Question about all these non-methyls

bignative22

Awards
I was just wondering if these are pro-hormones or steroids? Is propadrol for instance an active or does it convert to something? I haven't been able to find what the parent compound for some of these is (max LMG, propadrol, etc... my guess is it's Winny for Winzstrol lol)

Just so I don't have to open a new thread, what is an effective dose for propadrol on its own? 60 or 90?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I was just wondering if these are pro-hormones or steroids? Is propadrol for instance an active or does it convert to something? I haven't been able to find what the parent compound for some of these is (max LMG, propadrol, etc... my guess is it's Winny for Winzstrol lol)

Just so I don't have to open a new thread, what is an effective dose for propadrol on its own? 60 or 90?
The parents are unclassified as best I can tell, they are obscure pogestins actually.

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established

I think a search for propadrol may yield information.
I have never used that myself.

Max LMG and clones of it I have utilized in conjunction with PP. Max LMG gives good strenth and size gains and for me was not overly wet although others have reported this. It is a progesterine derived coumpound so be weary of progesterin indiced side effects. high dose b6 can help. It requires proper PCT. I used at between 75mg (80 for clones) and 125mg (120 for clones) with 20-30 mg of PP ~5 weeks. Very good results and not too bad on the blood work which is posted here if you search "my phera plex xmass log" on here.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice to see you around D. It's been a while.

Anyway, I have tried pretty damn hard to find out about these two products and can't find much (not results, but info about the actual progestins). The only thing that I figured out was that they are both progestins and that according to their nomenclature and the definition of a gonane they are "tetracyclic hydrocarbons without methyl groups at the C-10 and C-13, and without a sidechain at the C-17."

I don't know much about organic chemsitry(yet:twisted:), so I'm not even sure if this means anything that we didn't already know. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/79658-nomenclature-dummies.html

Last edited:
EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I don't know much about the chemical structure, but Propadrol is a progestin and allegedly they threw an AI in there as well.

Personally, I tried to pulse it and quit after 2 days at 60mg each because it spiked my BP. That's about all I can say, except that I'd rather do a mild methyl with the proper liver support.

You could also look at Furazadrol. A bit pricey, but from what I hear it is a pretty effective non-methyl. Search and yea shall find.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Nice to see you around D. It's been a while...
I needed a break, but its good to be back and see you too stxnas!

Your points are valid, whether you understand the nomenclature or not. :) 19-nor (lack of a methyl branch from the C10) almost always makes a progestin, same thing with groups larger than methyl (like ethyl) on the C13.

I don't understand why it says 12-ethyl on the bottle though. :blink:

Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Awards
  • Established
My understanding of Max LMG and its clones are that they are very chemically close to if not identical to the progestin (anti-progesterone, in females anyway) RU-486 (the morning after pill).

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
My understanding of Max LMG and its clones are that they are very chemically close to if not identical to the progestin (anti-progesterone, in females anyway) RU-486 (the morning after pill).
That is most evident in big, bulky substitutes on the C11. It may have anti-progestin properties (I'm not sure because I've never used it) but it does not look related to the compounds you mentioned. Honestly, I'd guess that it would be a fairly potent progestin, but I don't have resolution on the structure yet. If it really is alkylated on the C12, that would be very strange indeed.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice to see you around D. It's been a while.

Anyway, I have tried pretty damn hard to find out about these two products and can't much (not results, but info about the actual progestins). The only thing that I figured out was that they are both progestins and that according to their nomenclature and the definition of a gonane they are "tetracyclic hydrocarbons without methyl groups at the C-10 and C-13, and without a sidechain at the C-17."
[/QUOTE=stxnas;1140456]

Weird. There is no Wiki on it. Maybe you should do a writeup.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Hooray For The Doctor!!!!!!!!!! Good To See You Back!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weird. There is no Wiki on it. Maybe you should do a writeup.
I was merely referencing the gonane groups in a write-up that I found: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/79658-nomenclature-dummies.html I'm pretty new to organic chemistry, otherwise I might consider doing something like that, lol.

FUNDAMENTAL CARBOCYCLES
2.1. The parent tetracyclic hydrocarbon without methyl groups at C-b and C-13 and without a sidechain at C-17 is named 'gonane'.

bignative22

Awards
I don't know much about the chemical structure, but Propadrol is a progestin and allegedly they threw an AI in there as well.

Personally, I tried to pulse it and quit after 2 days at 60mg each because it spiked my BP. That's about all I can say, except that I'd rather do a mild methyl with the proper liver support.

You could also look at Furazadrol. A bit pricey, but from what I hear it is a pretty effective non-methyl. Search and yea shall find.
That's interesting that it spiked your BP. I will definitely look out for this. Did you notice this from readings or side effects first?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FWIIW I've noticed that others on propadrol have mentioned high bp too.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
just that one bud!!! ha! god bless the net,we can meet everywhere!
Yes, the wonderful net. Bringing nerds together everywhere! I love it. :) Good to see you here too my man.

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
That's interesting that it spiked your BP. I will definitely look out for this. Did you notice this from readings or side effects first?
Side effects first. By the beginning of day two I had a splitting headache. On day 4 I checked my BP and it was elevated. So, I just terminated the cycle. It was just a pulse anyway and probably ill-conceived. If I had pre-loaded with hawthorn berry, I might not have had a problem.

Live and learn!

bignative22

Awards
Side effects first. By the beginning of day two I had a splitting headache. On day 4 I checked my BP and it was elevated. So, I just terminated the cycle. It was just a pulse anyway and probably ill-conceived. If I had pre-loaded with hawthorn berry, I might not have had a problem.

Live and learn!
I've been taking 1g of hawthorne twice a day, do you think that is sufficient?

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking 1g of hawthorne twice a day, do you think that is sufficient?
What does the bottle say?

I think typical recommended dosage is 500mg to 1500mg per day. So 2 grams sounds OK to me, but I would check against the recommendations on the bottle in your hands too.