Can statins (Zocor, Lipitor, etc.) reduce gains while on a cycle of PH?

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I'm getting ready for my 1st cycle ever of PH's. I've thought about it alot and did my research. I decided to go with H-Drol just because it's one of the 'milder' ones, plus getting so close to spring obviously lean mass is really important. Just standard 50mg/day for a month followed up with 4 weeks of generic Nova 4,3,2,1 - (and of course cissus, powerfull, retain, etc) along with liver care before & after, etc. I'm 31, 220lb/bf-13.5% and have been working out for about 11 years. I've been at somewhat of a plateau for a bit. I typically eat 6-7 meals per day, clean diet but not perfect. I'm in normal or 'good' health you could say. I'm not too worried about short-term sides really. But the thought of anything long term is of course on my mind. I have access to Lipitor & Zocor both (long story). And I wondering could these cholesterol lowering meds, if take on cycle, negatively impact gains? I wonder because I know there's a correlation between cholesterol and test production. Secondly I have an order in for my nov with an est delivery time of 4-5 weeks, if anyone knows an easier & faster (us) option any pm's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys...

dice404

Awards
4 weeks of generic Nova 4,3,2,1
just to make sure, that's nolvadex (tamoxifen) dosed 40mg, 30mg, 20mg, 10mg right?

I'm not positive on this, but i think that zocor and lipitor may increase liver enzyme values, which would be very undesirable while on a cycle of a methyl steroid. Personnally, I would go with cycle support by AI, it contains pretty much every support supp that you need. That should cover cholesterol and your liver. Eat like a horse and enjoy your first cycle gains!

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Support

Thanks! And yes you're correct about the tamoxifen. I've seen SO many supplements over the past few months they're all startin to look the same. But the Cycle Support looks great. And as far as how the statins are metabolized I never even thought of adding liver strain. These boards have been incredibly helpful. Thanks for the info!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 63
Anabolics 30
Anabolics 13
ozzie1987 Nutrition / Health 1
35 and Older 14