Can I do a cutting stack as my first stack?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.77%

Can I do a cutting stack as my first stack?

What do you guys say, can I do a cutting stack as my first stack, or should I start with bulking? I'm 6'3, 29 years, 215 pounds, probably 15-20% body fat, several years lifting experience. I have put on about 80 pounds over the last 3 years as a result of lifting, eating, antidepressants, and quitting smoking (as well, of course, as not having my diet right. I'm not gonna lie.)

I'd honestly like to be 200-240 pounds with about 8% body fat. I don't plan on competing, but I would like to have some decent abs and definition. My arms are decent def. wise, as is my chest, but my midsection from above my knees to below my belly button is where the fat is storing up.

I have done a lot of research on juicing in various ways, and I'm honestly leaning towards either the HGH route or a cutting stack to try and cut up, and see if I'm happy with that. I'm tired of going up in waist size honestly - its getting expensive on the wardrobe tip!

My rough stats:
    Arms 16"
    Chest 46"
    Waist 36-38"
    Calves 16-17"
    Thighs - I forgot
    Neck - 17"

I'm also at the age where in a few months I'll be 30, and can go to a legit sports clinic and get prescribed test and hgh. I want to be clear that I don't want to compete in the olympia. I wouldn't mind being significantly bigger in the chest and arms if it meant I could have a 34 or 32" waist again. (3 years ago it was a 30 or 31", but that was when I was like 3% bodyfat and 135 pounds - got extremely sick and lost tons of weight)

Anyway, comment away if you have something intelligent to say

2. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

is that waist size based on pants size or measuring tape? quite different things.

Getting your diet under control and "appropriate" is critical. 3000 calories a day of deep fried scallops and twinkies doesn't cut it even if it does come to a 40/40/20 macro. I wish it did. The problem is that supplements or gear only amplify, they aren't magic. Some people gain 6 lbs on a superdrol cycle, some gain 18, the difference is diet. Similarly with cutting, if you try to count entirely on something external to get you there, then it means you have to use that indefinitely to maintain it. Get your diet right, add cardio to your lifestyle and then when fat loss starts to slow down - ie no losses for 2 weeks - then consider adding supplements or gear.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Terrible idea for a bunch of reasons

1) you aren't ready to begin cycling. 6'3 215 with high bodyfat is nowhere near an advanced enough level

2) cutting is about DIET and cardio, and your diet obviously isn't perfected yet. It is very difficult to perfect diet so dont take that as an insult, it just takes time, experimentation, dedication

3) first cycle should always be a bulk, why start dulling your receptors for a cycle that you won't keep anything from?

Stay away from HGH, it probably won't help you much. DIET and CARDIO my friend.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.77%

Gotcha. Thanks for the input guys. I added in cardio a few weeks back... doing ellipticals a few times a week, as well as long walks outdoors.

Anybody got any good links to some diet stuff? I know I'm supposed to be eating 6 meals a day and all that... would be great if anybody has any good stuff for me.

Thanks!
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by PhilABowl View Post
    Gotcha. Thanks for the input guys. I added in cardio a few weeks back... doing ellipticals a few times a week, as well as long walks outdoors.

Anybody got any good links to some diet stuff? I know I'm supposed to be eating 6 meals a day and all that... would be great if anybody has any good stuff for me.

Thanks!
    good, do intense cardio 30+ minutes 3-4x a week, and lifting the other 3-4 days. The long walks will help too, the pros are known to do a lot of walking before going to sleep.

I don't have any specific links on diet, but you have to keep it very strict. 6 small meals evenly spaced throughout the day. For cutting I am sold on the idea of low carb, high protein and moderate fats (from good sources). In the absense of carbs your body will turn to burning fats instead, and high protein intake will help to maintain muscle mass.

Supplementation is important, branched chain aminos acids will also help to keep from going catabolic. A good cutting stack would be something like ECA, high dosed fish oil + high dosed BCAAs. If you want a performance boost, look into a natural supplement. I think this path is more effective for a cut in the long run.

Similar Forum Threads

1. As my current stack is winding down...
    By mikespe in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-17-2014, 07:26 PM
  2. Alpha lab kit as my first cycle, BF% pre cycle?
    By Got2bStrong in forum Forerunner Labs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2013, 03:54 AM
  3. Running Epistane as my first cycle, questions
    By mrh86 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 11:29 AM
  4. looking to put together my first stack!
    By musclejunkie in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
  5. My first Stack
    By UrgeToGrow in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 04:10 PM