First Cycle, Test Prop

1. Registered User
    Answers

First Cycle, Test Prop

I've been a powerlifter for 4 years and have recently, within the past year began training MMA (BJJ, Muay Thai etc.). I've been having problems recovering properly and have lost a small amount of weight, due to the increased amount of training I've been doing.

I'm 6'0 and 210lbs and have decided I will be starting my first injectable cycle in early Janurary. My goals are pretty basic for my first cycle, enhanced recovery, moderate strength gains and 5 or so pounds of lean weight gain, I would like my first cycle to be quite mild.

I have done some research but would always like some guideance and opinions. I am leaning towards a low dose Test Prop cycle over Test Enth, I have read that most dose their first cycle of Test Prop in the ranges of anywhere between 100-250 every second day, reasons why I am leaning towards Test Prop are its shorter halflife (I am a tested athlete at some times of the year) and its well documented results.

My only concerns are pain at the injection site and blood profile problems because of the frequent injections.

I am open to anyones critisim, if another Test is better for my first cycle, I'd like to know how and why.

2. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

100mg eod. youll need to brush up on pinning but after you get it down it wont be so hard to do eod.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Thought I'd add some more info on here so you could give me more accurate guidance.

Weight: 205-210
    Bodydat Percentage: 12% (Dexa scan)
    Years Training: Lifting 6, Powerlifting 4
    Lifts: (S-B-D) 450-325-615 raw, 600-350-625 suited

Training Frequency: Mon,Tues,Wed,Thurs,Fri, Sat

Powerlifting is Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat
    MMA is Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri

Supplements include ECA, CEE, BCAA's, Glutamine, Fish Oils
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    100mg eod. youll need to brush up on pinning but after you get it down it wont be so hard to do eod.
    Yah, I've been told it takes some getting used too...but if I'm doing something to make me a better athlete I'll make it work.

Reasoning for 100mg eod?
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

well ed is better but if you can handle the rotations and pinning. Maybe as you go along and get comfortable you could do ed. Id shoot for around 400-600mg total ew...you do the calculations. actually 125mg eod would be around 500mg ew. Some people are different. What is your cycle history?
  6. Registered User
    Answers

well ed is better but if you can handle the rotations and pinning. Maybe as you go along and get comfortable you could do ed. Id shoot for around 400-600mg total ew...you do the calculations. actually 125mg eod would be around 500mg ew. Some people are different. What is your cycle history?
    Sorry, maybe I didn't make it that clear. This is my first AAS cycle.

Pistonpump, have you ever done a simple Prop cycle, how did you like it?
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigjs View Post
    Sorry, maybe I didn't make it that clear. This is my first anabolic steroids cycle.

Pistonpump, have you ever done a simple Prop cycle, how did you like it?
    oh ok.

actually ive never ran prop.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bigjs View Post
    I've been a powerlifter for 4 years and have recently, within the past year began training MMA (BJJ, Muay Thai etc.). I've been having problems recovering properly and have lost a small amount of weight, due to the increased amount of training I've been doing.

I'm 6'0 and 210lbs and have decided I will be starting my first injectable cycle in early Janurary. My goals are pretty basic for my first cycle, enhanced recovery, moderate strength gains and 5 or so pounds of lean weight gain, I would like my first cycle to be quite mild.

I have done some research but would always like some guideance and opinions. I am leaning towards a low dose Test Prop cycle over Test Enth, I have read that most dose their first cycle of Test Prop in the ranges of anywhere between 100-250 every second day, reasons why I am leaning towards Test Prop are its shorter halflife (I am a tested athlete at some times of the year) and its well documented results.

My only concerns are pain at the injection site and blood profile problems because of the frequent injections.

I am open to anyones critisim, if another Test is better for my first cycle, I'd like to know how and why.
    If your only looking for small gains why would you use injectable test? Hell, you can gain 5 lbs on a bs oral designer like hdrol. If you want more strength gains, you may want something more androgenic. If your going to run your 1st injectable test cycle, I'd run Test e 500mg/week for 8-12 weeks. Test prop half life =4.5 days, test e HL=10.5 days. I'd opt for the test e just to reduce # of injections. I mean if your going to get busted, I don't think a couple of days is really going to make a difference. If your really concerned about it, then you shouldn't use juice. And I really think you should reevaluate your goals here. For 5 lbs, and some strength there is no need for injectable test. Most 1st time users go for gains in the 20lb range. Why don't you run a 3 week superdrol and call it a day. That would certainly give you the gains your looking for, and drastically reduce your chance of getting caught. JMO.
  9. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Do keep in mind that the prop ester is shorter and therefore takes up less volume than enan. 500 mg prop is roughly 400 test and 100 ester. With enan it is ~350 actual testosterone.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bpmartyr View Post
    Do keep in mind that the prop ester is shorter and therefore takes up less volume than enan. 500 mg prop is roughly 400 test and 100 ester. With enan it is ~350 actual testosterone.
    yeah i was thinking about that. Actually he could go with less. I was just saying a little more than the usual recommendation because i was assuming he had already cycled with designers before. 500mg test e was somewhat dissappointing for me, someone who had past experience.(unless i was underdosed).

I think psychotic brings up a good point. An OTC oral steroid like epi or hdrol would bring you what you want and you could always say you bought it at ______ and thought it was legal....
  11. Registered User
    Answers

yeah i was thinking about that. Actually he could go with less. I was just saying a little more than the usual recommendation because i was assuming he had already cycled with designers before. 500mg test e was somewhat dissappointing for me, someone who had past experience.(unless i was underdosed).

I think psychotic brings up a good point. An OTC oral steroid like epi or hdrol would bring you what you want and you could always say you bought it at ______ and thought it was legal....
    It is legal unless he is a natural competitor.

Id def. say a 4 week havoc cycle at 30mg/day. I dont think he is suited for superdrol as a first time user. Test or Havoc.. maybe H-Drol but that will cause you to lean out more than gain while havoc is better for gaining.

Research FTW.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. First cycle - test only, do I need HCG?
    By dodgy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 08:56 PM
  2. My First Cycle - Test Prop !!
    By zpole in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-11-2013, 02:51 PM
  3. First Tren/Test Prop cycle... What should I expect?
    By BoneCrusher70 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 11:35 AM
  4. First Time Test Prop Dosage
    By tdmaker in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 11:37 AM
  5. Creatine - First cycle, Test E only
    By mikeblasting in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 03:58 PM