Help With Doctor Decision 20 yr Old

BSanders

Awards
Seekin some advice please...Im 20 years old and it has been almost 6 months since a prohormone cycle and before that a year. I had a question about androgel and the effects it may have on having children, im not sure about what my doctor has prescribed, and ive decided to come here for help.
Please any advice would be great...

I was prescribed to arimidex about a year ago to combat some gyno issues everything cleared up and seemed to be going alright except i had some feeling of shutdown so i called my endo and he upped my dosages to .5mg every other day. This combatted the gyno and maybe raised my test a little bit. Its been a while now and i returned to my regular doctor to seek some help with the raising my test levels and helping the shutdown. He suggested a few blood tests. My free test came back really low and my FH and pituitarity gland were found to be working perfectly fine. Today i returned from the doctor with a prescription for AndroGel to raise my test levels and get me back up. I am aware of what it does but i just feel that replacement therapy at my age should not be in question.

Maybe clomid treatment...
Any Advice would be helpful thank you.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Seekin some advice please...Im 20 years old and it has been almost 6 months since a prohormone cycle and before that a year. I had a question about androgel and the effects it may have on having children, im not sure about what my doctor has prescribed, and ive decided to come here for help.
Please any advice would be great...

I was prescribed to arimidex about a year ago to combat some gyno issues everything cleared up and seemed to be going alright except i had some feeling of shutdown so i called my endo and he upped my dosages to .5mg every other day. This combatted the gyno and maybe raised my test a little bit. Its been a while now and i returned to my regular doctor to seek some help with the raising my test levels and helping the shutdown. He suggested a few blood tests. My free test came back really low and my FH and pituitarity gland were found to be working perfectly fine. Today i returned from the doctor with a prescription for AndroGel to raise my test levels and get me back up. I am aware of what it does but i just feel that replacement therapy at my age should not be in question.

Maybe clomid treatment...
Any Advice would be helpful thank you.
A doctors word is a doctors word. If you do not like his decision, I would get a second opinion. Another thing is... I hate that you have been informed too late, but you should never touch things like this until you are at least 21. You are an example of what can happen if you do not follow that golden rule. If your test was low to begin with, I would have tried another method besides PHs.

BSanders

Awards
see thats the thing i think my body just reacted to it differently then most people ive never had a problem with testosterone i was always fine and then i took a cycle back senior year and cycled off and i just dont think its been right since... i had some gyno and it was corrected with arimidex in the fall of 2006 and after that it was fine up until a few months ago...i discontinued the use of arimidex about 2 months after it was prescribed because i felt my test was back to normal..i mean my testosterone is not gone its just low for my age...i still get erections in the morning its just not as strong as it was and i think i may have just not completely recovered from a previous PCT..i mean before the drastic decision of replacement is made should i run some more tests and what are some solutions...

THanks

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
Its weird that they would prescribe you test when you're shut down, unless they have given up on restarting your HPTA... anyone else here who is more knowledgeable than me agree or disagree? Seems to me that they would want to give you something to spur the boys back into production, like HCG.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Its weird that they would prescribe you test when you're shut down, unless they have given up on restarting your HPTA... anyone else here who is more knowledgeable than me agree or disagree? Seems to me that they would want to give you something to spur the boys back into production, like HCG.
That is really odd they are starting replacement therapy. I would talk to your doctor and ask him about this. Again, you can always get a second opinion.

cdent

Awards
I agree. Second opinions are always a good idea. This is something you want to be sure about. It would be nice if you didn't require hormone replacement therapy for the rest of your life.

ANABOLIKHULK

Awards
Androgel may raise your test levels but you might also get your gyno back. ALso the androgel will shut you down your hpta more than what it already is. You're 20, stop freaking out you'll be fine, let your body do fix itself up. I would suggest good diet and hard workout plus supps like tribulus and ZMA. You'll bounce back have some patience.
If you are dead set on a serm to help with recovery I would recommend nolva @ 20 mgs ed for 4 weeks. After that its a waiting game.

BSanders

Awards
alright thanks guys i mean when he said replacement therapy i was like are you kidding me...maybe its because my dad was recently prescribed to the same thing...my doctor has not checked my htpa...he has only run three blood tests before this decision...the first was a free testosterone, the second was an LH and prolactin....how would i get him to test my hpta

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
HPTA is hypothalamus-pituitary-testicular axis. Your testosterone levels are the functional test of HPTA (to oversimplify).

My advice is to do a regular PCT and then stop putting drugs in your system until it normalizes itself. And any doctor putting a 20 year old on hormone replacement seems like you might want to question that a bit.

BSanders

Awards
what post cycle would you suggest for me im all ears man...

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
WTF, you're just not recovered yet...end of story. Does he know you've done cycles before?