What is going on in the US???!!!WTF

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. What is going on in the US???!!!WTF


    Hey guys, read this. wtf is going on here.

    FDA Announces Plan to Eliminate Vitamin Companies


  2. back when my dad was working with max muscle he was telling me about this. the fda is out of control.
    •   
       


  3. The FDA and America is out of control. Don't take me wrong, I am 100% American, but I hate the direction the government is heading. Every action the government makes is based upon extending there power and influence and increasing profits, all while making the general masses easier to control. There is so many more important and more life affecting issues out there that our government could be focusing on, but instead they want to take down supplement companies and worry about harmless steroid users.

  4. This is only a small part of the corruption and greed rampant in the world. Were embarking on a crazy ride to the destruction of humankind and the world we live in. I dont get the incessant need to accumulate money and die rich at the cost of ruining lives.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by drewh10987 View Post
    The FDA and America is out of control. Don't take me wrong, I am 100% American, but I hate the direction the government is heading. Every action the government makes is based upon extending there power and influence and increasing profits, all while making the general masses easier to control.
    Good post.
    •   
       


  6. Yeah this is so fuc!ed up. It seems like the FDA's easily becoming one of the most corrupt branches of the US gov't. Like how there's prescription drugs available in Canada & other countries that are made by the EXACT same companies in most cases and always with the exact same formulations as US "FDA approved" meds - but in Canada & other countires they're 50% or more cheaper. It'd be great for seniors on a fixed income and those without insurance who can't afford their meds but the US/FDA says it's illegal to import these meds even though they're the exact same thing only much cheaper. Why? Because even though they're identical meds, since they're not manufactured in the US, the FDA/US gov't doesn't make a percentage off of them like they do off of the ones that are made in the US here. Yet the FDA gives the reason to why this's illegal as being 'since they're made in another country they may not be safe.' Yet most are made by the same US based company with 100% the exact same formula & process. I don't even wanna get started on this...

  7. to me there is nothing wrong with this. Who here wants to take supplements that aren't tested by the manufacturer, are put together in a facility that doesn't need to be checked ever by an outside authority, and by a mom and pop operation who if it happens they mislabel something or cross contaminate don't have enough money to sue to be able to cover your medical costs?

    I know I don't. I think this sort of thing is a good idea.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    to me there is nothing wrong with this. Who here wants to take supplements that aren't tested by the manufacturer, are put together in a facility that doesn't need to be checked ever by an outside authority, and by a mom and pop operation who if it happens they mislabel something or cross contaminate don't have enough money to sue to be able to cover your medical costs?

    I know I don't. I think this sort of thing is a good idea.
    People have the rights to choose an inferior manufacturer, i can be fat dumb and illiterate. If we were protected and advocated for by our governments for health reasons we would not purchase over the counter addictive carcinogens.

  9. I think if the FDA wants to approve and test vitamins & supplements that could possibly be a good thing when it comes to quality & the consumer. Though I think they shouldn't force people to go their way only and in the end we should be left with a choice.

  10. Again the cigarettes have the warning on the side. Are you saying the supplements should have a warning "this bottle may or may not have the ingredients listed on the label in it" ?

    It is a significant issue of consumer safety when you don't know what is actually in the product. Look what even happened recently within the bodybuilding community. Competititve Edge Labs sold a batch of M1,4ADD that wasn't. It tests similar to DHEA, but that is after the fact. What if it had been something heavily carcinocenic, or far more liver toxic? Strychnine even. CEL would close down before a lawsuit from a death, and would probably just reopen with a new name. Not quite the way i want my "health supplements" to work out

  11. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Again the cigarettes have the warning on the side. Are you saying the supplements should have a warning "this bottle may or may not have the ingredients listed on the label in it" ?

    It is a significant issue of consumer safety when you don't know what is actually in the product. Look what even happened recently within the bodybuilding community. Competititve Edge Labs sold a batch of M1,4ADD that wasn't. It tests similar to DHEA, but that is after the fact. What if it had been something heavily carcinocenic, or far more liver toxic? Strychnine even. CEL would close down before a lawsuit from a death, and would probably just reopen with a new name. Not quite the way i want my "health supplements" to work out





    Cheers to you my friend!. That is one of the best posts I have seen in long time!.

