TNT Diet...Anabolic Diet

alainbballing

Awards
Quick stupid question.. How do u guys feel about the anabolic diet or even the tnt diet while on a cycle?

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bump....can you guys post what you eat....what protein you buy? i'm looking for a no carb high fat protein but having trouble finding one....how have your results been so far?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would be easier to buy a protein blend and add in some EVOO or eat some nuts.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Quick stupid question.. How do u guys feel about the anabolic diet or even the tnt diet while on a cycle?
The AD works great on cycle and you will be able to tolerate a pretty hefty caloric surplus. Make sure to bump your protein to 2g per lb. of body weight.

alainbballing

Awards
THanks for all the input...sounds like i got the green light on this so far...would what omes cycling on make a difference? Like superdrol for example?

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i read somewhere that the carbs in your post workout shake dont count as your 30g per day carb intake is this true? i also read to not have fats in your shake not sure if this is true. can someone clear this up for me?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
i read somewhere that the carbs in your post workout shake dont count as your 30g per day carb intake is this true? i also read to not have fats in your shake not sure if this is true. can someone clear this up for me?
You can have carbs in you post workout shake, but only if it's absolutely necessary..

Also, I just went through the book, and I don't remember it saying anything about not having fats in your shake, I'd definitely do it.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
THanks for all the input...sounds like i got the green light on this so far...would what omes cycling on make a difference? Like superdrol for example?
No. People say you need carbs with Superdrol but I've used it on the AD and had better gains than when I was eating 500+g of carbs per day.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
There are different variations of the diet and some allow you to consume 30g of carbs post workout. Do they count against your 30g of carbs per day? Yes. You will probably be consuming around 50g of carbs per day at this point because having your entire 30g of carbs post workout is no fun. A lot of the foods we eat on the AD have a few carbs here and there which will add up on top of your 30g post workout. And if you are consuming 50g of carbs per day as opposed to 30g then you will not be as carb depleted at the end of the week and therefore will be consuming less carbs during the carb up periods. If this is something that interests you then you should check out the Natural Hormone Enhancement diet. With this diet you would carb up twice per week at the last two meals of the day (say wednesday and saturday) and be consuming the post workout carbs. But If you choose to follow the AD then as ozarkaBRAND said only use them if it is absolutely necessary. The majority of people will not need them. If you are on the AD then you should follow it strict for at least 8 weeks before you decide to try something like this. It is not necessary to have carbs post workout as research shows when you are fully adapted to the diet IGF-1 will shuttle carbs into the muscles post workout. Eating extra carbs post workout will only take away from the awesome fat burning effects that occur post workout on the AD.

As for your second question, are you reffering to having fats in specifically your post workout shake? If so, then post workout I would recommend a 40g protein shake w/ only 10g of fat. Then 50 minutes to an hour later you have a full meal w/ 30-40g of fat. If you're question was referring to having fat in any shake that you are making a full meal then yes you can put fat in your shake. EVOO and heavy whipping cream make for a bomb shake.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info botch. i"ll have to try out the whip cream in my post workout shake.

thwomp

Awards
I'll second the heavy whipping cream and evoo in PWO shake. Works great ;)

alainbballing

Awards
No. People say you need carbs with Superdrol but I've used it on the AD and had better gains than when I was eating 500+g of carbs per day.
So is it Just a preference thing to have carbs on Superdrol? I think it was on this site where I saw a guy getting flamed for being on a low carb diet while on superdrol

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
So is it Just a preference thing to have carbs on Superdrol? I think it was on this site where I saw a guy getting flamed for being on a low carb diet while on superdrol
I've always thought that you need carbs for superdrol too but I went ahead and tried it anyway and it worked great. I think someone may have a different results if not fully adapted to the diet, for instance, someone who goes straight into a cyclic diet from a high carb diet at the same time as starting a superdrol cycle. During about the first 6 weeks you will still be dipping into ketosis while your body adapts, but this is not the goal of the diet. Once you're body is sufficiently adapted to using fat as its main energy source then its a whole different ballgame.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
right now i'm using anavar at 50mg ed. i start the anabolic diet next week. I'm thinking that the anavar will help mainatin all muscle mass if i were to lose any during the switching phase from burning carbs to burning fat. Am i right?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that high carbs help mask the lethargy some, but so does taking 150mg of DHEA an hour before the superdrol...

