6-OXO Solubility

jay12

Awards
Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've just tried to make my own transdermal 6-OXO, but I'm running into some problems. I mixed up 240 ml of 40% Isopropyl, 25% IPM, 10% PG, 10% OA, 10% DMSO, and 5% D-Lim with 10 g 6-OXO. The problem is the 6-OXO comes out of solution instantly. Not just a little; it looks like all of it falls straight out, so I'm guessing I went overboard with the 10 grams. I know PA has 6-OXO in SKULPT so I'm wondering how much he is able to use. Another question I have is why does the 6-OXO have a yellow tint to it, no big deal, just wondering. Thanks in advance.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I have read at another board that someone seemed to get about 6-8 grams to dissolve, so you may have oversaturated it unfortunately. Try it with less powder, 25-40mg/ml at most I'd say, then assess again.

jay12

Awards
I have read at another board that someone seemed to get about 6-8 grams to dissolve, so you may have oversaturated it unfortunately. Try it with less powder, 25-40mg/ml at most I'd say, then assess again.
I guess I'll have to dillute it, but I'm wondering if it will really matter. The reason I ask is because it's not like the solution is holding 8 grams and just 2 are precipitating out, It looks like all of the powder I added just settled to the bottom. Like I said this is my first attempt at the homebrewing thing so I don't know if everyone is having to shake their solutions up before applying or not. I think I may just go with shaking it up before each application because I would hate to dillute it down to ~20 mg/ml just to find out that it does the same thing and have to basically bath in it to get to around 200mg/day. Heating the solution didn't seem to help much either. Thanks for your help though, I really appreciate it.