help on picking a PH?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
ok, a little history here: i'm 31 years old. I've been lifting for two years now. I am 5'9" 171 lbs. I have a very slender build, so i look big at 171 lbs. To give you a better idea, my mom is 5'5", she just turned 62 and weights 101 lbs. i eat 3500 calories a day (dirty). I get about 500g of carbs 225g protein, the rest from fat. i have tried weight gainers, with little success, and i'm ready to accept the fact that i can't gain any more weight. My last resort, is to find a prohormone maybe that will increase my appetite. I've tried superdrol (clone), gained 1 lb from the cycle. I've tried pro magnon 2x a day and gained 1 lb as well. Tren Extreme packed on 6 lb on me, but i can't find it anywhere now, and don't know if the knock off product "xtreme tren" is any good. i work out 6 days a week for about 50 min a workout - all supersets since i don't like to waste time when i'm training. i work out each body part twice a week, doing 4x10 on almost every exercise. any help on a supp that would help would be great, or maybe what i'm doing wrong. thanks in advance!

p.s. i do NO cardio. also i am joining the Police Academy, so i can't take anything illegal. shady grey is OK though.

current supps:
ON whey protein
ON serious mass
One a Day multivit
creatine mono

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
check out epi-max/havoc/epidrol/epithin-e....all pretty much the same and very popular these days

i dont see how u only gained 1lb after a superdrol cycle....what did ur PCT look like??

and if ur getting 3500 "dirty" calories a day thats not nearly enough....i probably consume 3000 clean calories and about 2000 dirty calories a day

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks for your reply nosnmiveins. the Superdrol clone i took was Fast Acting or Fast Action. either way it sucked. didn't have any strength gains, didn't have any mass gains to mention. In fact when i came off, i didn't crash. I firmly believe i got a bunk bottle or batch. I also heard rumors that i should have bumped my Pro Magnon up to 3x a day for any gains, so i'm kinda ticked off about all that wasted money. as far as diet, i just can't really eat any more. there's no room in me for more food. i did notice with "tren extreme" by ACL i ate two double double's at in-and-out, and 45 min later i hit up subway for a 6 inch sub. i don't think i can honestly eat any more than i do without being on a good PH, preferably one that might be known to increase appetite, if such a beast exists...?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
i hear that Xtend (bcaa's) make some ppl hungy. i dont notice anything because its a habit of mine to kind of force feed myself....i eat whether im hungry or not.

some others are superdrol (M-drol), halodrol (H-drol),pheraplex (P-plex) which are clones made by CEL and they have good reviews

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
kk - will give havoc and h-drol a shot. thanks for your input.

Y

young4life

Awards
  • Established
5'9 at 171 working out 6 days a week doing 4x10 sets and reps per exercise. You sound just like me until I cut down on the amount of work I was doing in the gym and changed my eating habbits. Now I'm 210. Try cutting back on that 6 day split and go to a 3 or 4 day split. Use a rep and set range of 3x6-8 on big body parts and 3x8-10 reps on small ones. Over the last 3 years I've put on over 30 pds just by eating right and training right. Yes now I am concidering something like M-Drol but that's after I addressed everything else.

Get a bottle of flax-seed oil and have 2 or 3 tble spoons per meal. That will help get those cals up.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Did you have any luck with Black Hole, Easy?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
lol.... i'll give almost anything a shot - so long as its not from Fast Acting or Fast Action. thanks for all your advice guys, i appreciate all the help i can get on this.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never used it, I can put down 6000 cal in a day if I needed to :) but i've heard a few people who had issues with truly just eating enough say that it helped. Even superdrol won't make muscle out of thin air, so its better to get the food part down first :)

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
5'9 at 171 working out 6 days a week doing 4x10 sets and reps per exercise. You sound just like me until I cut down on the amount of work I was doing in the gym and changed my eating habbits. Now I'm 210. Try cutting back on that 6 day split and go to a 3 or 4 day split. Use a rep and set range of 3x6-8 on big body parts and 3x8-10 reps on small ones. Over the last 3 years I've put on over 30 pds just by eating right and training right. Yes now I am concidering something like M-Drol but that's after I addressed everything else.

