Hair loss freakin out

lewisfitness

Awards
I had to stop a dbol cycle short because I had a gyno scare, and im on week 2 of pct with nolva but im noticing now my hair is thinning on top and im freakin out.

I ran and got some rogain but i know i probably need something else like a dht blocker?

does this hair grow back?

JBerto

Awards
  • Established
I had to stop a dbol cycle short because I had a gyno scare, and im on week 2 of post cycle therapy with nolva but im noticing now my hair is thinning on top and im freakin out.

I ran and got some rogain but i know i probably need something else like a dht blocker?

does this hair grow back?
No, but it stops thinning.

Go fast for propecia.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry man - but thinning of the hair is just one of the sides that come with anabolic steroids. Before you started your cycle, you should have been on Propecia. Although, if you're prone to MPB, anabolic steroids should be the last thing you do if you're going to freak out over the sides.

Sorry man, live and learn. Now get back on that horse and ride on!

lewisfitness

Awards
How long into a pct does the hair loss stop?

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Once it starts it does not stop till its all gone. Sorry Buddy.

Chicken

Chicken

Awards
get a dht blocker shampoo also, that will slow it down. Any sallie beauty supply should have it. Bald isnt so bad anyhow, just depends on how you deal with it.
Keep it short so you dont look like a clown head, and you will be fine.

lewisfitness

Awards
Thinning eventually stops? and u just have to deal with the hair u lost? or ur just going to go bald and theres nothing anyone can do?

How long does propecia take to work?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are predisposed it could progress quite rapidly.

Chicken

Chicken

Awards
yes if its mpb it will continue, but I havent cycled in a while and my hair looks thicker. The hairline will not come back but may thicken in if aas not used for a while.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Thinning eventually stops? and u just have to deal with the hair u lost? or ur just going to go bald and theres nothing anyone can do?

How long does propecia take to work?
The rate of thinning brought on by the DBol and change in hormonal levels will stop soon.

Any thinning associated with MPB which is mostly genetic will of course continue at the same rate as before.

Someone suggested an anti-DHT shampoo which will reduce DHT in the scalp. That product is called NIZORAL and is available OTC at places like Walmart. This product especially helps on-cycle.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any thinning associated with MPB which is mostly genetic will of course continue at the same rate as before.
That's a little debatable. It does depend on frequency or subsequent cycling. Often hormonal balance barely gets re-established and people cycle again. I suspect after a one time cycle long term it may stabilize again but otherwise...

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
The rate of thinning brought on by the DBol and change in hormonal levels will stop soon.

Someone suggested an anti-DHT shampoo which will reduce DHT in the scalp. That product is called NIZORAL and is available OTC at places like Walmart. This product especially helps on-cycle.
Nizoral 1% is available in the US OTC, but I've heard its crap.

If you go to Amazon, there is a canadian seller there selling Nizoral 2% which works better (and they ship VERY fast). I've seen some reversal of thinning I saw from Epi in a few weeks time used EOD/E3D.

X

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established

If you go to Amazon, there is a canadian seller there selling Nizoral 2% which works better (and they ship VERY fast). I've seen some reversal of thinning I saw from Epi in a few weeks time used EOD/E3D.

X
2% would be better than 1%...yes.

In the past I've used the 1% OTC on test cycles and my shedding was almost non-existant...

...so now you've heard its crap plus you've heard one dude say it worked for him. :)

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established

X
Yeah, I used the 1% Niz/salicylic acid mix, and my hairline seems to have recovered some from my last epi cycle. It wasn't that bad to begin with though.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
2% would be better than 1%...yes.

In the past I've used the 1% OTC on test cycles and my shedding was almost non-existant...

...so now you've heard its crap plus you've heard one dude say it worked for him. :)
Touche'

lewisfitness

Awards
Here's where I'm at right now.

Propecia on the way, really prayin to god its not bunk

Rogaine bought

and getting the anti dht scalp solution.

