Profile:Interleukin-15

armadilo

Awards
This is my first post in this forum.I am going to tell you guys about a drug you may or may not have heard of.

IL-15 hit the market in 1995 as quite the anabolic agent in a study published in the Journal Of Endocrinology.It showed that IL-15 doubled the rate of hypertrophy in the skeletol muscles.When stacked with IGF-1 it can increase hypertrophy 5ive fold.What I mean is that you could train normal for a year and gain 5 pounds but if you trained with this stuff stacked with IGF-1 you could gain 25.A good thing is that IL-15 doesnt make your internal organs grow.Just one 10mg dose costs about 400.I wonder how many pros are already takeing this stuff..Its not to be mixed up with IL-6 which is given to AIDS to boost their immune system.IL-6 is very catabolic and could cause a bodybuilder to lose 40 pounds of lbm in a couple weeks.Side effects of IL-15 are still unknown.

If anybody knows anything about IL-15 could they add it to this thread.I am trying to find out as much about this drug as I can.

armadilo

Awards
Description
Recombinant Human IL-15 produced in E.Coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 114 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 13007 Dalton. rHuIL-15 is purified by proprietary chromatographic techniques
Source
Escherichia Coli.
Physical Appearance
Sterile Filtered White lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder.
Formulation & Packaging
The protein was lyophilized from a concentrated (1mg/ml) solution with 5mM Tris pH 8.0.
Solubility:
The lyophilized rHuIL-15 is very soluble in water and most aqueous buffers below and above the isoelectric point (pI=5.7).
Stability
Lyophilized rHuIL-15 although stable at room temperature, should be stored desiccated below 0°C. Reconstituted rHuIL-15 is best stored refrigerated at 4°C.
Purity
Greater than 99.0% as determined by:
Analysis by RP-HPLC
Anion-exchange FPLC.
Analysis by reducing and non-reducing SDS-PAGE Silver Stained
(Limit of acceptance:?98.0%. No more than 2% total impurities; no single impurity greater than 1%)
Amino Acid Composition
In total agreement with the expected amino acid composition of native Human IL-15.
Amino acid sequence
The sequence of the first five N-terminal amino acids was determined and was found to be Met-Asn-Trp-Val-Asn, which agrees with the sequence of native Human IL-15.
Dimers and aggregates
Less than 1% as determined by silver-stained SDS-PAGE gel analysis.
Biological Activity
ProSpec's rHuIL-15 is fully biologically active when compared to standard. The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of the proliferation of CTLL-2 was found to be < 0.45 ng/ml, corresponding to a Specific Activity of 3 x 106 IU/mg.
Endotoxin
Less than 0.1 ng/µg (IEU/µg) of rHuIL-15.
Protein content
Protein quantitation was carried out by two independent methods:
UV spectroscopy at 280 nm using the absorbency value of 0.55 as the extinction coefficient for a 0.1% (1mg/ml) solution. This value is calculated by the PC GENE computer analysis program of protein sequences (IntelliGenetics)

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I remembe reading somewhere that Ronnie Coleman had been dabbling with interlukin-15 for some time now, I think it was 'bolex.

armadilo

Awards
I heard something about Ronnie takeing 50 g of creatine with his insulin.I havent heard much about people takeing this drug though.