Steroids and Fertility

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I really do not see this issue focussed on nearly as much as other possible steroid side effects. I suppose this issue doesn't affect everyone, but for those who consider healthy, safe and well educated long term use of AAS to accomplish their goals, what about the issue of male fertility problems? In perspective, many many athletes be they pro bodybuilders or whoever who use AAS regularly for years on end/ long periods of time still manage to be relatively fertile.

speaking to the well educated, planned, and health interested AAS user who is forecasting a future of AAS use.....we would be interested in prevention here. such as preventing a serious slow/halt in spermatogenesis. I know of the popular LH-like drug HCG is a popular ancillary such AAS users, and there is also the drug HMG (far less talked about). which is supposedly to FSH the way HCG is to LH.

any other's concerned about this issue related to their AAS usage?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's why there is 'cycle support' and 'PCT.'

Those who use irresponsibly will face some very unpleasant consequences.

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
you only become infertile when you are ON a cycle because your natural test production is shut down or extremly low. when you are off cycle, with the aid of other substances your body starts to produce natural test again and you are fertile again.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you only become infertile when you are ON a cycle because your natural test production is shut down or extremly low. when you are off cycle, with the aid of other substances your body starts to produce natural test again and you are fertile again.
well i totally agree with that statement, but i cannot imagine that this is a 100% efficient process. Is it really something that isnt of much concern assuming like most on this board, that proper on cycle support and post cycle therapy is done? I am also talking about people who dont just do a cycle here and there, but rather do more frequent cycling etc. what about these pro's and other guys who stay ON for years? some of them still remain fertile....? when they cease their use does their fertility just bounce back assuming they were smart about their support while ON.?

this is all just food for thought really......

how does the use of HCG while ON impact the situation?

sportsbro21

sportsbro21

Awards
  • Established
no one stays ON for "years" at a time. they cycle ON for 10-14 weeks then cycle OFF for several weeks, or enough time for natural test to return to normal. the people that stay on for extended periouds of time end up on the front page of the news for killing them selves or some kind of organ shut down/failure.
one of my favorite things about being ON is that its alot like being on male birth control. haha

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
no one stays ON for "years" at a time. they cycle ON for 10-14 weeks then cycle OFF for several weeks, or enough time for natural test to return to normal. the people that stay on for extended periouds of time end up on the front page of the news for killing them selves or some kind of organ shut down/failure.
one of my favorite things about being ON is that its alot like being on male birth control. haha

I wouldn't say ' no one stays ON for years'. There are plenty of guys that do. Sort of a blast n cruise, but the cruise part is more than enough T to keep them shut down @ 250mg/week.

Also, while it does diminish sperm production it certainly is not 100% effective male contraception. It was actually studied for this purpose in third-world countries and found to be ~80% effective IIRC. It took 2-3 months to consistently lower sperm counts to 0 in ~50% of the subjects and the remaining had 2-3 million sperms/mm of ejaculate. While it is down from the 2-3 billion of a normal person, its certainly not fail safe.
Not the odds I would bet against if I were not looking to have a kid.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But, still; if you're gonna get spunky, then cover your monkey! :thumbsup: lol

billm311

billm311

Awards
  • Established
related topic
dont tell the kids new setriod study

now, granted, the study group was fairly young - received treatment while teens to blunt growth, then retested some ten years later.

treatment lasted about a year. They all recovered fine.

gutterpump makes a remark about using hcg+hmg to keep sperm-fsh-Lh elevated.

check it out

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
related topic
dont tell the kids new setriod study

now, granted, the study group was fairly young - received treatment while teens to blunt growth, then retested some ten years later.

treatment lasted about a year. They all recovered fine.

gutterpump makes a remark about using hcg+hmg to keep sperm-fsh-Lh elevated.

check it out
thanks man ill look into it. HMG seems rare and hard to come by. possibly gotta get a doc script to get a hold on it frequently. this is the type of discussion / protocols that i was interested in. PREVENTION moreso than acceptance of the "inevitable"

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I always wondered this as well and posted the question on a board that was shut down during O.R.D. Basically, they were all fine. I was also a little surprised at the amount of guys that said they got their girl pregnant while ON cycle.

As long as you're smart about what you do you should be A-OK.

hCG seems like a smart thing to take on-cycle, like 250iu, 2x/week.
ive taken the HCG route and will not cycle without it. My boys and I felt quite "normal" together even when on well over a gram of gear for 15 weeks