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
right now i'm using anavar at 50mg ed. i start the anabolic diet next week. I'm thinking that the anavar will help mainatin all muscle mass if i were to lose any during the switching phase from burning carbs to burning fat. Am i right?
The diet is very protein sparing and I wouldn't worry about losing any muscle mass during the metabolic switch. I did not notice any loss in muscle mass even though my workouts suffered during the break in period of the diet (and I started in post cycle therapy mind you). But the var will definately give you a little something extra.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i guess we"ll see if it keeps my strength up during the switch.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i started my diet yesterday and all day yesterday i had plenty of energy usually i get really tired around 3pm. Today i feel great too this is what i'm eating:
4 eggs, 1oz american cheese, 2 turkey sausage patties
2oz colby jack cheese, 3oz honey maple turkey
bacon cheddar cheese burger(no bread)
protein shake
8oz ground beef with 2oz of velvetta cheese.

protein comes in around 260g, fat 160g, carbs 24g

The ration is 56%f 4%c 41%p so I/m looking pretty good. the only things i might change is i may substitute the bacon cheeseburger for some grilled chicken with some EVOO. and dinner sometimes with tuna fish and some EVOO. The only thing that i am concerned about is my saturated fat which is at 74G which is almost half of my total fats. is this a big concern or can i stick it out for a few weeks and change some things up?

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
i started my diet yesterday and all day yesterday i had plenty of energy usually i get really tired around 3pm. Today i feel great too this is what i'm eating:
4 eggs, 1oz american cheese, 2 turkey sausage patties
bacon cheddar cheese burger(no bread)
protein shake
8oz ground beef with 2oz of velvetta cheese.

protein comes in around 260g, fat 160g, carbs 24g

The ration is 56%f 4%c 41%p so I/m looking pretty good. the only things i might change is i may substitute the bacon cheeseburger for some grilled chicken with some EVOO. and dinner sometimes with tuna fish and some EVOO. The only thing that i am concerned about is my saturated fat which is at 74G which is almost half of my total fats. is this a big concern or can i stick it out for a few weeks and change some things up?
It looks pretty good except saturated fats should make up about 33% of the diet. My recommendation would be to get more omega-3's and omega-6's. Dr. DiPasquale recommends at least 1g of EPA/DHA per day (for most brands of fish oil this will be 10 caps per day) and I would recommend replacing some of the other saturated fats (probably the cheese) with EVOO. I usually get about 4-6 tbsps. of EVOO per day.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah maybe i'll cut out 2oz of the colby cheese and replace it with EVOO. I eat a lot of cheese because its loaded with protein too. I seem to have plenty of protein in my diet so i can cut some out. I was also thinking about cutting out the burger and replacing it with 2 chicken breasts with some EVOO how does that sound? Minus the cheese on the burger and the bacon and the colby cheese hopefully the saturated fat will drop down a descent amount

alainbballing

Awards
trying using fitday.com to calulate everything for u

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
yeah maybe i'll cut out 2oz of the colby cheese and replace it with EVOO. I eat a lot of cheese because its loaded with protein too. I seem to have plenty of protein in my diet so i can cut some out. I was also thinking about cutting out the burger and replacing it with 2 chicken breasts with some EVOO how does that sound? Minus the cheese on the burger and the bacon and the colby cheese hopefully the saturated fat will drop down a descent amount
Yeah that sounds like a good plan. I really like to vary my protein intake on this diet.. some eggs, a little ground beef, a little turkey, chicken, tuna, a protein shake, etc. I've had weeks where I only had enough to cash buy one type of meat (for instance, ground beef) and believe me this can become quite boring. One thing I've learned with this diet is that you can use most of the money you would normally spend on supps. and buy meat with it.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah i'm really hoping that the only supp i"ll be using is protein powder. You definitely look ripped in your avatar. I'm about 11% bf so i don't see there being a problem getting down to 8% in 2 months. how many cals do you take in?

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
thx man.. I don't even know where I stand on bodyfat percentages I haven't had it taken in like 10 years. I just go by the mirror.
To get adjusted to the AD you should take in maintainance cals for the first month. This will be anywhere from 15-18x bodyweight in cals. It is not advised to start cutting cals directly from the get go on this diet since you won't yet be adapted, but once the first month is done then you can start cutting. Once you start cutting then I think that 8% in 2 months is definately doable.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
alright cool. i'm taking in about 2700 and around 2800 is where the 18x my body weight would be so I should be alright. I'm goign food shopping today so i think i might pick up some salsa or something to throw in with my beef i eat for dinner

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Today im going to start to take glutamine with my post workout shake. i read somewhere that it replenishes your glycogen in your muscles the way that carbohydrates would. What would be the best dosage to take

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Today im going to start to take glutamine with my post workout shake. i read somewhere that it replenishes your glycogen in your muscles the way that carbohydrates would. What would be the best dosage to take
Dr. Di Pasquale recommends 5g post workout. You don't need any more than this.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
cool that works for me. I had my first carb up this weekend. Felt good to eat carbs again. The 12 days prior to eating carbs i felt great, never felt tired, and had a lot of energy. i never had a crash that a lot of people say they have around day 8 or so.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear it went smoothly for you. :thumbsup: