2 weeks on and 2 weeks off?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guys I know this has already been discussed at times here but I was wondering what everyone's opinions were on cycles of PH/PS that are done as two weeks on followed by 2 weeks off (during which PCT protocols are followed) as a method of maintaining LBM while cutting? Is it effective? How long can it be done for untile cycling totally off?

Thanks.

Mr.50

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
never done it for cutting but i am sure you could cycle like that as long as YOU want. The gains will come each time since you are taking some time off. I have heard of 2wks on 4 wks off though.

never know until you try, looks like nobody knows, so give it a shot and let us know.

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
ya i too have only heard of the 2 weeks on 4 weeks off. but i guess the 2 on 2 off could make since. cause it's kind of like a half ass cycle then a half ass rest, half ass cycle half ass rest. not sure if it's healthy. but give it a try. what were you thinking about using. you said a ph/ps right?

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
ya i too have only heard of the 2 weeks on 4 weeks off. but i guess the 2 on 2 off could make since. cause it's kind of like a half ass cycle then a half ass rest, half ass cycle half ass rest. not sure if it's healthy. but give it a try. what were you thinking about using. you said a ph/ps right?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I seem to respond well as far as LBM gains to almost all ph/ps but I was thinking Epi or Phera (I have used both in the past). I have tons of problems cutting and when I do lose weight it seems like it is often times losing a lot of lbm along with the fat so that the compositional changes are not really that great after. This way I figure I might be able to keep the LBM better while still on a strict cut.

I started a strict cut on December 26th and I am down about 5lbs now so thats not bad but I think it will slow down going into the next month (less water and glycogen loss). I do a carb refeed usually one out of 7 days but some weeks when I feel really depleated I do 2 out of 7 (usually the weekend).

I might give it a shot. I just (about 2 weeks ago) ran Propadrol at 90mgs and M4OHN at 24 mgs per day but only for 2 weeks. I was making good progress and planned on running the cycle longer (it was mild and I wanted to give the M4OHN more time to kick in) but I was getting some mood change side effects (common for me with ph/ps/aas). So I had to drop it. Thats why I was thinking maybe about running a few cycles in a row 2 wk on 2 wk off. Maybe I will go with 2wk on and 3wk off to give the body a little better rest. Then take a good 6 - 8 weeks off before summer.

Mr.50