Local News Story on High School Kids and "Gear"

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
damn you google and your 18 million steriod sites lol. Parents should notice that their kids bulked up 20 lbs in a month and be suspicious. I bet most of these kids ordering this stuff online are using their parents credit card too. So it comes down to parental supervision in my opinion.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
There is not 18 mil steroid sites online. They are typical discountanab;oc style things with false names n stuff. The kids are not gettin them online. They know people. The same people prolly gettin them the weed, coke, E, and other shyt. I understnad that high school is WAY to young for anabolics but everyone seems to be misinformed. I thinkt the drinking problem is far far more out of control than anabolic use. Look at drunk driving.

advanracing62

advanracing62

Awards
I concur! The parents didn't see their kids getting bigger? Seriously, we have become a nation of people that want everyone to do everything for us... whilst we sit on the couch and watch Rachel Ray and eat our triple mega colossal burger with fries.
Too bad bad press for anabolics doesn't work as well as bad press for Brit.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I concur! The parents didn't see their kids getting bigger? Seriously, we have become a nation of people that want everyone to do everything for us... whilst we sit on the couch and watch Rachel Ray and eat our triple mega colossal burger with fries.
Too bad bad press for anabolics doesn't work as well as bad press for Brit.
YEa today some kid in my nutrition calss did a report on DHEA, what a freakin tool. Typical steroid related info. Whatever though.

Its really not that hard though to tewll my mom i am not using a PH or that somethin is what its not. I have roughly 20 bottles and containers of things in my room from multi & protein too PHs and SERMs. Well to say the least my mo mask what it is and i give a very very very vague description. I doubt these kids are on stuff like Cheque drops(i know they're orals) but nothign to insanly size gaingin or they would be screwed. Prolly only doing 1/2 of what is usually used.

You have top assume they are miseducated. I just think it is sad that teens and yougn kids are growing up so fast and THINK they are smart enough and mature enough for these things. From 10 year old with cell phones to thinking they are "in love" society is slipping slowly out of a reaonsable grasp.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
There is not 18 mil steroid sites online. They are typical discountanab;oc style things with false names n stuff. The kids are not gettin them online. They know people. The same people prolly gettin them the weed, coke, E, and other shyt. I understnad that high school is WAY to young for anabolics but everyone seems to be misinformed. I thinkt the drinking problem is far far more out of control than anabolic use. Look at drunk driving.
Its so much easier for them to come after gear. The war on drunk driving and other drugs is proving a losing battle so they go after what is easy.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Its so much easier for them to come after gear. The war on drunk driving and other drugs is proving a losing battle so they go after what is easy.
I disagree. Gear you have to be caught in the act, not, hey youre to big for your age come hear. I heard plenty of stories in highschool about kids partying, cops come, warnings handed out, small tickets. I mean, these were kids 16-18 drinking, drunk. Prolly driving home and on occasion i heard how hard of a time they had driving home. I jsut think Gear is becoming more focused now cause peopel take the easy way out. See people in good shape and assume.

Me and a friend at work lift and train. He is 150 at 5'9" ish and ripped and proportioned well. I am 5'10" a little thick and have shape. Well i used to be called a juicer or user and he does too now. People cant accpet hard work.

I think steroids are not being looked foron a local level but they need to hit the sources of dealer if they really really want to stop it.

Either way i could care less cause no one will stop them. PEople will use them and end up in the hospital due to abuse.

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
I completely agree. Not to agree with gear use in teens, but they give gear use a rough rap, and say that it's corrupting teenagers, that it's going way too far, and yet narcotic use is up, drunk driving deaths are up, all of these other issues are well more than just apparent, and yet they go after these issues. And they take the worst case scenerios of teenagers that are using gear with no PCT, and messing themselves up, so they bring people to conclusions that everyone who uses gear are messing themselves up big time and yada yada yada... personally I feel that they should go after the drugs that are making the BIGGEST impact on high school teens nowadays.

advanracing62

advanracing62

Awards
I don't know, maybe they should just let the kids die out... survival of the fittest right? (no pun intended) Do you really want someone that can't research and think working/leading/integrated into society?
Then again- it's those people the give personal "trainers" their life's blood.... my what an enigma.
the fastest way to solve the problem is to just make them legal and apply tax to them. It's a win-win for everyone... the govt. makes money to pay for what ever it is they do... underground stuff starts going away in favour of higher quality stuff that is available legally... people get educated more by health care professionals...

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I don't know, maybe they should just let the kids die out... survival of the fittest right? (no pun intended) Do you really want someone that can't research and think working/leading/integrated into society?
Then again- it's those people the give personal "trainers" their life's blood.... my what an enigma.
the fastest way to solve the problem is to just make them legal and apply tax to them. It's a win-win for everyone... the govt. makes money to pay for what ever it is they do... underground stuff starts going away in favour of higher quality stuff that is available legally... people get educated more by health care professionals...

WORST IDEA EVER! There will still be abuse. Thats like sayin sex is ok casue everyone uses a condom and birth control right?!
Sorry but F That, that will be horrid.
Youll have a society of nothing but health issues, mental issues, still mis informed people.

I would rather see weed become legal first and feel safer about that. AND I DONT EVEN SMOKE!
Sorry man but that idea is a terrible one. Youll have all kinds of shyt hit the fan.

advanracing62

advanracing62

Awards
it's a war that will never be won- no matter how you play it. I look to areas where you can get things legally... and see that things aren't as "I want to do it because I am not supposed to"- Teen's logic here.
Sure, there's abuse... there is always abuse- and will always be. But think of it this way- things that are illegal get negative press and have more smoke and mirrors about them than things that are legal.
I guess the bottom line is understanding and education- one thing that people tend to be wary of, since it's easier to kill something we frear than to embrace something we love.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
My sixteen yr old nephew came to me and asked about Mass Tabs. It seems a lot of the football player at his school are taking them because they were told by the guy at the shop they weren't steroids. They thought they were just like creatine. This is one way these kids get this stuff. I told my nephew if he used this stuff I would rip his head off. Once I told him they were steroids he said he wanted nothing to do with it.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
They don't care. And to make it worse they love to sell to teenagers who "just wanna get HUGE".

Brian5225

Brian5225

Awards
  • Established
That video states that they're worried about the long term effects of "gear" and yet that they're still worried about the other narcotics and alcohol. But they speak of the other drugs as not having long term effects like "gear" does. So if I hear this right, I can smoke pot, drink, and take other drugs without having to worry about long term effects, but if I take "gear" then I'll have long term health problems? Am I the only one that see's this problem?

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I disagree. Gear you have to be caught in the act, not, hey youre to big for your age come hear. I heard plenty of stories in highschool about kids partying, cops come, warnings handed out, small tickets. I mean, these were kids 16-18 drinking, drunk. Prolly driving home and on occasion i heard how hard of a time they had driving home. I jsut think Gear is becoming more focused now cause peopel take the easy way out. See people in good shape and assume.

Me and a friend at work lift and train. He is 150 at 5'9" ish and ripped and proportioned well. I am 5'10" a little thick and have shape. Well i used to be called a juicer or user and he does too now. People cant accpet hard work.

I think steroids are not being looked foron a local level but they need to hit the sources of dealer if they really really want to stop it.

Either way i could care less cause no one will stop them. PEople will use them and end up in the hospital due to abuse.
By coming after gear, I meant the media. Of course its not OK for a freakin teen to juice. The media loves to put cases of steroid use on the front page.