Get a bottle of flax-seed oil and have 2 or 3 tble spoons per meal. That will help get those cals up.
:goodpost:

You are overtrainging big time. Every body part twice a week? how on earth do you recover in time. And you super set everything? I really think you need to adjust your whole trainging regime. Definitely try lower reps with heavier weights and consentrate on th big compound lifts. PH's are not your answer. It may take some time but you need to organise your diet better as well. Once you see the kind of calories required to increase your weight you can design your meals around this. If 3500 doesnt move your weight then go to 4000. I'd be sorting out your diet and trainging before you even think about trying any PH.

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
yeah just to chime in on the aussie's comment. you'll definately need to look into a new workout plan. I work with a guy(at a gym) who does chest and back every other day. I'm like wow, word? then again he's a soccer player but still. I couldn't imagine working my back more than 2 times a week, since i go so heavy all the time.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
as far as recovery goes, i almost never feel a burn the next day from working out, but sometimes i do. usually the burn goes away before i've gone to bed for the night. the pump might last for a few days though. i thought i might be overtraining, but i'm not 100% sure since everyone's body is different. I have NOT been sick in two years, even though both my kids get sick 4-5x a year, and am not depressed in the least. should i still cut back to working out 4x a week?

sorry - i don't mean to come across like an A$$ - this just goes against everything i've heard about overtraining. obviously i want your advise or i wouldn't be posting.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
as far as recovery goes, i almost never feel a burn the next day from working out, but sometimes i do. usually the burn goes away before i've gone to bed for the night. the pump might last for a few days though. i thought i might be overtraining, but i'm not 100% sure since everyone's body is different. I have NOT been sick in two years, even though both my kids get sick 4-5x a year, and am not depressed in the least. should i still cut back to working out 4x a week?

sorry - i don't mean to come across like an A$$ - this just goes against everything i've heard about overtraining. obviously i want your advise or i wouldn't be posting.
Well put it this way, it can't hurt to try a new routine for the next 3 months or so. You could even check out a 5 x 5 routine. Working out 4 times per week is not going to result in your muscles disappearing. I think thats most people biggest fear hence the everyday workouts. I would cut out the supersets as well. Although they can be great for a good burn, doing them every workout doesn't allow you to lift maximum weight each and every set. Spend some time in the Exercises and Nutrition thread and find yourself a new routine. Have you added up your daily calories? Do you really know if your hitting 3500 calories per day?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
lol... two of the days i do a tweaked version of the 300 worrkout, but using the powerlifter 3. this workout has given me the greatest mass gains in the past when i plateau, but i don't know what days to give up if i keep this and cut down to 4 days a week. 300 workout as follows:
squats 5x10 - 155 lbs (my legs suck)
deadlift 5x10 - 155 lbs
bench 5x10 - 205 lbs (yes, pecs are WAY overproportionate)
clean and press 5x10 30 lbs (kettlebell)
pull up 5x10 unweighted
floor wiper 5x10 135 lbs (ab workout)
(tri set - 25 min from start to finish)

thats twice a week, then twice a week i do legs/back for supersets, once a week chest/shoulders, once a week arms. which two should i loose? i might be able to skate by with one legs and back and one "300", thats about all i can figure out.

Y

young4life

Awards
  • Established
That's too much work IMO. Try a 3 day split for a while to give yourself a break then go to a 4 day split if you like. I workout on Tue, Thur, Satur and, Sun. Before this I was on a 3 day Tues, thurs and, Satur split.

Also, cut the reps and sets down.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
That's too much work IMO. Try a 3 day split for a while to give yourself a break then go to a 4 day split if you like. I workout on Tue, Thur, Satur and, Sun. Before this I was on a 3 day Tues, thurs and, Satur split.

