel that adding an AI to PCT is unessary. Not to mention very risky with Epi & Super compounds IMO. Epi is a steroidal AI basically and it works in part the same way AI's do. Having aromatase blocked for the length of a cycle and then adding more AI suppression could very well lead to delayed gyno. A few docs here & on other boards as well theorize this is where delayed gyno came from with the Super compounds too. It's very logical. If you have a serm on hand IMO there's no need for an AI it will just cost more on your wallet plus maybe provide added risk for future gyno problems.

young4life

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone for the input. Restore is out.

Sorry buster12, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, you guys answered for me!

The Retain 2 could be saved for later or added about two weeks into your pct. Take one dose upon waking and the other about 4-6 hours later.

young4life

Awards
  • Established
Thanks stsnas, ziquor - thanks everbody. Day one starts tomorrow.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just thought I would bump this with an update since a few of you were asking:

By William Llewellyn

Take With Food?

Q: Is it better to take steroid pills with meals or on an empty stomach? Prescription drugs often say to take them one way or another. I can't find any mention of this with steroids, and I think I've read every steroid book from every author I could find. If you can't answer this I don't know who can. So, any idea? Does it matter which way you take them?

A: Yes, there's a difference. Steroid hormones, even when they don't have esters, are still considered lipid- (fat) soluble compounds. They basically like to dissolve in fat more than they do water. If you take a fat-soluble hormone with a meal, particularly one with a high fat content, some of the steroid is going to get dissolved with the fat in your stomach. This is, again, a natural property of the steroid. Some of the fat you ate may go undigested, which will ultimately reduce the overall bioavailability of the steroid hormone by preventing some of it from being absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract (and transported to body tissues).

I looked for a long time for some reference to this and finally found mention of a study that took place several decades ago with stanozolol. The experiment administered an equal amount of hormone to two groups of animals. One group received the drug mixed with their food, and in the other, it was administered directly into the animals' stomachs via a feeding tube (on an empty stomach). The drug indeed had a considerably stronger effect on promoting nitrogen retention (a measure of protein synthesis) when it was given on an empty stomach. Seems like very strong support for this position.

So taking your pills on an empty stomach does seem best- at least when it comes to the standard c17-alpha-alkylated (most) oral steroids. If you want to be really meticulous, you can also take your pills with a glass of water, which will help their absorption a little by facilitating the breakdown of tablets and binders and aiding in the transport of the hormone. Chewing the pills before swallowing will also help, again through rapid breakdown and transport to the GI tract. Also, exercising soon after taking your pills draws blood away from your stomach, which could slow or lower drug absorption. Try not to train right after taking them if you can.

Of course, the advice of taking your pills on an empty stomach wouldn't apply to those oral steroids that rely on lymphatic transport, or absorption of the drug by the lymphatic system (with dietary fat) to bypass the liver. Lymphatic delivery is occasionally used with unprotected (non-c17-alpha-alkylated) steroid hormones, although this isn't a common method of steroid delivery. It won't be of relevance with most pills and the only drug really like that now is Andriol (testosterone undecanoate). At one time, however, other lymphatically transported agents such as Maxibolin (ethylestrenol) and Anabolicum Vister (quinbolone) also circulated on the black market. Bodily utilization of drugs like these may actually be aided by consuming them with a high-fat meal.
...still not real 100% one way or the other with the non-methyls though. It appears that low fat might be the way to go. Too much fat might risk the compound being excreted.