Do not take Tylenol (acetaminophen) with Prosteroids

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Do not take Tylenol (acetaminophen) with Prosteroids


    Tylenol is a very liver toxic compound according to this latest report from the amazing Life Extension Foundation. If you care about your liver, please stay away from Acetaminophen products including Tylenol, especially when taking prosteroids. The people who they site have died are people who have not eaten and taken tylenol (can you say dieting). I can only imagine a kid who drinks, takes his usual dose of XYZ-Drol in the morning and 3 tylenol...receipe for disaster!

    The joke is that the Govt will tell you that steroids cause liver toxicity yet Tylenol is worse on your liver than any of the prosteroids.

    http://search.lef.org/cgi-src-bin/Ms... rd=tylenol%20

    Also, there is this one:

    "Tylenol Damages Liver, Even at Recommended Doses

    The pain reliever acetaminophen may cause liver damage in healthy adults, even when used at recommended doses, according to a recent report.5

    When men and women took 4 grams of Tylenol, equivalent to the maximum recommended daily dose of eight extra-strength Tylenol tablets each day for two weeks, nearly 40% demonstrated dramatic liver enzyme elevations, which doctors consider a possible sign of liver damage.

    Acetaminophen, the active ingredient in Tylenol, is widely used to manage pain and fever. An estimated one in five US adults uses acetaminophen every week. Since acetaminophen is found in over 200 pain relievers and cold remedies, many people may consume large doses by unknowingly combining medications.

    Life Extension has warned about the dangers of acetaminophen poisoning since 1992. Acetaminophen overdose is the leading cause of acute liver failure in the United States.6

    Robert Gaston"


  2. Great information!
    •   
       


  3. Good read legal! Acetaminophen truly has the ability to be very hepatotoxic when dosing outside 3-4 grams/day, or using it period for any considerable amount of time period. I've witnessed far too many accidental/intended acetaminophen overdoses in my career with the prognosis usually being very poor(hepatic failure) if not treated in time. The worst part is its devestating effects are generally insidious in nature.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  4. Great post. I don't even take tylenol now that I have read about it and what it does to your body. It's been a few years since I've even thought about taking it

  5. its a pity, as it was the only non-nsaid pain reliever
    •   
       


  6. this is basic info
    evry body who wants to gain normaly should already know this
    any kind of asprin or ibprofen are big no nos
    especialy if your sore just dont take them
    they will hinder your gains
    obvosuly im talking about taking alot of them like all day long for pain relife

  7. Defiantely a good post. I never really took tylenol, never responded to it well at all.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  8. i rarely take tylenol, if i do have pain, and its intense, ill take 1600mg of ibuprofen, but thats once in a bluemoon. i try to stick it out for the most part.

  9. Imho acetaminophen is a terrible pain reliever in general. It works very well as an antipyretic though.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  10. acetaminophen is the leading cause of liver failure in the US.

  11. i posted that before reading LG's post. but anyways its a good post

  12. Something that most people don't realize: Most prescription narcotic pain relievers also contain tylenol. Vicodin, Darvocet, Percocet, ect have sizeable amounts of paracetamol(tylenol) as well. Just FYI, if on a cycle stick to motrin.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    this is basic info
    evry body who wants to gain normaly should already know this
    any kind of asprin or ibprofen are big no nos
    especialy if your sore just dont take them
    they will hinder your gains
    obvosuly im talking about taking alot of them like all day long for pain relife
    acetaminophen is not a COX-II inhibitor, which is the enzyme necessesary for production of prostraglandins, which is how aspirin and tylenol hinder your gains.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    [email protected]
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  14. Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Something that most people don't realize: Most prescription narcotic pain relievers also contain tylenol. Vicodin, Darvocet, Percocet, ect have sizeable amounts of paracetamol(tylenol) as well. Just FYI, if on a cycle stick to motrin.
    Very true. Many people who take these narcotics long term have prescriptions for a decreased acetaminophen level......325mg/tab as opposed to 500mg/tab.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary


  15. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    acetaminophen is not a COX-II inhibitor, which is the enzyme necessesary for production of prostraglandins, which is how aspirin and tylenol hinder your gains.
    your right its not an anti-inflammatory
    but next time you run sdng stack it with acetaminophen

  16. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    your right its not an anti-inflammatory
    but next time you run sdng stack it with acetaminophen
    Why would I do that, tylenol is terrible for the liver.

    I was merely correcting you on the grounds that your post made it out to seem that acetaminophen was the same class of drug as aspirin or ibuprofen.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    [email protected]
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  17. Quote Originally Posted by LilPsychotic View Post
    Something that most people don't realize: Most prescription narcotic pain relievers also contain tylenol. Vicodin, Darvocet, Percocet, ect have sizeable amounts of paracetamol(tylenol) as well. Just FYI, if on a cycle stick to motrin.
    You can get most of those without APAP just tell the doc..

  18. Tylenol is one of my main medicines of choice! Especially for anything pain-related. I'll be tossing all of it out. I've always known to stay away from Aspirin and pretty much figured that Acetaminophen was a friendlier substitute for it, but apparently not. I will be warning family and friends about this. I never would've thought it was more damaging than prosteroids. This is very interesting. The government makes absolutely no sense. Something that's proven to be more liver toxic, such as this, than steroids, the government doesn't have a problem with remaining legal and able to be consumed by Americans. However, prosteroids, are banned because they're so 'harmful.' This is just absurd. I hope somebody holding a federal position speaks out about this. The FDA, somebody in Congress, anybody. Thanks for sharing this!

  19. not new information but i cant recall when i last took tylenol
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging

  20. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Why would I do that, tylenol is terrible for the liver.

    I was merely correcting you on the grounds that your post made it out to seem that acetaminophen was the same class of drug as aspirin or ibuprofen.
    no its not you right but i was expressing the fact that none of them are good to dose every day for pain relief because of the long term accumulative effects of dosing every day

  21. lol.. oh boy...

  22. Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    no its not you right but i was expressing the fact that none of them are good to dose every day for pain relief because of the long term accumulative effects of dosing every day
    I hear ya. I really wish they took this out of nyquil.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    [email protected]
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  23. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGuyinNY View Post
    Tylenol is one of my main medicines of choice! Especially for anything pain-related. I'll be tossing all of it out. I've always known to stay away from Aspirin and pretty much figured that Acetaminophen was a friendlier substitute for it, but apparently not. I will be warning family and friends about this. I never would've thought it was more damaging than prosteroids. This is very interesting. The government makes absolutely no sense. Something that's proven to be more liver toxic, such as this, than steroids, the government doesn't have a problem with remaining legal and able to be consumed by Americans. However, prosteroids, are banned because they're so 'harmful.' This is just absurd. I hope somebody holding a federal position speaks out about this. The FDA, somebody in Congress, anybody. Thanks for sharing this!
    why is asprin so bad?

  24. What do I take for pain relief then?

    I'm in pain...

  25. How about Naproxen on a pro steroid?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. DO NOT TAKE ORALS WITH FOOD
    By contro in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-18-2016, 04:04 PM
  2. Replies: 154
    Last Post: 07-28-2012, 07:48 PM
  3. Do not take Tylenol (acetaminophen) with Prosteroids
    By LG Sciences in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 10:40 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2007, 10:13 AM
  5. You should not take Beta-alanine with other aminos?
    By Madevilz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Log in
Log in