Toxic Shock Syndrome and Steroids

Chicken

Chicken

Awards
I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who use to be an injectable drug user. He was telling me how easy it is to go into TSS from exposure to cotton. Apparently wiping the needle off with cotton is what caused him to go into TSS once.

This got me thinking about some of the people here that experienced the "test flu" syndrome. I would like some insight from those who have used both orals and injectables on this subject.

TSS is actually fought using steroids to clear the infection. I do wonder if anyone has been contaminating thier syringes with cotton, by wiping the needle down before injection.

Here is one publication I found regarding TSS from intramuscular injections.
Toxic shock syndrome responsive to steroids

I personally am very very carefull about how I run IM's. To the point that the needle is never in contact with more than one surface before its garbage to me.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wouldn't worry about it. It said its very rare.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who use to be an injectable drug user. He was telling me how easy it is to go into TSS from exposure to cotton. Apparently wiping the needle off with cotton is what caused him to go into TSS once.

This got me thinking about some of the people here that experienced the "test flu" syndrome. I would like some insight from those who have used both orals and injectables on this subject.

TSS is actually fought using steroids to clear the infection. I do wonder if anyone has been contaminating thier syringes with cotton, by wiping the needle down before injection.

I personally am very very carefull about how I run IM's. To the point that the needle is never in contact with more than one surface before its garbage to me.
Just clean the area of the skin w/ alcohol before you shoot, and never use the same syringe twice. Using a brand new needle/syringe every time would give you no reason to wipe it off, and virtually eliminates the chance of infection.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I can't for the life of me think of a single reason to touch the needle with anything other than the sterilized vial and my sterilized skin.

I get test flu from injection but nothing from transdermal of the same hormone. I believe it is just the body reacting to a foreign substance regardless of sterility.

BIGG DOGG

BIGG DOGG

Awards
  • Established
First off you never touch your pin with anything,reusing them is retarded. Test flu is your body tripping out on the abnormally high levels of a hormone, and i generally only happens with very high weekly doses. I also think the condition of your immune system prior to pinning should be taken into account. If your body is fighting a minor infection at the time you start it will leave you more susceptible to this....

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Steroids used in treatment of TSS are corticosteroids and have no relation to AAS.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established

like bio and bfid said

1. corticosteroids are used to treat TSS by stopping an over-aggressive immune response. anabolic steroids are a completely different class of substances
2. why would he be wiping down needles with swabs? the only reason i can think of is that hes using the same pin more than once, in which case he should be less worried about TSS and more worried about a full blown abscess.

test flu isnt just test flu, i have experienced it with high dose deca and trenbolone (which was especially bad) as well. its more of an "androgen flu". these flu symptoms are not the results of TSS, but from the body trying to reach some semblance of homeostasis by boosting cortisol levels through the roof, alone with a whole host of neurohormones and growth factors.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
I would draw, then change needles, then inject.

Chicken

Chicken

Awards
Yeah I only posted for those who's choices may be less sterile.