  12. Its the difference of being older. I don't want to give my 3 year old "Organic food based vitamins" that happen to have some mercury or lead in them because they used crappy equipment or never tested their raws

  13. I dont mind the FDA setting higher standards for supplement companies. I will flip out if they decide to BAN nutritional supplements.

  14. Quality control needs to be there definitely but when they hijack vitamin companies so they can 'quality control' stuff that's already ISO approved for quality it's obvious what their intentions are. ISO standards are actually more strict than the FDA's own process in some cases. It's always been the American way to have a choice. You always get what you pay for and most people (me included) are willing to spend a bit extra to be certain the quality is there. I just don't think people should be forced to. Otherwise I'd move to North Korea. PH's are strange topic when it comes to quality control. I think most realize it's only a matter of time before all the most popular PH's are banned. If I were a betting man, which I'm not though, I'd say before summer without a doubt. The heats already on certain companies by the fda.

  15. It's not that I don't think their should be regulations and standards for supplements. I just see this as a first step in a chain of events that is going to have a very negative effect on the supplement community.

  16. I think part of my problem is I feel that if the FDA is more involved in the supplement industry, then its going to be a lot harder for companies to put out PH's and DS's. So yes regulations might make things safer, but for someone who wants to use these kind of products, I can definitely see the end approaching. Personally I think that real gear is always the better route anyways, but I still like the option/availability of the over the counter anabolics.

  17. I'm with ya Drew. I'm not trying to argue on here, these are just my opinions and like *******s everyone has one, or so goes the saying. Good commercial with Big Ben during the Superbowl, you from Pitt?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Brian5225 View Post
    Hey guys, read this. wtf is going on here.

    FDA Announces Plan to Eliminate Vitamin Companies
    Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you... -Nirvana

    "I read it on the internet - it MUST be true!!!"

    If you want reliable news, you should strive to find a source that isn't so radically slanted in one direction or the other - that story was EXTREMELY biased, which means they will tend to ignore facts and/or present their opinions as fact.

    Ask yourself "Is the government really going to allow them to put someone like the makers of Centrum or Vitamin C tablets out of business?"

    Think about whether or not something makes sense before believing it.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Ziquor View Post
    I'm with ya Drew. I'm not trying to argue on here, these are just my opinions and like *******s everyone has one, or so goes the saying. Good commercial with Big Ben during the Superbowl, you from Pitt?
    I'm not personally from Pittsburgh, but all my family is and no that commercial was terrible. None of the guys I was watching the game with were Steelers fans and they all gave me hell about it the rest of the night.

  20. Yeah of all the commercials BB had to do that one. And Phil, I'm young enough to be an ignorant prick but yet old enough to the point where I only believe what I want to anyhow so I'm a lost cause. Besides after I found out about you & my mom I haven't been the same.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by drewh10987 View Post
    The FDA and America is out of control. Don't take me wrong, I am 100% American, but I hate the direction the government is heading. Every action the government makes is based upon extending there power and influence and increasing profits, all while making the general masses easier to control. There is so many more important and more life affecting issues out there that our government could be focusing on, but instead they want to take down supplement companies and worry about harmless steroid users.
    Nailed it. I couldn't have said it better.

  22. The FDA needs to shut down the Research Chem labs/sites and mandate a proper ingredient profile regulation sanction upon supplement companies. The abuse has to stop.

  23. Just wanted to make an interesting point here guys...

    Say "hypothetically" the fda decide that all nutrional supps have to be tested by them before release....

    ...Well, slap me if im wrong (which i may be), but wouldnt that mean that before any supplement can be released it would have to undergo trials (i.e 1-4 years) before being allowed to be released?

    For example something like a simple NO product (contains a varying amount of herbs, chemicals etc) but has not previously been tested to be safe by the FDA. Take creatine for example, the fuss that causes, you just know they'd have to do some stupid 4 year trial on it, before it is available for release.

    Im pretty sure most if not all companies would go under, as it costs hell of a lot to get anything tested and approved.

    AXs 3-AD is a prime example of the speed of these FDA things....
  24. Arrow


    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Its the difference of being older. I don't want to give my 3 year old "Organic food based vitamins" that happen to have some mercury or lead in them because they used crappy equipment or never tested their raws
    Let me introduce you to the FDA "regulated" pharma business.