Now i know with some of these products you have to continually use them or else ur back from square one.

god save the hair!

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You should be fine - just don't get into the habbit of using more then what you need. Propecia at 1mg a day is sufficient enough to stop hairloss and has it has been shown to help regrow hair in 20% of patients. I know that's not a high number, but atleast it stops te follicle from death.

Here's where I'm at right now.

Propecia on the way, really prayin to god its not bunk

Rogaine bought

and getting the anti dht scalp solution.

Now i know with some of these products you have to continually use them or else ur back from square one.

god save the hair!

lewisfitness

Awards
also there was a brief time in the past when i had dbol and didnt pct and there was no hair loss...

would stopping nolva help with the hair loss or are they totally unrelated?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anecdotally I had seen more sheading during the use of Nolva than I ever did when actually on anything else.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's always related when you use anything that has an affect on your hormones, Not having a proper PCT is never a good thing - All because you feel OK, your body could be getting ready to rebound, and that's not cool.

Try to limit your cycles, or cut them out if you are overly concerned with hairloss. Even taking Propecia while you're ON then stopping its use is bad. Propecia has to be taken everyday for the duration that you want to keep your hair. It's simple really, don't do things that cause adverse effects on things that are important to you.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was under the impression that the topical (or oral) treatments to prevent or reduce hair loss (even normal MPB) need to be taken indefinitely. Once they are discontinued the hair will receded to the point of what it would have anyway.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You are correct. I pay $60 a bottle of ProScar, which is 4mg finistride but can be cut into 1/4. Propecia cost the same for 30 1mg - so it's cheaper to get the other. Luckily my doctor gives me proper scripts and usually has a load of samples so I'm not sending myself to the poor house by keeping my hair. LOL!

I also recently had a hair transplant to address my receeding hairline and I am thrilled. I have hair like I did when I was 18! Ha-Ha! Damn it's expensive, though. Insurance will not cover it because it's not life threatening.

Also, my insurance will not pay for Proscar of Propecia - so that's strickly out of pocket.
I was under the impression that the topical (or oral) treatments to prevent or reduce hair loss (even normal MPB) need to be taken indefinitely. Once they are discontinued the hair will receded to the point of what it would have anyway.

lewisfitness

Awards
I read the prevention thread, but now im in the damage control mode... trying to look at the brighter side of things but this should be a cautionary tale... because its shedding so rapidly its disgusting

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I dont know how old you are, but as you do get older you start realize that theres more to life than the hair on your head, I was on propecia when I was 19 and by 25 I stopped taking it, I was tired of always suppressing my dht and all the things that did to my body.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tells a main who is vain about his body to not stress over going bald....:rofl:

I have achived almost domedness and at times would really love to have a full head of hair to compliment my now stellar physique (cough...cough). I enjoy the convenience but it does age me a good deal. Plus I had Vinny Barbarinno hair growing up and it kills me.

lewisfitness

Awards
how long does propecia take to work?

And im beginning to think that its my nolva that is causing this, so I'm going to immediately taper it down and see what happens.

Or once dht starts at the scalp it never stops? i find hard to believe but gimme a heads up on this

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
60 days at minimum...

I am not a fan of Nolva (or any Research Chem)

Propecia at 1mg a day will help. Anything above that and you'll have libido problems. Read up on Finistride. It was originally developed for an enlarged prostate... Research my friend, the information is readily available.

how long does propecia take to work?

And im beginning to think that its my nolva that is causing this, so I'm going to immediately taper it down and see what happens.

Or once dht starts at the scalp it never stops? i find hard to believe but gimme a heads up on this

lewisfitness

Awards
nolva cause

Im thinking more and more that it was the nolva that started the hair loss.

So as im trying to understand this, the nolva blocked my E receptors so testosterone could come back up... now im guessing that my dht levels came up way too high...

now removing nolv out of the picture can i expect the dht levels to go back down?