READ if you take aromitase inhibitors and lots of zinc

BEEFY

Awards
Thought the was a worthwhile fact to post.

I wikipedia random things and just learned Aneurysms are caused by a copper deficiency. I never knew that. Guys are more likely then girls to have an aneurysm because estrogen help you absorb copper. Also, Zinc competes with absorption for copper.

Copper deficiency is rare as iare aneurysms. But most guys aren't on aromitase inhibitors and abusing zinc to help kick start their balls either. I would hate to wake up dead......that would suck!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Copper deficiency is not as rare as you might think.

It's essential for the formation of Superoxide Dismutase, and one of the reasons I used it in NOxidant. Using NO supps and ED treatments will increase demand for copper.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man, Wikipedia is as reliable as a can of poop!

Seriously, Copper deficiency is on the rise from 40 years ago. We just discussed this very issue in class. Some argue that everyone's urge to load teir bodies with vitamins and herbs is causing an adverse affect on their off-spring. The source that was provided to us was a Harvard study that was just released last week. I will try to scan it and post it.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Man, Wikipedia is as reliable as a can of poop!

Seriously, Copper deficiency is on the rise from 40 years ago. We just discussed this very issue in class. Some argue that everyone's urge to load teir bodies with vitamins and herbs is causing an adverse affect on their off-spring. The source that was provided to us was a Harvard study that was just released last week. I will try to scan it and post it.
You should update the wiki entry with your source. Wikipedia only sucks if you allow it too.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
You should update the wiki entry with your source. Wikipedia only sucks if you allow it too.
Yeah, then some moron changes it back.

Remember when Sinbad (the comedian) 'died' recently, well at least according to the great wiki...

I think that its proof that 1000 monkeys with keyboards CAN type something legible.

Now off to chew on some pennies.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, then some moron changes it back.

Remember when Sinbad (the comedian) 'died' recently, well at least according to the great wiki...

I think that its proof that 1000 monkeys with keyboards CAN type something legible.

Now off to chew on some pennies.
If you cite your source, someone will change it back after reading the changes. Never trust a wiki page without bibliography and always check a few of the references to make sure it's valid.

Wikipedia is like any media, don't trust it as a soul source of information.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I take 50mg of zinc a day. Would it hurt for me to take a cooper supplement. I read the article below and makes me want to take a copper. I have MVP which makes me think cautiously with the zinc.

Mitral Valve Prolapse

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
According to BAC "Those taking more than 35mg of zinc or many products sweetened with fructose or sucrose may need 2mg supplemental copper several times per week. An important antioxidant nutrient at low doses, however it can become a free radical generator when excessive."

I supplement with Zinc (50 mg to 100 mg), thus I also supp with Copper.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On a side note, I notice a pronounced increase in libido from copper supplementation along with the zinc I get from my multi and ZMT.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
What food sources are rich with copper?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
On a side note, I notice a pronounced increase in libido from copper supplementation along with the zinc I get from my multi and ZMT.
I get then same from Zinc

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
According to BAC "Those taking more than 35mg of zinc or many products sweetened with fructose or sucrose may need 2mg supplemental copper several times per week. An important antioxidant nutrient at low doses, however it can become a free radical generator when excessive."

I supplement with Zinc (50 mg to 100 mg), thus I also supp with Copper.

How much copper and what frequency? How long have you been supplementing with copper?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get then same from Zinc
Yes, but what I get is an initial increase with zinc that wanes until I hit up the copper....then it kicks back in ful force.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pennies hidden in cakes... :toofunny: Did anybody else ever have coins hidden in cakes as a child? Yea, I had a weird upbringing.
i was just thinking the same, could swallow a penny a month or something like that :)

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I couldnt find the exact quotes but I believe poliquin recommends a very high amount of zinc for his athletes...

Now, I don't want to sound like a doomsday granola-head, but there's a lot of things you can control when it comes to this. It's not just one factor causing the lower androgen levels, it's a combination.

One of those things you can control is your low level of zinc. I have never seen normal levels of zinc and magnesium with my first time clients. Say what you will about Victor Conte, but when he came out with ZMA, he solved America's two greatest deficiencies: zinc and magnesium.

Restoring magnesium level is a bit more complicated than just using pure ZMA. Restoring zinc is fairly easy; it really doesn't take that long. Restoring magnesium levels can sometimes take four times longer. If you're deficient in magnesium then you can't sleep well. About 68% of the American population complains of some sort of sleep disorder, and that's due largely to magnesium levels. That's why people who start taking ZMA will sleep better.

Some studies will show that 58% of the population is zinc and magnesium deficient. Other studies show 75%. But I can tell you that with the athletic population or with anyone who exercises four or five times a week, it's 100%. Usually you can correct a zinc deficiency in a non-athlete at 30mg a day for eight weeks. With the athletic population, we sometimes need to bring the dose up to 180mg a day for two months and then start to taper.

How can you tell if you're deficient? Well, you most likely are! But there is a very cheap test you can do to be sure. You buy this stuff called Zinc Tally, which is basically liquid zinc. You put it in your mouth and if you're normal it tastes like a liquefied metal car bumper. But when we ask the athletes who come into my centers what it tastes like, they'll say it tastes like water. They're so deficient they can't perceive there's any zinc in the solution.

Once they rebuild their zinc level, they can barely keep the Zinc Tally in their mouth. If they have to practically spit it out after eight weeks, then we know their zinc levels are normal.

In short, although age 31 is when we see things start to "fall apart," many of these things can be prevented by maximizing androgen levels through the means discussed above.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but what I get is an initial increase with zinc that wanes until I hit up the copper....then it kicks back in ful force.

Wow, same exact thing here. I just bought copper and will start taking copper today. We must be depleting our bodies of copper with the Zinc, maybe this is why my sex drive goes up then back down. I must be losing copper due to the excess zinc.

Does copper deplete any other mineral? What about magnesium depleting any other mineral?