Gear Use Truisms

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was on another board reading the many posts by people that really don't understand some of the basic truisms of AS use and decided to write a few of these ALMOST universal "isms" down.

1. The more gear you do the more you grow. Sorry I know many of you didn't want to hear that but it's a fact. While going from 500 mgs a week to 1000 may not double your gains it will increase them (assuming training and nutrition are in order) and going from a gram to 2 grams a week will again probably not double your gains but again will increase them.

2. Something happens when mega-dosing (2+ grams a week) that simply does not occur at lower doses. Magic starts!

3. For growth heavy androgens are the way to go for 80% of trainees. This means a test base with fina, d-ball, adrol, or EQ. Primo, deca, anavar, winny etc have their uses but NEVER supply the bang for the buck of the heavy hitters and never equate to the growth of the big-boys. If you can't grow on test, tren, and d-ball take up bowling, you ain't gonna grow. Quit searching for exotic roids that you think will somehow catapult you to the next level. The basics are where it's at. The only thing that grows better on the light anabolics is your suppliers wallet!

4. Shots should NOT hurt, or hurt VERY LITTLE! If the mg per ml ratio is correct for the gear/ester a shot should not be painful and should not cause swelling. ALL common gear (in oil, water based suspensions are a different animal) flows absolutely fine through a 25 gauge pin and if you can give me one reason to use anything else I would be stupefied! It is NOT the amount of oil that causes pain, it is the solvent content. MORE IS NOT BETTER!

5. MANY, MANY people are simply not bothered by est related sides. I see posts all the time by people that have just always assumed they had to use anti-e's and have never even done a cycle without them. If you are not sure you should certainly have them on hand in case, and they should always be used post-cycle but why use them if they are not needed? I have NEVER used anti-e's during a cycle even when doing 3 grams a week test. I have NEVER had any est related problem. Even when doing synovex with the est left in. Probably 80% of people do need anti-e protection but if you don't need it why are you doing it? All anti-e's reduce the anabolic effects of gear to some degree.

6. Doing gear does NOT stop overtraining from occurring, it greatly reduces its effects but EVERYONE still has a point (volume/frequency) at which overtraining occurs. THE BIGGEST SINGLE REASON PEOPLE DO NOT GROW IS THEY OVERTRAIN, PERIOD END OF DISCUSSION! I always suggest doing a routine that someone knows they can grow on when not juicing then the gear will amplify the training results. Most people overtrain and don't grow optimally or at all.

7. After your first couple of cycles each subsequent cycle has diminishing returns. You lose a large percentage of your gains post cycle. Don't tell me you keep all or most of your gains. If it worked that way the average guy starting out at 170 that gained 20 lbs each cycle and kept 15 would only need to do 6 cycles spread out over two years to be a 260 lb FREAK. It don't work that way sorry!

8. The big boys (competitive Bodybuilders and powerlifters) generally stay on year round. I know many of you didn't want to hear this.....sorry! That is how they avoid the weight yo-yo's and consistently go up.

9. The toxicity of orals is SEVERELY OVERSTATED. I have never talked to or exchanged information with someone that actually had blood-work done while on that still thought they were toxic. The people that will tell you how poison they are have NEVER been tested while doing them. I have done d-ball for over a year strait at 75+ mgs per day while being tested. No problems. They should still be used cautiously but until you have had blood-work done you have no idea how they will effect you. Nonetheless people recommending only using them for 4 weeks are fucking clueless!

10. The longer you stay on, the better chance you have of keeping the gains you make. It takes the body some time to acclimate to the new muscle mass. People that do little mini cycles tend to be yo-yo’s bodyweight wise.

11. How you come off is VITALLY important to how much of the mass you retain. Have a proper game plan and execute faithfully. I hate watching someone totally decompose because they fucked up post cycle so bad.

12. NO ONE CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH SIZE AND STRENGT YOU SHOULD/WILL GAIN ON A CYCLE. QUIT ASKING!

13. NO ONE CAN PREDICT WHAT SIDE EFFECTS YOU WILL INCUR, QUIT ASKING!

14. NO ONE CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH YOU WILL LOSE POST-CYCLE, QUIT ASKING.

15. All these things can only be learned in retrospect AFTER you have tried. Your individual metabolism is unique onto itself. You will never know until you try.