    ...
    Rick Roberts, a San Francisco resident, has experienced the horror of counterfeit drugs. The 40-year-old, who teaches at the University of San Francisco, purchased Serostim, a growth hormone used to combat wasting in AIDS patients from a CVS ProCare pharmacy in the Castro in late 2000.

    After noticing a burning sensation at the injection site as well as some subtle changes in the packaging, he brought up those concerns to his pharmacist in January 2001.

    He was shocked to learn from his pharmacist that he could have possibly received a fake version of the drug. It took six anxiety-riddled months to determine that the substance he injected -- a fertility hormone and a pediatric dose of the growth hormone -- wasn't harmful. - SOURCE: "Counterfeit drugs hit pharmacies" by Victoria Colliver SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE Sunday, August 3, 2003

    AND

    CVS Corp. said yesterday it would stop buying drugs from wholesalers that use middlemen in an effort to crack down on counterfeits infecting the drug supply.

    The disclosure comes several weeks after the country's second-largest drug distributor said it would curb the trading of pharmaceuticals with secondary wholesalers, and three years after a 16-year-old liver transplant patient was injected with a fake version of the Epogen drug bought from CVS.
    ... - SOURCE: "CVS takes step to keep fake drugs off shelves" by Jenn Abelson BOSTON GLOBE May 25, 2005

  25. Quote Originally Posted by datBtrue View Post
    Let me introduce you to the FDA "regulated" pharma business.
    I'm not sure how thats relevant. Its not products put out by a licensed company, its criminals trying to make a fast buck with fact products.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotato View Post
    Just wanted to make an interesting point here guys...

    Say "hypothetically" the fda decide that all nutrional supps have to be tested by them before release....
    The testing they are talking about is ingredient assays. That what is on the label is what is in the product, and ALL that is in the product. Not pharmaceutical grade clinical testing.

  27. If the FDA's true intent, without any hidden agenda, is to sort out the unethical companies from the supplements' industry, then it would be a great service to consumers, not just in the USA, but also worldwide. If, however, the true motive is to directly or indirectly protect the entrenched interests of Big Pharma, then it should be construed as a dangerous move that would eventually drive up the cost of supplements by a significant factor. It is hard to tell what exactly is on the FDA's true agenda in this case and at this point in time. Time and the FDA's actions would make things clearer.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  28. Seems to me that if you look for signs of conspiracy you can find them in any action.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    If the FDA's true intent, without any hidden agenda, is to sort out the unethical companies from the supplements' industry, then it would be a great service to consumers, not just in the USA, but also worldwide. If, however, the true motive is to directly or indirectly protect the entrenched interests of Big Pharma, then it should be construed as a dangerous move that would eventually drive up the cost of supplements by a significant factor. It is hard to tell what exactly is on the FDA's true agenda in this case and at this point in time. Time and the FDA's actions would make things clearer.
    Great point. Unfortunately I see the monetary interest being the true motive behind this. Sadly however, I don't think that there's many government projects/actions that aren't in somehow financially motivated in one way or another.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Seems to me that if you look for signs of conspiracy you can find them in any action.
    Probably. Yet, I am not after identifying probable conspiracies. I am only being pragmatic. It would be naive to assume that Big Pharma would be happy seeing the supplements' industry introducing innovative compounds and products that translate into lower sales and margins for them (Big Pharma). Who would insist on a medication (from Big Pharma) for high blood pressure, for instance, if a combination of Anabolic Innovations' Cycle Support, Post Cycle Support, and, say, Cocoa Polyphenols, and Omega-3 Fatty Acids, would do the same job? Just an example. Even without being a conspiracy theorist, it may be enough to just consider how many senior FDA officials leave the FDA to take on lucrative positions in Big Pharma to understand that vested interest (and, to an extent, conflict of interest) may be at work.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. what is going on with ace-031
    By ckey111 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 11:05 PM
  2. What really gets you going on in the gym ?
    By ReaperX in forum Supplements
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 11:36 PM
  3. What the hell is going on with the weather!!
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 07:47 PM
  4. Someone please explain what is going on
    By jminis in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Log in
Log in