Taking Naproxen while on epistane

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
How much worse would the Naproxen be for the liver?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I'd be more concerned for renal issues.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Oh Kidney problems.. do you think this will be a big concern?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean by renal issues?
Kidney related. NSAID's have a higher incidence towards renal issues rather than hepatic problems. Although, if taken as directed you should not have any problems.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Kidney related. NSAID's have a higher incidence towards renal issues rather than hepatic problems. Although, if taken as directed you should not have any problems.
Ic, Well im currently taking 500mg twice a day. And im planing on running the epistane for 4 weeks and probably not going over 30 mg's/day

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
Try smoking a joint. It's what Barry Bonds would do!

And of course... Ahnold :)

"It's not a drug... it's a leaf"

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I guess one question is why you need to take aleve every day. It’s strong stuff. I may be wrong, but the last time I checked I think the directions are to take 1 250mg tablet twice a day. I’m inclined to say if you take it as directed I don’t see an issue, but I think you’re already taking twice the dose.

Back in 2001 I had a pretty bad injury that even percocets (sp?) weren’t enough. I think I was taking something like, 12 aleve a day for about 6 weeks. Whatever it was, it was a lot. I wouldn’t recommend it, but I’m still alive. My renal function test back in 2004 came back OK. There is some thought (but I don’t think proven) that NSAIDs, like aleve, may have a similar effect to cortisone in that it can weaken tendons.

Lately, I’ve been using Cissus as an analgesic and it appears to work pretty well. Possibly, it can help reduce your need for the aleve.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i too have opted to use super cissus instead of advil and its worked wonderfully. my biggest concern with using any nsaids was the inhibiting of muscle growth, wich i feel is conter productive when trying to build muscle or recover from an injury with any kind of quickness, id much rather use something that has a similar effect and encourages anabolism.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
It has been prescribed to me for my arthritis.
With that said i am not going to go nutty on my cycle.. its going to be very light and im taking concern on my joints.

Currently supplementing with Cissus, and lots of fish oils.

On cycle will be the same accept with the addition of Milk thistle.

My doctor condons my weight training but she has said to be very easy on the lower half... so this cycle will be for mostly upper body strength, with some light leg work.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
Do keep in mind, however you try and avoid lower half work, you're going to be carrying weights too and from the rack. Your joints remember every step, even if you don't :)

That being said, if you can manage baths in things like epsom salt/sea salt/bath salts of some kind, and get some light cardio, like distance walking or something like that, add in some MSM/Glucosamine, you'll be good.

Glucosamine will also roughly double your semen output, if you're like me and find things like that useful. I have various joint aches and I like glucosamine a lot... once you are on it for a week or two you'll stop needing the NSAIDS as much.

Also, get yourself some ZMA, which is zinc and magnesium, and take it before bed... the magnesium helps with back and joint pain.

Normally, I give advice without knowing WTF I'm talking about, but I have some fairly regular aches and pains from taking martial arts and that kind of thing.

Also, Aspercreme is your friend. It is one of the best pain relievers I've ever used.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
I never heard that before -- can anyone confirm this?
For about $10 a bottle at walmart, you can confirm it yourself. Even if it doesn't do that for ya, it will at least help the aching joints ;)

It also takes it from an off white to a very bright milky white.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Do keep in mind, however you try and avoid lower half work, you're going to be carrying weights too and from the rack. Your joints remember every step, even if you don't :)

That being said, if you can manage baths in things like epsom salt/sea salt/bath salts of some kind, and get some light cardio, like distance walking or something like that, add in some MSM/Glucosamine, you'll be good.

Glucosamine will also roughly double your semen output, if you're like me and find things like that useful. I have various joint aches and I like glucosamine a lot... once you are on it for a week or two you'll stop needing the NSAIDS as much.

Also, get yourself some ZMA, which is zinc and magnesium, and take it before bed... the magnesium helps with back and joint pain.

Normally, I give advice without knowing WTF I'm talking about, but I have some fairly regular aches and pains from taking martial arts and that kind of thing.

Also, Aspercreme is your friend. It is one of the best pain relievers I've ever used.
Awsome advice here, i really appreciate it man. I going to go pick up some Glucosamine/ msm tomorrow and start on it right away as i hear it takes a few weeks to kick in as you said. You are also right on track with the light cardo, I have been doing the stationary bike once sometimes twice a week as my doctor directed me to do.

Thanks again for the advice

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
Awsome advice here, i really appreciate it man. I going to go pick up some Glucosamine/ msm tomorrow and start on it right away as i hear it takes a few weeks to kick in as you said. You are also right on track with the light cardo, I have been doing the stationary bike once sometimes twice a week as my doctor directed me to do.

Thanks again for the advice
No problem. Let it be said I made at least 1 good post out of however many hundreds of useless posts lol

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I'll second the advise on the glucosamine. I take it with condrointin, never tried msm. Something I've found very helpful is stationary biking. I started doing it as therapy after busting both my quad tendons about 7 years ago. I used to have a lot of knee pain from too much running and lifting. Currently, I have no pain with biking and lifting. My family doc, based on his patients' reports, believes it works, too.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
How much Glucosamine and Chondroitine were you guys taking?
Was it spread out three times/day?

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
I take 1.5 tabs of Now brand which comes to 2.0 glucos. and 1.5 gm of condoit. I also take about 6 gm of fish oil (supposed to be good for osteo-arthritus, you can probably find something in Pub Med) and Cissus as needed. The problem I have with Cissus is some advise to take on an empty stomach, which doesn’t happen too often.

DB