Is This Comparison Bullsh!t?

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
There are several older threads questioning the hepatoxicity of methylated steroids to alcohol.. well I came across this article and it says the following?!

"This methylation does wonders for increasing oral bioavailability and how long it remains in the system, but in terms of liver health the chemical is extremely damaging. In bodybuilding nutrition circles it has been said that for every 10 milligrams of a methylated hormone like superdrol taken the effect on your liver is equal to 10-15 shots of hard alcohol a day."

Any opinions on that? Does that sound appropriate to anyone? People who pulse 30 mg's of super are taking the equivalent of 30-45 shots?! -- an amount that could EASILY kill a human being? We all know it's not good for your liver but come on.. scare tactic?

Legal steroids can cause serious health risks for athletes - Sports

If that link doesn't work, Google "Legal steroids can cause serious health risks for athletes" and then click on "Cache" beneath the result..

Last edited:
pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah,and its the alc. poisoning that would kill someone at 30-45 shots,not liver failure.My dads a big drinker,been drinking since 15,and the legal age was 18 when he was young.He still drinks everyday,all day on vacations,and will start pretty early on weekends or for games.he's 45 now and when he gets his physicals,they tell him his liver lipids are a little high,but a beer in the last week would cause that,and he drinks regularly up untill the physical(not the day of)I personally think the liver damage from alc and methyls is overrated,the liver does repair itself,unless you push it too far.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
John Gonet says,

It is common now to look around a gym and see a number of guys who have put on twenty pounds of muscle within two months. You can tell who they are. They usually have a bloated, puffy look, and act as if they are God's gift to the world. Although they are easy to spot, many have no clue to what they are taking. Many don't know the consequences these quasi-legal drugs have on their bodies.
I found his picture online too:

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
My interpretation is that when they write "the effect on your liver is equal to", they dont mean all things associated with drinking that much liquor, I believe they are trying to equate the 'stress' put onto your liver into some relevant terms people may understand. I will neither agree or disagree with what I believe is their assumption/estimates, but I will say Ive seen guys over the years with yellowish eyes, unusual skin tone/color and severe bloating and cramps/backpumps. And having seen this, I also believe its entirely possible that 'certain' orals put an unbelievable, even unmeasurable amount of stress on the liver. If you read some of the posts here or on other boards, there have been a number of people who cannot tolerate even 10mg of superdrol due to the immediate onset of side effects.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While I don't disagree with you, this guy seems to have some issues...It's one thing to attack sd and M1T, but it's another to make sweeping generalizations about those using them.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I see what your saying as well, but the connotations he seems to want carry over from extreme amounts of alcohol into the world of steroids is intended to take advantage of the harmful things people associate with excess alcohol.. especially when you read in context of this anti-steroid article

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I must have been blinded by my roid rage, lol...

...I hear you guys, I just hate when people make generalizations.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Well this is apparently a young college writer that is hopefully still learning how to research an article before writing. I could rip the errors in this article for an hour, but frankly I'm tired and I've only read the first 2 pages (which is enough - John, don't talk science with out referencing a source for you stats or facts.).

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i like his how it's said in bb circles quote......well that proves it!