Also, cut the reps and sets down.
I concur.. My original plan for my current training regimen called for 4 days per week, but I just can't do it. I can tell I'm not recovering properly after each workout, so I cut it down to 3 per week.. Which is much nicer. I may go back to 4 during my next cycle though :twisted:

B

Behemoth1

Awards
  • Established
mentally, i couldn't only go to the gym 3 days a weak. i wouldnt know what to do with myself haha. my 1, sometimes 2 off days are torture as it is

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
mentally, i couldn't only go to the gym 3 days a weak. i wouldnt know what to do with myself haha. my 1, sometimes 2 off days are torture as it is
I throw in low-impact cardio to help offset the crap feelings that come with not training.. for me, I'm more confident, outgoing, and such when I'm training consistently.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
k - will cut down to 4 - will loose 1 back/leg day, and one "300" day and see what happens. think HAVOC is the PH i will try, since H-drol is not in stock. Guys, thank you a lot for your help. Also, no offense to anyone who said i don't need a PH, but when you have chicken legs, and a 27 inch waist, you have to do something to jump start your system. thanks again for all your great input. will also try black hole and see if i can eat more too.

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
k - will cut down to 4 - will loose 1 back/leg day, and one "300" day and see what happens. think HAVOC is the PH i will try, since H-drol is not in stock. Guys, thank you a lot for your help. Also, no offense to anyone who said i don't need a PH, but when you have chicken legs, and a 27 inch waist, you have to do something to jump start your system. thanks again for all your great input. will also try black hole and see if i can eat more too.

if you still have chicken legs and still doing the same routine i would switch things up. i like to fullbody 5x5 routine for about 6 weeks then change to a hypertrophy routine for 6-8 weeks. you need to change thiing s to keep the body adapting. i used the 300 routine on a client before but not all the time. i would do it once a week at most. you can also try DC training. for appitiete enhancement i never tried black hole but i have used grub-on and that sh*t made hungry non stop plus it last a long time.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
witt, thanks for your advise as well as everyone else. i'm trying to rotate different leg workouts into my routine because they are so far behind. 171 pounds and most of it is upper body. legs are weaker than s&*t, and my upper body is over developed - my triceps are my avatar, so maybe i can just do arms twice a month.

R

Rico1

Awards
If u want big legs squat squat squat and eat eat eat no ph is goin to do anytin if u dont eat

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
no offense rico, but if 6 meals a day + 800 calorie pre workout shake + 800 calorie post workout shake + casein, olive oil and fish oil before bed 600-700 calorie shake don't do it, i'm not sure what will. eating more is probably easier said than done. appologize for sounding like a douche last post when mentioning my triceps (i'm sure everyone knows what an arm looks like)- just using it for reference.

currently trying to go up in weight in all movements 4x6, then 4x7 next workout, etc. once i hit 4x10 i add 5 more pounds for DB and 10 more pounds for BB and start over at 4x6. legs are still gaining strength as i haven't done them ever until 4 months ago when i first started them. at 31, its hard to get them to catch up since i got a naturally declining test amount, hence why i'm considering PH's. still think HAVOC is the way to go, since more than one person as said it stimulated their appetite. thoughts?

R

Rico1

Awards
Thats how the game works bro to be big you gotta eat big. Also change your workouts to most once a week each bodypart 3 to 4 day split. I have friends who were on aas and they didnt even workout twice a week. And make sure ur getting enough sleep. Remember you dont grow in the gym you grow when you are resting from the food that you supplied to your body. Try staying 45 in the gym and focus more on compound movement ex squat, bench, deadlift. Change up your routine once in a while. And just eat, even when ur not hungry eat the meal. I went from 6" 1, 170lb, to 240lb 14%bf in about 2 years. All natural no ph or aas just eat