16. All AS work best in a calorie and macro/micro nutrient overabundance environment. If you are not getting 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight while “on” and training heavy you are fucking yourself out of gains. Quit bitching your not growing. Step up to the dinner plate or go home.

15. All this said IF your training routine and diet are correct you don’t need lots of gear for great results. I often get new trainees that gain more training natural with a great routine and diet than they did on their last cycle.

More to follow.....

Iron Addict

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
This means a test base with fina, d-ball, adrol, or EQ.
Do you really mean "test base"? That would require two injects per day. Or did you mean test as a base androgen plus fina, d-ball, adrol or EQ.

wikked1

Awards

15. All this said IF your training routine and diet are correct you don’t need lots of gear for great results. I often get new trainees that gain more training natural with a great routine and diet than they did on their last cycle.

More to follow.....

Iron Addict
Would you speak more of the great routine and diet please?

iron addict

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bow,

I meant using test as a "base" for all cycles with another androgen stacked with it. and BTW test no ester in oil works ABSOLUTELY GREAT with EOD injections. The oil to a large extent controls the release, not just the ester attached. Don't beleive it? Do a shot close to the skin and tell me the depot is gone in 24-48 hours. If you want to undertsnd this and other gear intricases better go over to Animals board and study.

Wikked1,

Go over to the training section of this board and read some of the articles I have recently posted or to Animals board and do a search by "iron addict".

Iron Addict

wardog

Awards
  • Established
BANG!! IA hit this one dead on.

Everything he said about juicing I have always said as well (except he got me on the oral toxicity issues, I have always held to 4 weeks)

I have had IA training me for about a month now, and I will say he has cut my volume and time in the gym WAY down and I am seeing impressive results. I am also staying on a VERY long time this time, so we will see how things are by say..the end of January :D.

Overall, I suggest you remember every bit of what was written above. I also suggest checking out IAs routines, and training services. For myself I am quite happy so far.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Fantastic read, IA. Pleasure to have you here. I hope you contribute here much more frequently.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very good stuff, indeed.. :)

db682

Awards
  • Established
I like these 3 the best.

12. NO ONE CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH SIZE AND STRENGT YOU SHOULD/WILL GAIN ON A CYCLE. QUIT ASKING!
13. NO ONE CAN PREDICT WHAT SIDE EFFECTS YOU WILL INCUR, QUIT ASKING!
14. NO ONE CAN TELL YOU HOW MUCH YOU WILL LOSE POST-CYCLE, QUIT ASKING.
Heard all to much everywhere.
Great post IA.
2 Thumbs up and a hand full of Karma for you my friend.

db

PC1

I note 2 very minor exceptions to this otherwise informative post, based on my own experience:

#9. Toxicity (overall, not just orals): The second AS cycle I did was a combo of anavar, dbol, decca and cypionate, and in ski slope lighter to moderate to lighter doses over a 12 week period. There was a grad student who was doing his thesis on AS and liver toxicity and who was looking for volunteers to compare blood work both before and during cycle. This was a good 17 years ago so I don't remember specific enzyme levels, but I do remember very clearly that several of mine were elevated well above what was deemed the normal range. I won't get into ".......well, was it a little or a lot above?" because I don't remember. In fact, all of my friends who volunteered were in the same boat.... normal before but several elevated while on. So I don't think anyone should kid themselves into thinking even a light or moderate AS cycle is not going to be putting their liver under additional stress.

#10. On the idea that taking AS over a longer period of time allows the body to acclimate to one's additional new size and strength, and so increases the liklihood of keeping gains post cycle. The very last (4th) cycle of AS I did concluded by running 200-300 mg of cypionate/enanthate each week for over ONE YEAR. I did so because I had this same belief (more of a hope, really). In the end, I still lost a great deal of the additional size and strength because my own endocrine system was not able to support it. I'd go so far as to say that it wouldn't have made any difference at all on a "permanant" basis if I had run that additional test level for 12, 9, 6, or even 3 months frankly. And in case anyone is wondering, no I didn't have anti-e's then but I did have HCG.

Thank you IA

Be well,

talas

Awards
good to be here

i am new to this board...it sounds like i am going to learn alot here. i like the disscussion i have read so far.

raybravo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IA , wondering why u feel 2+ gms would change things around significantly , u believe in high doses upregulating the androgen receptors ? if not , would like to know ur logic behind this bro .