To SERM or not to? Addressing those who swear by it and those who dont...

kidracer69

Awards
I've talked to a few of you who have told me you ran SERMless before so I know there are some if not more of you on the board.

I'm not looking to get flamed (I have 2 months worth of Nolva on my shelf fyi for the SERMnazis) I just want to discuss why some feel it is absolutely necessary to run SERM for PCT and why some choose not to.

As I have read in the Stupid Peoples Guide to PCT
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/66113-no-excuses-no.html
a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator) combats the side effects of estrogen without completely blocking/getting rid of it.

It was said that these estrogen levels after a cycle is necessary to have so that the body can increase/start test production to reach equilibrium.

Well for those SERMless guys, how do you combat the sides?
You can use an AI and lower estrogen levels, but doesnt that hinder equilibrium? I guess you can do it successfully that way as far as battling gyno guys, but you will lose a ton of gains- thats probably where the real reason for running a SERM comes from I'm thinking.

I'm just trying to understand this the easiest way I can. Thanks for the help.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I am not a SERMless guy. I use a SERM for my PCT. I typically do not run it as long as I thought I needed to when I first started dabbling in the dark arts. I do not use it for gyno prevention but for HPTA stimulation. I'll typically start with a high does clomid X2 days and taper down for a weeks or so. If i get hindered by too many visual disturbances i switch to nolva. I like the clomid since it has been shown to increase sperm production :)

MkUltra

MkUltra

Awards
My thoughts (and actions) are similar to johnny's. I use clomid 100mg x2 days then do 25mg ED for as long as I can handle it, usually about 1-2 weeks. I also have raloxifene on hand, just in case.

It is possible to get by without it, but its a good idea to have it around thats for sure.